Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
The first signs of rebranding for Cartoonito UK.
1643410967522.png

Meanwhile, it looks like Italy might be stuck with the old look until further notice...
1643411547840.png

However, I saw the same rating things as the UK site on this page.

J10

That promo was being re-dub to their accent. It should better not to re-dub, and just air it as it is, but the announcer voiceover should be local. I wonder how the Asian/Australian promo will look like.

Unlike the other promos for the brand new Cartoonito in other countries (Turkey, Latin America, and the US), the British one over here doesn’t put the date of the rebrand, despite being mentioned in the highlight for February.

Also, they put the old Thomas & Friends (CGI) in the UK promo, not the reboot one (Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go).

Last edited:

JaredCap43™

On the topic of Mediaset, I wonder what a relaunched Cartoonito in Spain would look like. It's most likely going to be as a block on Boing since CN Spain is gone. Given that Italy might keep using the 2017 look, it's possible that this version might use those graphics rather than the current ones used in the US. I suppose they could also change its name (possibly to something like "Peque Boing") like with how "Another Week on Cartoon" became "Another Week on Boing".

J10

Cartoonito is expected to come to Boomerang MENA, and will be rebranded, as of February 6th, while watching the promo for Thomas & Friends Reboot, which is the countdown promo, according to a viewer on Facebook, whose watching the channel, since few hours ago. The video will be uploaded later.
1E876A49-97F7-4F34-BF98-06C2417C99F9.jpeg

Currently, the old and current CN Arabic/Turkey’s Cartoonito (from 2020) promo is still being aired on CN Arabic, and is about to be changed by today or in couple of weeks, as of the viewer.
E2EF2A32-2CE3-4D67-878A-8B34354D750E.jpeg

Also, Baby Looney Tunes will come back to CN Arabic, and also Thomas & Friends (CGI).

EDIT: Looks like CN Arabic will air the one where the reboot series, which is an All Engines Go episode called “A Thomas Promise”, rather than the CGI one, as it aired a promo for the show, which’ll be aired on Boomerang MENA.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Last edited:

kb6000

JaredCap43™

Only a few hours left. last chance to say goodbye!
This will be the last show to air in the 2018 era.
1643686308416.png

This will be the first show in the new look.
1643687224727.png

Cartoonito UK just updated their website. This is the last page not yet updated on the website. It appears that Cartoonito UK has lost the rights to Curious George. But Lazy Town's still on the website despite it being longer since it last aired (not sure when that was, probably 2017 (which was a year before Curious George premiered on the UK Cartoonito) or earlier?).
1643686822103.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
Cartoonito UK rebranded at 6am this morning. An old Cartoonito ident and Fireman Sam promo with the old branding at the start of the break. The DOG changed during a CN Jellystone promo, then a there was a Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry takeover promo and a Cartoon Network Climate Champions promo. Finally one very last old branded Cartoonito ident, then a now bumper with the new branding for Fireman Sam.

Overall, the rebrand transition was very smooth.

Also, the Cartoonito UK website now has the new logo along with the new reskin:

J10

The website has been changed, and if you went to the option site and you click Cartoonito, then it'll have a "502 Bad Gateway" message for the old link. You have to remove "-block" before you enter the link.

This is the new link for the new domain of Cartoonito:

The old icon has been removed, and the new logo has been introduced. The cube has been diamond here, before it falls to being a cube.
1644076573889.png

1644076488038.png

The schedule has been changed, starting Sunday morning on CN Arabic:
  • Tom & Jerry Show is being ditched from 5:50 KSA, and The Fungies is being aired in it's place.
  • After that, Cartoonito will be relaunched, and all Boomerang shows are going to be gone from the block. Instead of these shows, it'll air the preschool ones only. The block will finally end at 12:25 KSA, instead of 13:00 KSA. The schedule will show the following:
    • 6:30 KSA - Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
    • 7:10 KSA - Pat the Dog
    • 7:55 KSA - Baby Looney Tunes
    • 8:45 KSA - Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
    • 9:25 KSA - Fireman Sam
    • 10:10 KSA - 44 Cats
    • 11:00 KSA - Alice & Lewis
    • 11:45 KSA - Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
    • 12:25 KSA - End of Block (Next program after this block is Turkish Laith the King show; Kraal Shakir or Shakir the King, but on Monday, it'll air The Tom & Jerry Show).
  • On the other hand, Tom & Jerry Show, Mr. Bean, and Grizzy and the Lemmings are now being aired on this channel between 14:30 KSA and 16:00 KSA.

Here is the promo for the new show, Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go, with the new look:

Last edited:

J10

The website has been changed, and if you went to the option site and you click Cartoonito, then it'll have a "502 Bad Gateway" message for the old link. You have to remove "-block" before you enter the link.

This is the new link for the new domain of Cartoonito:

The old icon has been removed, and the new logo has been introduced. The cube has been diamond here, before it falls to being a cube.
View attachment 294366
View attachment 294365

The schedule has been changed, starting Sunday morning on CN Arabic:
  • Tom & Jerry Show is being ditched from 5:50 KSA, and The Fungies is being aired in it's place.
  • After that, Cartoonito will be relaunched, and all Boomerang shows are going to be gone from the block. Instead of these shows, it'll air the preschool ones only. The block will finally end at 12:25 KSA, instead of 13:00 KSA. The schedule will show the following:
    • 6:30 KSA - Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
    • 7:10 KSA - Pat the Dog
    • 7:55 KSA - Baby Looney Tunes
    • 8:45 KSA - Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
    • 9:25 KSA - Fireman Sam
    • 10:10 KSA - 44 Cats
    • 11:00 KSA - Alice & Lewis
    • 11:45 KSA - Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go
    • 12:25 KSA - End of Block (Next program after this block is Turkish Laith the King show; Kraal Shakir or Shakir the King, but on Monday, it'll air The Tom & Jerry Show).
  • On the other hand, Tom & Jerry Show, Mr. Bean, and Grizzy and the Lemmings are now being aired on this channel between 14:30 KSA and 16:00 KSA.

Here is the promo for the new show, Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go, with the new look:
Cartoonito Block has been relaunched, and here is the presentation. The DOG of Cartoonito is being on the right-corner being pasted by CN Arabic DOG. Imagine CN Arabic after Discovery took over the company, before moving the DOG to the left.
1644138940286.png

1644138956967.png

1644138971752.png

Also, Cartoonito Start Up Ident on the channel has just a kid saying in a voiceover, "Welcome everyone to Cartoonito", and "It's time for Fun", because the ident is being undubbed. It's great they didn't use the British redubbed one saying "Cartoonito" in the ident, and it's using the one originally from the US.

But what’s weird here was that the channel didn’t promote the new look, unlike the others. CN Arabic promoted the new look just for Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go.

J10

Cartoonito Block has been relaunched, and here is the presentation. The DOG of Cartoonito is being on the right-corner being pasted by CN Arabic DOG. Imagine CN Arabic after Discovery took over the company, before moving the DOG to the left.
View attachment 294385
View attachment 294386
View attachment 294387

Also, Cartoonito Start Up Ident on the channel has just a kid saying in a voiceover, "Welcome everyone to Cartoonito", and "It's time for Fun", because the ident is being undubbed. It's great they didn't use the British redubbed one saying "Cartoonito" in the ident, and it's using the one originally from the US.

But what’s weird here was that the channel didn’t promote the new look, unlike the others. CN Arabic promoted the new look just for Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go.
This is the continuity for the block, and they’re using both British (re-dubbed) and US (original) voices in these idents and presentations. The promo for the block is not dubbed, while the song in the same promo is in Arabic, and it looks like they’re using green rather than white at the end of the promo.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Boomerang Nordic will extend the Cartoonito airtime by 30 minutes. New audition to the block is Mush-Mush and the Mushables. It currently airs regularly on Boomerang but starting March 1 it will be a part of Cartoonito.

Cartoonito will now air at 08:00-09:30 and 15:00-16:30 starting March 1 meaning the block will last for 3 hours so far. It was obvious that Cartoonito is going to get more airtime. I mentioned this since the beginning.

However I wonder why they didn't add Mush-Mush in February. Maybe they were waiting for Cartoonito UK. The show will be there too starting that same day on March 1.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.

Featured Posts