wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"The Kingdom Hearts Series Is Finally Coming To Steam"​

3975734-kingdomhearts.jpeg

"Historically, Square Enix has been a company of exclusives. They used to only develop games for the SNES; then they only developed games for the Playstation and PS2. When they decided to expand to the Gamecube, it wasn’t to port the PS2 titles, but to create exclusive games for that system. Since Square is a third party beholden to no one, this kind of behavior was never mandatory; it’s just how they did things.

Last week, Square announced a major shift in strategy: for the first time, the company will focus on multiplatform games for as many consoles as possible. They’ve been making slow steps toward this strategy, but never a full-on embrace until now: every time you hear about a major Square game there is usually some kind of timed exclusivity deal in place. For the next few months, PS5 is still the only place to play Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, and for the previous few months, the only place to play Kingdom Hearts on the PC was through Epic Games Store.

But the latter deal has now expired and all things Kingdom Hearts will appear on Steam simultaneously in the middle of next month. That means the definitive editions of all three main games: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts 3 + Re Mind DLC. You’ll be able to get all three at once with the expansive “Integrum Masterpiece bundle,” which also bestows an exclusive Keyblade called Dead Of Night (Square hasn’t revealed what advantage it has if any)."

Read the full article here.

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
I hope the prices are adjusted from what they are on EGS, because it was too expensive at launch and it's too expensive now. At a glance it looks like an impressive collection, but a lot of it is just collections of FMV's and I think the big draw for most people is going to be KH 1 & 2.
But $50 for a re-release of a port of a re-release of a remake of a re-release of a PS2 game is a very hard sell, especially when the entire collection can be had on PS4 pre-owned for well under $50

Last edited:

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
The 1+2 bundle (which also includes BBS and CoM) launched at about $35 which isn't terrible. That is with a 30% off launch discount though.

It's still not a great port, framerate issues on high refresh rate monitors is still present and the updates they have made broke the existing community fixes.

Moe

Great, I'm wait for Christmas sale because I already have all of copies on PS4.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.

Featured Posts