Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Moe

At the same time, though, here in Romania at least, most of the preschoolers are watching animated content on the tablets or phones alone very often. Their parents are used to not take that much care of what they watch
Most parents don't care nor supervise their kids while watch TV shows, even not in 1980s and 1990s. My mom let me watch MTV alone in 1989.

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
Most parents don't care nor supervise their kids while watch TV shows, even not in 1980s and 1990s. My mom let me watch MTV alone in 1989.
but now it's worse.

You've been dealing with this for over 6 months. I thought you moved on like I asked you to do.
this is why I said "I won't go further into the discussion"

ROToon Alt

Gosh, I'm jealous. The only old show I can watch is What's New Scooby-Doo on linear television. Tooncast Global would've been a good idea. They should've tried for a few years because I'm sure nostalgia brings in viewers. They just don't want to try risky stuff.
Be happy you got it :))

thetellyweb

TellyToon
It's about time a channel Boomerang UK and local Cartoon Network's offered a "classic" block such as the American one (albeit under the name Checkered Past), also possibly to revive the very very sad state of affairs also known as late night schedule.

But, EMEA, doesn't seem to care these days.

Given the fact TV is more and more watched by an older audience, they could only gain from that.
I think the separate Kids TV side-package* on Sky and Virgin are not helping the channels and preventing casual older viewers from watching them, I have an old legacy Virgin package which why I still have them, and will also keep TNT Sports. The package should've been scrapped with the closure of the Disney Channels. NOW had the right idea by having a singular Entertainment package, which BT TV uses.

Boomerang's purpose is now a mix of modern classic remakes and acquisitions, especially Lego.

* Kids Channels are included in the very top package in the newer package structure.

It's not like they never attempted at classics. They were just very weak. During the 2012 brand, they occasionally ran Top Cat, The Flintstones, Wacky Races and Dastardly & Muttley in the daytime, labelling the lineup as "Family Favourites". Then later again with Powerpuff Girls replacing the latter for the Dance Pantsed premiere. That was short-lived.

Last time they ran these old shows was post 2015 rebrand, where for about a month, you could watch Top Cat, Flintstones and Wacky Races every evening from 19:30. Then they just faded away.....

NOW used to have them available, but only the first 20 episodes from each, and even then they just went. Now your only options are hunting the DVDs or buying on Amazon Video/iTunes. (But even the newer content is handle poorly at times)

It would be nice to see that kind of block return but expanded with other classics, like the US channel has recently been doing with Yogi Bear, Popeye, etc. But that doesn't seem to be the UK's focus at this time.

Markus Nelis

It seems to me that advertisers simply aren't interested in classics. Unless it's Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes you've seen pop up sometimes. They bring in good numbers. Every channel's main focus is always to make it's advertisers happy to get their paycheck.

Cool_Cat

Of course in Italy they're doing a whole Barbie pop up channel in October...

How about a Scooby Doo one instead hey

Moe

Oh wow, I didn't realize about how bad was Boomerang in oversea market since Boomerang in the US has a lot of old shows.

Markus Nelis

Still...be happy with What's New Scooby-Doo,better than Be cool or Guess Who
At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinions. Good for you that you like What's New more. You can't really judge which show is better and which isn't because you don't like it. Like I said, everyone has their own taste. I personally think that Guess Who beats What's New easily. WNSD was decent at best.

I don't usually look at nostalgia to judge a quality of a show. I remember people outright hated WNSD when it aired. Everone likes it now due to the value of nostalgia.

ROToon Alt

At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinions. Good for you that you like What's New more. You can't really judge which show is better and which isn't because you don't like it. Like I said, everyone has their own taste. I personally think that Guess Who beats What's New easily. WNSD was decent at best.

I don't usually look at nostalgia to judge a quality of a show. I remember people outright hated WNSD when it aired. Everone likes it now due to the value of nostalgia.
:| ...it's not worth it

Daffyrocks

I personally found What's New Scooby-Doo boring when I was young and was watching it on CN CEE. Primarly because I enjoyed Scooby-Doo Show and Where Are You more. What's New had a slower pace than those two and that is why I barely enjoyed it.

Of course, with all what is airing at the moment, any older Scooby show is always welcome to break the ongoing monotony..

Markus Nelis

I personally found What's New Scooby-Doo boring when I was young and was watching it on CN CEE. Primarly because I enjoyed Scooby-Doo Show and Where Are You more. What's New had a slower pace than those two and that is why I barely enjoyed it.

Of course, with all what is airing at the moment, any older Scooby show is always welcome to break the ongoing monotony..
I didn't like WNSD as well. At times it was decent, mostly meh though. Guess Who is enjoyable and reminds me of Where Are You. Be Cool was pretty good too with it's funny writing even if art style turned a lot of people off. It sadly is one of those underrated Scooby series because of the FG-esque style. I don't mind Be Cool replacing What's New Scooby-Doo at some point.

Daffyrocks

I didn't like WNSD as well. At times it was decent, mostly meh though. Guess Who is enjoyable and reminds me of Where Are You. Be Cool was pretty good too with it's funny writing even if art style turned a lot of people off. It sadly is one of those underrated Scooby series because of the FG-esque style. I don't mind Be Cool replacing What's New Scooby-Doo at some point.
Again. Any other Scooby-Doo series is better than Be Cool. Or than Get a Clue.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts