The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redemption

No one is beneath redemption..
Hm. I wonder if they'll put the "special" Starcrossed intro from its own DVD on the box set...or if Starcrossed will even be on it.

EJill34

Redemption said:
Hm. I wonder if they'll put the "special" Starcrossed intro from its own DVD on the box set...or if Starcrossed will even be on it.

Honestly, what would lead you to believe either of those things? It's like when people asked if "LSOK" or "World's Finest" would be on the S:TAS sets, when a minute of searching on Google would reveal those 3-parters to be episodes of the series.

Spider-Man

Redemption said:
Why wouldn't it be? It is episodes #50 - 52 of the Justice League series. They let the three part "World's Finest" and "Last Son of Krypton" episodes of Superman has its' own "movie" release but was also included on the Superman volume collection so why would this situation be any different? They'll probably do the same thing the Superman DVDs did and present them in the regular episode format. It seems like alot of posters are just looking for a way to spin this great news negative in any way possible and its disappointing and pretty ridiculous. I can't wait for these releases myself. Nice to know we'll have all the Superman and Justice League episodes by summer. Time to start saving especially since Ultimate Avengers 2 is also coming out this summer!

Silly McGooses

Wow, a sequel to Ultimate Avengers already?

This is going to be a great year for DCAU DVDs. Can't wait for specs on JL Season 2 and Superman Vol. 3.

kashpoing

I thought it was odd BB was being released on a season set when every other was released on volumes but if the seasons never get that long then I guess it works. Cant wait to get my hands on BB season one but it'll be a while til I get JL to many other things to buy.

Redemption

No one is beneath redemption..
I ask this because Starcrossed can be introduced with the normal intro. The DVD intro was just that. Just for the DVD. Worlds Finest intro was basically merged (I'm not 100% on Worlds Finest being that I've haven't had the chance to pick up the second volume. :sweat: ) into the episode so it would almsot be impossible not to have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenonn

Redemption said:

That's a valid point. Past history leads me to believe that all three parts of Starcrossed will be on the set; however, let's hope WB doesn't realize that they can make more money by leaving it off the set and forcing people to buy the separate release. :D

What is the "special" intro though? Did I miss something? I watched Starcrossed when it originally aired, but it's been a long while. Also, does anyone remember if this aired as the television movie format, or just three episodes in a row (with the "to be continued..." and the such)?

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Lenonn said:
What is the "special" intro though? Did I miss something? I watched Starcrossed when it originally aired, but it's been a long while.
It didn't air on TV, it was only on the single-disc release. Instead of the regular JL intro, they had various scenes celebrating the JL with the longer intro playing, culminating with GL & HG's first real kiss, all with a blue velvet-like filter.

John Cage

Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong
Duke said:
It didn't air on TV, it was only on the single-disc release. Instead of the regular JL intro, they had various scenes celebrating the JL with the longer intro playing, culminating with GL & HG's first real kiss, all with a blue velvet-like filter.

Hopefully they'll have it as a bonus feature (or easter egg). I don't know if it'd work like the alternate New Batman/Superman Adventures title selection, but it'd be something nice to put on the DVD, as would the Hawkman featurette and the deleted scenes. They'd better not carry everything over though. I want to have a reason to keep my Starcrossed DVD besides the option of watching it in fullscreen. Ahem.

Have a good day.
John Cage

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
I'm of two minds on that subject...I'd prefer for them to bring over the extras from the Starcrossed DVD so I don't have to buy it...

...but if those extras are going to take away from new extras being included on the set, then that would displease me greatly.

On Teen Titans season one, they included all the previous extras and one new one. I'd like for us to get our old extras, and a lot of new ones too.

Anyone care to make any wishes as far as commentary tracks go?

I'm hoping for....big surprise - Maid of Honor, Part One to get some commentary, simply because it's the best Wonder Woman episode either series has to offer (despite The Balance having more revelations). I'd also like to see Comfort and Joy and Starcrossed Part Two.

I'm expecting....Starcrossed Part Three (there are some big moments here from which much of Justice League Unlimited has sprung), Wild Cards, either part (they love Mark Hamill, and this was his last Joker performance) and A Better World Part Two (the focus on Batman and set-up of the Cadmus arc is something they'll want to talk about, probably).

I have to say, I think JL Season Two was pretty much the best of the Justice League episodes. They did some really great things there. It's like the last batch of The Adventures of Batman and Robin. Great stuff.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Fone Bone said:
I officially love Warner Home Video now.

Seriously, all is forgiven.
All those pies have made you soft. I on the other hand will not completely love WHV until Static and Zeta sets are announced and the hole in my heart is filled.:confused:

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
DisneyBoy said:
Anyone care to make any wishes as far as commentary tracks go?

I'm hoping for....big surprise - Maid of Honor, Part One to get some commentary, simply because it's the best Wonder Woman episode either series has to offer (despite The Balance having more revelations). I'd also like to see Comfort and Joy and Starcrossed Part Two.

I'm expecting....Starcrossed Part Three (there are some big moments here from which much of Justice League Unlimited has sprung), Wild Cards, either part (they love Mark Hamill, and this was his last Joker performance) and A Better World Part Two (the focus on Batman and set-up of the Cadmus arc is something they'll want to talk about, probably).

At least one part of Starcrossed, hopefully the third, and I guess it would be a nice send off for Mark Hamill to have "Wild Cards", but since "A Better World" and "Secret Society" are my favorite episodes, I'm hoping for those. Maybe they can say something about the decision to bring in Doomsday?

If there was commentary on "Comfort and Joy", it would feel like a waste (I feel there are better episodes). Not that it would be too too bad, I'd like to hear about the J'onn/Kents interaction.

John Cage

Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong
kenshi528 said:
All those pies have made you soft. I on the other hand will not completely love WHV until Static and Zeta sets are announced and the hole in my heart is filled.:confused:

As good as the current line-up of DVD releases is... I'll admit I'm inclined to agree, as far as Static releases are concerned. Heck -- they filmed material for a second release YEARS ago! It's due for another release.

Have a good day.
John Cage

Temple Fugate

mr jinx said:
did they announce which JL season 1 eps will get commentary? war world?? :)
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4655

Bruce Timm, James Tucker, Glenn Murakami, Rich Fogel and Dan Riba commentate on:
"Enemy Below" pt II
"Legends" pt II
"The Savage Time" pt II

They loves their part-twos. I wonder if they'll explain why they felt like lazily abbreviating "part"? :p Meh, at least they used Roman numerals.

Spider-Man

I'm interested in learning what this extra is from the first season collection:

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jl/releases/dvd/seasonone/
-Justice League: The First Mission: Watch this exciting "Never Seen Before" promo which helped Justice League leap into action

That can't be the same promo that was an easter egg in one of the single Justice League releases can it?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
kenshi528 said:
No see, these rapid announcments of DCAU titles basically makes me confident that they WILL release Static and Zeta. Heck, this release schedule even makes me think they may release Gotham Girls on a single disc. They don't have to give us everything at once to make me happy. They just need to show me that they ARE listening and giving us fans what we want.

And I am a HUGE Static Shock fan but I'm glad we got the Justice League sets first. I don't expect them to release everything at once.

And I'm on a diet. I haven't eaten pie in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts