Toy Story 5 News & Discussion Thread

Dr.Pepper

My theory for the plot: Andy has kids and Bonnie is their live in nanny. They go to the carnival and find Woody.

harry580

I hope this is the true ending to the toy story film series (they could still make shorts & maybe a tv series)

Zorak Masaki

Someone on another board had a good question, we've seen a lot of major (real life) toys here like Slinky, Mr. Potato Head, Barbie, but there's still a lot of huge toy brands that havent been represented like Transformers, My Little Pony, Lego, Masters of the Universe, Lazer Tag, and Hot Wheels (though sentient Hot Wheels would be too much like Cars). Now, some of them may be due to them already having representations in currently running cartoons by other studios (There's pretty much been at least one Transformers series every year since 1996), but there's always expies (a la the GI Joe expy Combat Carl) they could use.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
It's going to take a lot to make up for the disappointment that was Toy Story 4. I mean, if there's any studio that can correct course, it's Pixar, but still.

Ace

Ace
I like Pixar but I hate that they're probably going to being forced to make more sequels.

They've already capped off the story.... twice and Woody is where he wants to be. Toy Story 4 is flawed but I'd argue it was flawed at conception. I can tell they tried to make it work.but it still had problems. A fifth Toy Story movie would make even less sense than the last one. The cast gets bigger every single iteration but they'll have a hard time giving all of them their own time to shine and develop any of their characters.

harry580

the only way how this film could end is if woody reunites with buzz & andy reunites with woody & buzz and not to mention, we get to know andys father

Moe

I thought Pixar said no more sequels.

but... yeah, I'm happy to see Toy Story 5 happening and of course, I absolutely love Toy Story series.

His family plot is going to be interesting.

ATSFGuy

but... yeah, I'm happy to see Toy Story 5 happening and of course, I absolutely love Toy Story series.

The question is "Can it hold up to the four others?"

Toy Story 4 wasn't too bad.

khuddle

Echoes my feelings exactly.

Pixar made it clear from the ending of TS 4 that that movie was the last in the series.

Until this latest announcement.

Whatever. I'll be first in line to see TS 5 anyway.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Toy Story 5 (Plus Other Disney Films) Have Release Dates Revealed"​

toystory.jpg

"Disney announced today that a release date has been locked into place for Toy Story 5: June 19, 2026. What this sequel is about is unclear.

It will more than likely be about toys who come to life when humans aren’t looking at them, but other than that, no plot details have been revealed. No one knows what Pixar has in mind or why they felt a fifth movie was necessary — or if they had a choice. Whether a Toy Story 5 is a good idea or not, we’re getting one.

Maybe we shouldn’t be so negative because it’s not like Pixar has released a bad Toy Story. Even 4, which had no apparent reason to exist after 3 tied things up so well, didn’t turn out terrible. We just don’t see how you can drag the story out any further than it has already been dragged. Surprise us (in a good way)!"

Read the full article here.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Another one... yay (In all seriousness if there making another one this better be not good but great)

Alph

Someone on another board had a good question, we've seen a lot of major (real life) toys here like Slinky, Mr. Potato Head, Barbie, but there's still a lot of huge toy brands that havent been represented like Transformers, My Little Pony, Lego, Masters of the Universe, Lazer Tag, and Hot Wheels (though sentient Hot Wheels would be too much like Cars). Now, some of them may be due to them already having representations in currently running cartoons by other studios (There's pretty much been at least one Transformers series every year since 1996), but there's always expies (a la the GI Joe expy Combat Carl) they could use.

Given that the first two films came out in the late 90s, I feel like they should have featured some random obscure Beast Wars figure who never appeared in the Beast Wars cartoon, like Snapper or Razorbeast.

Pooky

Staff member
I strongly suspect they were at least preliminarily planning this by the time Lightyear was announced, thus the awkward conceit that the film was itself a movie within the world of Toy Story, rather than a reboot or such.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".

Featured Posts