"Be Cool Scooby Doo" News & Discussion Thread

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
I didn't see one, so I figured it was time to put one up.

In case you didn't see the first-released design of Scooby from the press release earlier in the year, here it is.

Be_Cool_logo.jpg

Now there's a new look at Scooby and the gang over here. Awful. they look more a boiled-down attempt at caricatures of the original designs than anything and it doesn't come off as good.

i'm not sure what to make of the show at this point, but this new look doesn't fill me with too much confidence.

Dudley

Staff member
I'm not too thrilled about the look, but I'm willing to watch an episode or two to see if it's entertaining.

MadMan400096

World War I Flying Ace
Someone I follow actually stated that the designs look like the lovechild of Seth MacFarlane and Tim Buckley. To be honest, Daphne looks exactly like something out of Family Guy. No wait, even Family Guy drew her better...
scooby-doo-gang-family-guy.jpg

I'll reserve judgement for when more info comes out, but for now, I'm not exactly psyched.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Gracious, the gang looks deranged. Look at their eyes! Other than that, I don't have much to say. Maybe when they release some footage, I'll be able to judge this show better.

Radical

Banned
I'll enjoy Be Cool Scooby-Doo! next to Wabbit on the fun enjoyable mystery-solving episodes:D.Both Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby's redesigns look awful though looking Seth MacFarlane-based even their eyes though, yikes.The new villains they'll bring out will be sweet and I hope they'll have no annoying horrible scumbag parents though.I hope Scooby will have another great new dog girlfriend after Nova.

Pac-Attack

Looks like Seth MacFarlane. Brickleberry, Johnny Test, and [insert other show here] had a baby............yeah.

ShadowBeast

I get a Butch Hartman-vibe from Scooby's design alone.It feels like I've seen that art-style before I just can't put my finger on it.

The Talon

So, we've gone from Young Justice to Teen Titans Go, and from Mystery Inc to....this.

I'm putting down $50 that CN greenlights a 2D, 11-minute comedy version of Green Lantern before the end of the year.

Dr.Pepper

It looks like an 11-year-old's attempt at drawing the characters Seth MacFarlane style. Blech.

Trombone77

Well... people wanted Scooby Doo to return to its roots. If people start complaining about the animation and art style like they do for The Tom and Jerry Show, I don't know if WB Animation can win.

DeanBurrito25

Yyyyyyyeah, those designs look preeetty bad. They look like they were unearthed from the deepest and darkest trenches of Brickleberry. I used to love Scooby Doo and its numerous incarnations growing up, but this is deplorable.

Unless the show's writing magically ends up being decent, count me out.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not liking the new designs either. They seem more like caricatures of the characters rather than the characters themselves, especially with the big eyes almost everyone has. I'll probably give the show a shot at least, but the designs aren't giving the show a good first impression for me.

Pac-Attack

The only non-original series I'm looking forward to is pretty much Wabbit.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
OK, those designs will definitely take some getting used to, but there are some things about the description that intrigue me: the "playful tone" the show will supposedly take could be fun, as long as it doesn't go the Teen Titans GO! route and make the characters mean-spirited jerkbags and kill, abuse and mutiliate them with the writers figuring it doesn't matter what they do since they can just hit the Reset button and restore everything back to normal by the next episode; the idea of the Mystery Machine getting upgraded with fancy gadgets sounds cool (this was also employed in the apparently infamous Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!) and I appreciate how there will be no shipping among the main characters this time around. I personally don't care about the relationships one way or the other, but based on the talkbacks for Scooby-Doo: Mystery, Inc. and elsewhere on the interwebz, ships among the gang is a very polarizing subject, so it's probably for the best that the Scooby gang remain just friends.

I may catch the first couple of episodes of this and see what I think; whether I watch this full time depends on my initial impressions.

Mister Mayhem

Banned
Compatriots,

designs look ugly as hell. maybe they'll look better in motion but i can't get past those creepy eyes.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Like what I said when I saw this on Tumblr, kill it with fire

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Oh my gosh. I am not exaggerating when I say that may be the worst poster for a cartoon I have seen in a year. It looks very ugly.

C'mon, CN. Why do you do this? This is definitely a show I don't plan to watch.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts