“It’s Pony” News & Discussion Thread

ToonsJazzLover

We had a nearly 30 month gap (roughly 2.5 years) between Welcome to the Wayne and It’s Pony when it comes to full series Nicktoon that wasn’t a spin-off or a reboot premiering on television (not counting miniseries or Pinky Malinky since it’s on Netflix). The last time we have a gap this long? It was between August 1991-September 1993 and that was the early days of the Nicktoons brand. I hope we never go into a drought like that again. As long as people legally watch it by supporting it, I think we’ll be in good hands. Nickelodeon, don’t let me down for this next decade...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This will be the third time Jessica DiCicco voices the lead character in a series, though it's the first time she does so in a series not created by Dave Polsky.

kanc

As expected first episode of It's Pony now available on nick app and on demand, "Plants!", only first 11 min. episode

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Watched the episode, it was pretty good. I like the theme song, not one of the best, but has its charm. One tiny nitpick is I’m not fond of Annie’s voice, but I do like how it does sound like an actual kid.
Overall, 7/10.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
It was alright, I like the thick outlines and the crisp aesthetic of the show, it sort of reminds me of the artwork you see in children's board games. In terms of writing its kinda mediocre feels like your standard kids show with down to Earth humor not bad but I'm not going to give this series points in writing. Its a 6/10 for me

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
This wasn't terrible, but not good either. I guess I don't have to search for Nickelodeon's channel number after all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
That was "meh" for me. The episode felt like it had a lot of layers that didn't necessarily all fit together. Plus, I didn't laugh or even smile once. The characters also don't stick out much to me yet, although Pony can be somewhat amusing at times. I don't see the series changing much, so unless it greatly improves, I probably won't keep up with this one. HOWEVER, I really do appreciate Nickelodeon testing out some new animation and I pray that this doesn't get booted go Nicktoons.

Side note: The theme song gave me a Big City Greens vibe.

kanc

it's unlisted on Nick's youtube channel
I thought was pretty charming, it has a classic style to it, that I can't fully place. I like the animation style too. Want to see more before I judge fully.
As of yesterday it's now listed under Nick's youtube channel

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
The artstyle is something different. Otherwise, it ain't anything special, honestly. I don't see it lasting long, now that people are gravitating to shows like Amphibia / The Owl House, for example, as it is...

And yet, I still respect the dynamic between the MCs (Pony & Annie) more than anything concerning Lincoln & Clyde (TLH), admittedly. I'm sure it'll grow into something bigger with time, even if this show's biggest strength so far is only how nice it looks - the writing needs some work.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I decided to look at the trailer I think it looks better than the Loud House in the sense it has a more varied color palette and has a more unique style even though it still appears to use flash instead of traditional animation. Otherwise it doesn’t interest me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts