The "Welcome Back" thread!

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Glad to be back and yeah, I figured in the first place I would need to search via anime superhero. Kinda sad that entering Toon Zone seems off now.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Really glad this forum is back up properly... I have to ask this though since I don't see another thread talking about it; seems like everything after November 25th to like Tuesday when the forum came back hasn't been archived. I know the forum went down like Mid January but that still means like there's about 6 weeks or so uncounted and erased from TZ's history and wanted to know if that is sadly going to stay erased unable to be gotten back or something that may be gotten back down the line.

Zedd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Really glad this forum is back up properly... I have to ask this though since I don't see another thread talking about it; seems like everything after November 25th to like Tuesday when the forum came back hasn't been archived. I know the forum went down like Mid January but that still means like there's about 6 weeks or so uncounted and erased from TZ's history and wanted to know if that is sadly going to stay erased unable to be gotten back or something that may be gotten back down the line.
Unfortunately, that data was not able to be recovered. I posted details about it here. As wonderfly has pointed out though, a lot of that data is archived on the Wayback Machine. So you can at least find some of it there.

It's great to have everyone back here on the official forum! Welcome back, and thanks for sticking with us!

Last edited by a moderator:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Unfortunately, that data was not able to be recovered. I posted details about it here. As wonderfly has pointed out though, a lot of that data is archived on the Wayback Machine. So you can at least find some of it there.

Just to piggyback off of what Zedd said, if you guys want to discuss the missing 2 to 3 months of material (or any other "glitches"), you can do so in thread that Zedd linked to above.

This thread is for people to announce they're back on the forums, and just to let us know how you all are doing, and how you feel about seeing the website back up and running!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I was puzzled as to what happened. Then I read the news and though uh mkay. Then I checked back in a few weeks and nothing. Thought that was weird. Kept reading the updates, had a bit of a withdrawal symptom and when I saw the temporary forum, smart idea albeit its limited lifespan and execution put me off from joining, I figured it'll take time. I started losing interest slowly and thought it was a done chapter, so I stopped checking. Today I remembered randomly and to my surprise it's back. Which is cool. And it feels like yesterday. Like we were in a time prison like Captain America. Since I see most people I knew are still here I'll stay. But I'll probably be posting less than before. Life's complicated and I started focusing on other things more since. But if I'll feel like I have something to add, I'll stop by and if you'll want to ping me, you can. That said, hello and welcome. Oh and I slightly remastered by avatar again. Can't get better than this I think.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
I'll probably post like I did before, but maybe not as much for the Toys/collectibles thread I started. I've kind of backed off from that as of late.

Stuff's getting expensive, man.

mqg96

You know what they say. You don't know what you have or how you have it 'til it's gone. That's how I felt when this site was on its ongoing outage. I'm thankful to comment on this official site again and see you all with your familiar avatars!

the greenman

Well, I have been in both a seclusion and busy with work & my health issues. So when this was offline I literally forgot about it. Until a coworker brought up something that reminded me. I looked into it and found the Twitter updates? Still was in no shape quite yet. I think this was around April or May.

Indeed . . . Welcome back!

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

the greenman

Hope you're in better health, greenman.
Thank you, Yojimbo. I am well just maintaining a schedule of intense physical therapy. I am warned to stay away from illnesses of any kind, that being something like cold & flu. The intense pt helps tho.

Here's hoping you and yours are doing well also!

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts