banned toons in other countries

Lucky Bob

I'M BRIAN BLESSED
Here in Belgium, we usually get to see the uncut versions of cartoons. They have some great American cartoons over here, but they usually use them as fillers when nothing else is on. Most of them are subtitled, but if you buy them on video, tchances are they are dubbed. :mad:

For the record, BTW, I am as American as apple pie, I just happen to live here.

BlueAngelGal

C'mon and get in the boat!
Originally posted by Jason Furness
Late Nite Black and White was kinda good at showing uncut and "unsuitable" cartoons to us American CN viewers. One night, not too long ago, they had an hour almost entirely devoted to "Injun cartoons". They even showed a cartoon I never thought would ever show up on TV as long as TV still exsisted - a "Captain and the Kids" cartoon about hunting Pygmies. Pygmies!

Do they even show Late Night Black & White anymore? I haven't seen it in the lineup in a while :(.

Lucky Bob

I'M BRIAN BLESSED
Once over here, I saw a Tex Avery cartoon that I KNOW isn't shown in the States anymore. It involved an old black man, "Uncle Tom" spinning a tall tale to a whole bunch of black kids. At the end, one of them said "Uncle Tom, is that story true?" and Tom said "If dat story ain't true, may de lightnin' strike me dead!" Quite predictably, that happens. And then, one of the kids remarks, "You know, we lose more Uncle Toms that way!"

I'm not racist in any way, but I thought the wacky Tex Avery style of the cartoon was funny. Can anyone help me put a title to this cartoon? Thanks.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member

Ota, maybe you should make tapes of the Looney Tunes shows on the WB and sell copies of them. That way, we'd be able to see the Speedy cartoons in the United States. I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for those.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
Originally posted by BlueAngelGal

Do they even show Late Night Black & White anymore? I haven't seen it in the lineup in a while :(.

No, sorry. It has been removed from the schedule. :(

I'm not racist in any way, but I thought the wacky Tex Avery style of the cartoon was funny. Can anyone help me put a title to this cartoon? Thanks.

Uncle Tom's Cabana :)

ota

Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Ota, maybe you should make tapes of the Looney Tunes shows on the WB and sell copies of them. That way, we'd be able to see the Speedy cartoons in the United States. I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for those.

even if I taped the toons with the original sound in the SAP settings, the taping would be in Pal-M!!! That´s the system of broadcasting. Not Pal-N, but Pal-M!!! Not in NTSC. No one in US would be able to see it.

Ota

ota

Re: Reply

About the Speedy toons: it´s banned now in CN, but it was not banned a short whle ago. Maybe some dvd or tape is still available in the market. And lots of Laserdiscs and tapes now off-catalog showed some Speedys, so it´s not impossible to make a good Speedy collection.
Surely not all the Speedy were put in video or laserdisc, but who cares about those 1964 ones?

rodney

one lucky duck
Actually, I think even some of those were put on video. Check the Looney Tunes Video Show series.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member

I do. As, I mentioned before I read in reference guides about the cartoons in the later Daffy/Speedy series and some of them sounded like they might be worth viewing. And some Daffy/Speedy's I remember from Nicolodeon and the WB were pretty good.

Alex fandoms

North Korea is no surprise nicktoons Disney channels Cartoon Network and other animation network fell victim to Country tolls censorship of media

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts