"Toonami" News & Discussion Thread

Conttactt

You don't think toonami won't expand to weekdays?
I mean, it is coming to weekdays. Friday at least. If the block has any hope of getting Mon-Thurs, it’s going to have to perform well. And between the weak early stretch of Naruto, and DBZ rerunning for the 3rd time its first batch of episodes, I don’t think it’s gonna turn in the numbers it needs to in order to take any other days.

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
I mean, it is coming to weekdays. Friday at least. If the block has any hope of getting Mon-Thurs, it’s going to have to perform well. And between the weak early stretch of Naruto, and DBZ rerunning for the 3rd time its first batch of episodes, I don’t think it’s gonna turn in the numbers it needs to in order to take any other days.
I kinda don’t want it to come to Mon-Thurs. That would pretty much mean the elimination of Checkered Past.

Conttactt

Okay, here's my solution.

5p-7p: Checkered Past

7p-9p: Toonami Rewind

Boom. Problem Solved. :D
Ain’t gonna go down that way. Fox content always has priority.

I think best case scenario for Rewind is Thus + Fri. It would get way too expensive burning 5 (10 for DBZ) episodes every single week.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Ain’t gonna go down that way. Fox content always has priority.

I think best case scenario for Rewind is Thus + Fri. It would get way too expensive burning 5 (10 for DBZ) episodes every single week.
You can still air Fox reruns at 9pm though

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Because Fox reruns do very well in ratings. The overall viewing audience for sitcoms, animated or otherwise, is higher than anything else on cable.

As much as people on here complain about overairing the current Checkered Past shows, if they dropped Checkered Past it would just be like the Saturday schedule where they air six hours straight of Fox cartoons, with two hour blocks of KotH, BB, and AD. Needless to say the Fox shows have aired far more times than the old CN shows, but they are still more popular. They regularly appear during the cable top 200 reruns, while Toonami shows appear there only occasionally, and Checkered Past shows never do.

RunoMisaki573

people watch sitcoms more than ever because the world is burning, they need that vent
honestly it's a miracle toonami is still on

If Toonami aired its final broadcast last year, we wouldn't have gotten Toonami Rewind. If that's the case, we would have gotten a revived "You Are Here" block instead, with shows like Unicorn, MAWS, Primal and (possibly) Young Justice as a replacement for the Friday version of Checkered Past.

Samurai Jack is in the Thursday lineup for Checkered past officially, but if the "You Are Here" revival happened instead of Toonami Rewind, I could see Samurai Jack land on such block considering its action theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Ever since Saturday night, they have been airing an “updated” version of the Rewind promo saying “Friday from 5-“ and then cutting off rather than saying 7. Very obvious oversight on a promo that has been airing heavily for days. With the block under 48 hours away, I doubt if they’ll even fix it before it debuts.

Conttactt

Ever since Saturday night, they have been airing an “updated” version of the Rewind promo saying “Friday from 5-“ and then cutting off rather than saying 7. Very obvious oversight on a promo that has been airing heavily for days. With the block under 48 hours away, I doubt if they’ll even fix it before it debuts.
The first few runs of the promo had the announcer say May 30th, so I assume they did a sloppy fix that fixed the date but messed up the time.

I’d assume this promo will continue to run even after the block premiers so I’d think they would have fixed it by now.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Toonami Rewind appears to be doing at least a few things better than Checkered Past. The shows are also streaming on the Adult Swim website. Oddly, they don't appear to be available on Sling on demand, sadly. Not being streamable on the website was a major minus for Checkered Past.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Off topic question, but is all the full episodes of Adult Swim Classics shows like Space Ghost, Brak, Sealab, Home Movies, etc are available on AdultSwim.Com for free?

Yes. Those are all on Adult Swim's site. It's just the Checkered Past shows that are MIA, maybe to discourage kids from visiting adultswim.com? My Adventures with Superman is on the website, so I can't really explain it.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Yes. Those are all on Adult Swim's site.
Yes, that’s great. Thank you.

Also, I did check out the Adult Swim website, and I do see most of the classic shows on there, but unfortunately some of the episodes do require a cable login, so not all of them are for free.
It's just the Checkered Past shows that are MIA, maybe to discourage kids from visiting adultswim.com?
Which is very weird considering that Checkered Past is on Adult Swim, you’d think they would have put Ed Edd n Eddy on adultswim.com. I don’t know. It just so strange to me.
My Adventures with Superman is on the website, so I can't really explain it.
Yeah, talk about ironic lol

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts