Transformers Earthspark News & Discussion Thread

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Paramount Television Studios should co-produce the series since the film studio is behind the live-action films.

TFormersMarvel

For some reason, the Deadline article drops the explicit action part of the action-comedy description that the series description states:
In the action-comedy series, a new species of Transformers must find their place and purpose among Autobots, Decepticons, and the human family that adopts them. The 26-episode half-hour series will premiere exclusively on Nickelodeon in the U.S. before rolling out internationally.

“As soon as I read the creative concept, which at its core is about family, I knew we absolutely had to tell this story with our good friends at eOne and Hasbro,” said Ramsey Naito, President, Nickelodeon Animation. “The series will tell a reimagined story featuring both original characters and fan-favorites for a whole new generation of kids and families. The creative team at Nick, overseen by Claudia Spinelli, SVP of Animation Development, can’t wait to get started on building this new world.”

This has led some people to jump to the conclusion that this series is going to be a self-aware comedy/parody series like Teen Titans Go or ThunderCats Roar, which doesn't seem to be the case as:
1) There's already an upcoming Netflix series that sounds closer to "chibi-parody" with Transformers: BotBots.
2) We've seen Ant Ward (Rise of the TMNT; TMNT 2012) and Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Rescue Bots; Transformers Prime)'s modern works before, and they've been action, comedies, or both that balance both genres well enough.

I'm just surprised it took VicacomCBS this long to bankroll on a Transformers series, since they been producing the live-action films since 2007.
Wishful thinking, but I'm curious if we've get a return to 2D animation with this series? It's not guaranteed, as the aforementioned producers have worked in both 2D and 3DCG shows, but Ant Ward coming off the heels of Rise of the TMNT just makes me wonder the thought of that level of animation production.
I'm also pretty curious about what this new species of Transformers will be featured here? Completely original, a hodgepodge of existing varients, or a straight-up adaptation?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It looks like Icon Studios will be handling the animation for the series. They've mostly done work for Disney, handling the animation for shows like Goldie And Bear (with Milkbarn Entertainment before switching to Titmouse) , Elena Of Avalor, TOTS (with Titmouse), The Rocketeer (with Wild Canary), and the upcoming Monsters At Work.

Screenshot_20210319-085830.png

Mandouga

I never seen Nickelodeon do Transformers before
...and they aren't doing this one. It's true that NICK is co-producing, but it's not the same thing. It's actually being made by eOne, which Hasbro now owns, and because of that, the rights will ultimately go to them

At least I THINK that's what's going to happen...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Nick being involved makes sense since Paramount is the studio behind the live action movies

Now for Paramount TV to co-produce a GI Joe live action series on CBS

dumbfoolkid5

Nick being involved makes sense since Paramount is the studio behind the live action movies

Now for Paramount TV to co-produce a GI Joe live action series on CBS
Personally I prefer if the series was in Japanese anime like Sigma 6 and Resolute.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts