Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Cat

Shoutouts to Boomerang Italy for using the original Wacky Races intro EVERY TIME they air the new series.

Why don't they hire me?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Shoutouts to Boomerang Italy for using the original Wacky Races intro EVERY TIME they air the new series.

Why don't they hire me?
They want to trick the viewer that the old Wacky Races series is about to start. Kind of like a clickbait only without the clicking.

zajgrg

Aww man, i missed the airing of The Man Called Flintstone on Friday. The only thing on Boomerang Cinema worth watching this month. I thought it would have a repeat airing but alas there was an 8-hour Mr Bean marathon yesterday and there is one today.
I am really interested will there be anything special for Christmas or will it be usual Alpha and Omega, TV specials of meh shows currently airing and that kind of stuff. I don't get my hopes up for a couple of years now but it is always nice to be pleasantly surprised.
Also what are the chances of the original Wacky Races airing before the start of the reboot? I should not even mention Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines and Perils of Penelope Pitsop because that would just be me being silly, wouldn't it? :D:D

zajgrg

Airing old films like those could repel the audience.

Maybe it's just me.
I mostly agree but I don't think that there is that big of an audience, and it most certainly cannot be repelled that easily by a single movie. Sure the movie is from '66 if i'm not mistaken and the animation is sub par at best by today's standards but that is the only thing that can repel the kids these days for me.

I don't really know about the other countries like Poland or Hungary that are served by Boom CEE but I can probably assume that it is not the most popular channel for younger kids at all. In a country like mine where Boom does not have a soundtrack in my language the viewership for the channel is literally in the hundreds. It may sound like a really small number and it may sound like i'm a bit exaggerating but it is most certainly the truth. Even the younger kids that know English enough to understand shows, and btw that number is growing as years go by with their early exposure to internet and such, they most certainly won't watch Boom, if they actually decide to watch TV at all these days :D.

ItsSunshine

Banned
I hope Wacky Races 2017 doesnt come to Boomerang CEE any soon... it would tottaly ruin the channel, even if it is already ruined.

ItsSunshine

Banned
Yeah but still, at least lets hope people are going to like it. I personally dont, probably because of its horrible art style.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Boomerang CEE Highlights for December 2017:

1. New series: Pat the Dog - Starts Saturday, the 2nd December at 8:45CET. New episodes every day until Thursday, the 21st December.
2. New episodes: Be Cool, Scooby Doo! - starts Thursday, the 7th December at 17:20CET. New episodes every weekday, until Friday, the 15th December.
3. New episodes: Bunnicula (Season 2 Premiere) - starts Monday, the 11th December at 16:55CET. New episodes every weekday, until Friday the 22th December.
4. New episodes: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - starts Monday, the 18th December at 19:10CET. New episodes every weekday, until Wednesday, the 3rd January.
5. At weekends and from the 23rd December to the 1st (or maybe 7th January) there will be airing from 10:00 to 16:00CET, Boomerang Cinema followed by Boomerang's Winter Treasure Chest (11:25) and repeat of Boomerang Cinema (14:30).
6. Continues with new episodes of Wacky Races (to the 7th December) and Miss Moon (to the 29th December).

Sources:
http://cnboompoland.blogspot.com/2017/11/zapowiedzi-programowe-kanau-boomerang.html and
http://programtv.naziemna.info/program/stacja/boomerang=2017-12-01

Last edited:

Copaci

A Cartoon and Logos Fan
Boomerang CEE Highlights for December 2017:

1. New series: Pat the Dog - Starts Saturday, the 2nd December at 8:45CET. New episodes every day until Thursday, the 21st December.
2. New episodes: Be Cool, Scooby Doo! - starts Thursday, the 7th December at 17:20CET. New episodes every weekday, until Friday, the 15th December.
3. New episodes: Bunnicula (Season 2 Premiere) - starts Monday, the 11th December at 16:55CET. New episodes every weekday, until Friday the 22th December.
4. New episodes: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - starts Monday, the 18th December at 19:10CET. New episodes every weekday, until Wednesday, the 3rd January.
5. At weekends and from the 23rd December to the 1st (or maybe 7th January) there will be airing from 10:00 to 16:00CET, Boomerang Cinema followed by Boomerang's Winter Treasure Chest (11:25) and repeat of Boomerang Cinema (14:30).
6. Continues with new episodes of Wacky Races (to the 7th December) and Miss Moon (to the 29th December).

Sources:
http://cnboompoland.blogspot.com/2017/11/zapowiedzi-programowe-kanau-boomerang.html and
http://programtv.naziemna.info/program/stacja/boomerang=2017-12-01
Also, Inspector Gadget will be gone. And My Knight and Me will do the same after Christmas. But, at least they finally premiere a new show after being postponed in August. And they decided to do a better treat than initially planed before postponing.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Also, Inspector Gadget will be gone. And My Knight and Me will do the same after Christmas. But, at least they finally premiere a new show after being postponed in August. And they decided to do a better treat than initially planed before postponing.

Also forgot to notice, but original T&J Theatricals and Scooby Doo, Where are you? will be also gone during the Christmas Term, so the only classic show which remains in the schedule will be The Flintstones.

BTW: Did I mention that 116 episodes from 140 of the Flintstones (S1-5) were dubbed in the Netherlands and Russia? Because I count the total number of all dubbed and airing eps from post-October 2013 batch.

Last edited:

zajgrg

Very bad news indeed.
I keep wondering why I come back to this channel and why I hope that it will turn out for the better when i'm fully aware of the fact that it is not anymore a classic cartoons channel.

But those little things like Flintstones at 11 frickin PM and T&J theatricals and Scooby Doo Where Are You at the time when i'm tired and sleeping or busy give me hope that it will become better in the future when it most certainly won't.

Hey but at least there are Be Cool Scooby Doo, Bunnicula and Wabbit (oooh excuse me, New Looney Tunes :p:D).

ItsSunshine

Banned
I hope they are not removing Inspector Gadget or My Knight And Me in the favour of Wacky Races... lets hope its temporary.
Also, what happened to The Wizard Of Oz?

Copaci

A Cartoon and Logos Fan
I hope they are not removing Inspector Gadget or My Knight And Me in the favour of Wacky Races... lets hope its temporary.
Also, what happened to The Wizard Of Oz?
But, until Christmas, they only reduced My Knight and Me to ONE weekday slot due to Pat the Dog. Also, you should know that Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz will still air in December.

ItsSunshine

Banned
In December??? I am pretty sure my eyes dont lie to me. I can swear to God I saw a few episodes one or two weeks ago. Or were they shorts? They still looked like entire episodes to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Fone Bone's profile needs to get a restore, like how it happened to IlPuyoPuyotchi.
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts