Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

ShadowBeast

Thai Feud: This was a bit of a stinker. Sprig was just so annoying. It was like in "Trip to the Archives", once again Sprig is trying to force things. It's no wonder he didn't have many friends before Anne. I think the entire Plantar trio should've had the plot of being considered part of the Boonchuy family rather then give it to a single selfish frog(aka Sprig). At least the focus would've been shared.
The only thing I liked was the ending and that Ned wasn't trying to be a sneak about getting the recipes.

Adventures in Catsitting: This was a much better episode, but that isn't saying much. But still, this was a much better way for the Plantars to being considered a part of the Boonchuy family, especially with that ending with Mr. Boonchuy's words on what the Plantars did for him and Mrs. Boonchuy.

Edit: it was funny with how HopPop was imitating certain noises (we see where Sprig and Polly get their voice-imitating abilities from), and Anne being delusional was funny as well.

Last edited:

zoombie

Thai Feud

You would think in one of these episodes, King Andres robot would appear. But that is not the case. This episode shows how clingy Sprig can be. This could have been an emotional episode if they bought up his parents, especially his mom. Sprig does have some issues that could have explored.

Adventures In Catsitting

These Hop Pop driven episodes I always liked. So I don't it is that bad Learning to walk around the city, very relatable. I can't believe though Sprig stole someone's pet.

I do wish we got a Anne B plot, I wanted to see her trip to dentist. Could have had some funny stuff there.

One thing I do want to bring up, in both of these episodes we have this orange haired girl that keeps bumping into the Planters, we later learn her name is Emily. If she keeps bumping into them, only a matter of time till she finds out what they are, is she a spy, perhaps sent by the government or maybe even King Andres. Or the show just lazy with the extras?

jokerbeans2091

do you watch amphibia on disney channel or disneynow and do you know where to watch legally i don’t have cable anymore and i’m tired of waking up at 8am for new episodes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The first 5 episodes of Amphibia season 3 will be on Disney Plus on November 3.

StellaMagic

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-lines for November.

Saturday, Nov. 6

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Channel
Amphibia “Mr. X/Sprig’s Birthday”
(9:30-10:00 a.m. EDT)
“Mr. X” – Anne takes the Plantars to the movies, while the Boonchuys try to stop a government agent from finding them.
*RuPaul Charles (“RuPaul’s Drag Race”) guest stars as Mr. X, a government agent. Brian Sounalath (“Ryan’s Mystery Playdate”) and On Braly return as Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy, respectively.

“Sprig’s Birthday” – Anne tries to give Sprig a great Earth birthday.
TV-Y7

Saturday, Nov. 13

Amphibia “Spider-Sprig/Olivia & Yunan”
(9:30-10:00 a.m. EST)
“Spider-Sprig” – Determined to make his mark on Earth, Sprig becomes a superhero.

“Olivia & Yunan” – Back in Amphibia, Olivia and Yunan try to rescue Marcy.
TV-Y7

Saturday, Nov. 20

Amphibia “Hollywood Hop Pop/If You Give a Frog a Cookie”
“Hollywood Hop Pop” – Hop Pop tries to make it as an actor in Hollywood.

“If You Give a Frog a Cookie” – Anne trusts a questionable scientist who may have found a way to get them to Amphibia.
*Kate Micucci (Disney’s “DuckTales”) and Cree Summer (Disney Junior’s “Puppy Dog Pals”) guest star as Terri and Dr. Frakes, respectively.

Saturday, Nov. 27

Amphibia “Froggy Little Christmas”
Anne attempts to surprise her mom with a Thai Go float for the city Christmas parade while the Plantars struggle to understand the holiday. Meanwhile, King Andrias prepares a deadly surprise.
TV-Y7

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Log-lines for November.

Saturday, Nov. 6

Amphibia “Mr. X/Sprig’s Birthday”
(9:30-10:00 a.m. EDT)
“Mr. X” – Anne takes the Plantars to the movies, while the Boonchuys try to stop a government agent from finding them.

So is he going to use some Robot Masters to locate them?

“Spider-Sprig” – Determined to make his mark on Earth, Sprig becomes a superhero.

If somebody told you I was just your average ordinary frog, not a care in the world... somebody lied.

“Olivia & Yunan” – Back in Amphibia, Olivia and Yunan try to rescue Marcy.

I ship them, btw:-D.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I knew Olivia and Yunan weren't gonna stay with Andrias for too long - that's the best highlight from these premieres for me. Here's hoping they get away from that fiend with Marcy clean, 100%. They don't need to be helping him, honestly.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's a fun fact. Amanda Leighton (the English voice actress for Polly) was guided by Polly's Thai voice actress for when she speaks Thai in the episode "Temple Frogs". She's also the translator for the show's Thai dub.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
NOTE: This review was originally gonna be posted on last Saturday, but the forums has experiencing technical difficulties, so I decided to save it until the website gets fixed. Now, that the forums is backed up, here's my review.

I gotta say, today's episodes are SO much better than last week's episodes.

The first half was pretty good. Anne doing research at the museum about Amphibia makes for a very interesting story. There was this little pot that had Marcy's face on it, along with the box. I'm surprised that no one even pointed it out. The robot has returned, and he's not giving up without a fight. Dr. Jan is a pretty interesting character and she loves doing research on aliens. Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that Dr. Jan might take advantage of it and send it to the government. But I could be wrong, though.

Other than that, I'll give it a 7 out 10 stars. It's enjoyable. Plus, Anne is so relatable when she gets tired out.

As for the second half, I thought it was pretty interesting. It's really nice to see this episode dive into Thai culture, but in a fun way. Great to see The Planters are having fun. The robot is back with minions along the way, and it's really amazing to see all of the Thailand people stick together and fight back against the minions. I find it really touching that Ms Boonchy told Anne that the Thai people missed her when she was gone for the past couple of months, and the Thai people thanking The Planters for saving them. I thought it was pretty cute.

Nothing much else to say other than it's another enjoyable episode. A 7 out of 10 stars for me.

Can't wait to see what's next.

BlackoutCreature

So was I hearing things or did it sound like they played a few notes of the Gravity Falls theme when Dr. Jan took the black light to the pot and found the secret writing?

zoombie

Fight At The Museum

Well Anne is stressed out, it seems this might be the theme of the season. Every other episodes everyone telling Anne to chill out. But we have the frog terminator on own hands, we can't relax too much.

Anne has trust issues, and after everything that has happened, who can blame her. But you have to get back on the horse, and I am loving Dr. Jan.

Temple Frogs

Another fun episode, we learn more about Thai culture, and that is cool. We see what emotional ride that Anne's parent went through when she was missing, and it effected the whole community.

Anne and her excuses, those student reporters are in so much trouble.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The two girls guest starring in tomorrow's episode are Ally and Jess. They're respectively voiced by Melissa Villasenor (from OK KO and The Chicken Squad) and Dana Davis (from Motorcity and Craig Of The Creek).

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Hey guys. Here's my thoughts on today's episodes:

The first half featuring Polly wanted to fix Frobo was actually not that bad. It was certainly one of the better episodes featuring Polly in the entire series. Which is rich coming from me, who was not a fan of Polly all that much. The first six minutes of the episode was meh, in my opinion, only because the fact it was so played out and predictable. However, the last couple of minutes did make up for it and I actually do feel bad for Polly. Frobo sacrificed himself to protect Polly and she thought Frobo was dead again. Thankfully, Frobo was okay, despite not having a body.

Also, on a side note, the whole Youtube bit was pretty amusing and at least wasn't feel forced or dated, unlike other shows did that. I like the cat videos bit because with me, I binge watched cute cat videos non-stop for the past several months. I find that pretty relatable.

Finally, Anne mentioned about the "Why people like the prequels?" line. Is this was supposed to be a Star Wars potshot or it just me? We'll never know.

BTW, Anne's dad is also a gamer? Sure, why not?

With that, I'll give this episode a 7.5 out of 10 stars. It's a pretty good episode.

The second half on the other hand, holy crap, it was a great episode!

Anne was feeling guilty about not telling her parents about her departure since she wanted to protect The Planters from danger.

Then, the robot came back getting ready to kill Anne again, and a whole bunch of craziness ensues.

The best part of the episode for me was Ms Boonchuy herself. She ended up being my favorite character on the show right now. She really kicked ass in this episode. Not to mention, Anne is back with her Super Sayian powers again and give the robot the final blow.

Finally, I love the ending. It was so heartwarming. However, it ended on with the government wanted to tracking down Anne. How freaking wonderful.

Besides that, this episode does not disappoint me one bit. I'll give this episode a 9 out of 10 stars. It's amazing episode.

Can't wait to see the next one.

BlackoutCreature

You name an episode of a show set in LA after The Terminator and you don't give us a Spillway chase sequence? I'm not mad Amphibia, I'm just disappointed.

ShadowBeast

Fixing Frobo: Yeah.....Considering Polly's personality, I just can't see her learning about robotics, especially so quickly. It just doesn't fit with the character. Plus with her being impatient and willing to risk others getting hurt for her selfish behavior, it made the episode a bit hard to watch. The only saving grace was Polly learning her mistake in the end, but then you have her talking robotics with those two girls.

Anne-Sterminator: Now this was a great episode. The Frobo-Assassin is finally dealt with, and Anne's parents finally know about the situation. I mean seriously Anne, the Assassin was after you, so telling your parents from the beginning might've allowed you to stress a little less with one less secret from them. When the Assassin detected Frobo, I was expecting him to go after Frobo too. I loved Mrs. Boonechuy's parts in this. Typical cartoon mother on wanting their child to be a doctor. At least she didn't named you "Doctor" like Nicole Watterson's mother did. There's also that kid from the "Jumpstart" comic-strip that is named "Doctor". Mr Boonechuy seems to be the more understanding of Anne's parents as he wasn't mad about the lie as his wife was.

zoombie

Fixing Frobo

Well a emotional episode here. While I had said when the Planters encountered Frobo was kind of like the Iron Giant, you could say this is the secret episode. Between last week's episode and this week's, Polly is quick to pick on new language. She has prudential to be an intelligible prodigy if she focused enough.

I love these two new characters. We have Dr. Jan, and now Ally and Jess, we slowly picking up allies.

Anne - Sterminator

Is this the biggest episode of the season since the season opener? I think it might be. The Boonchuy's learn about the robot and his true mission, we see Anne's blue power up. It was awesome.

Mrs. Boonchuy stepped up here, No one is going to mess with her daughter on her watch. Though the FBI has been on to Anne from the beginning. I told you that Emily girl might be more than she seems. Anyway Mr. X, I wonder is he going to be the secondary antagonist or will he be helpful against the upcoming invasion. I guess we will wait and see.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts