Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Santana434

schedule changes starting next week (february 12):

CN shows are GONE (except on holidays) from the regular schedule. replaced by yogi's gang and captain planet. I guess CN shows are ratings toxin on this channel.

weekdays:
  • 6am: looney tunes
  • 7am: pup named scooby x2
  • 8:00a baby looney tunes
  • 8:30a tom and jerry kids
  • 9:00a flintstones kids
  • 9:30a yo yogi
  • 10:00a yogi bear
  • 10:30a flintstones x2
  • 11:30a jetsons x2
  • 12:30p popeye
  • 1pm scooby doo 69 x2
  • 2pm whats new scooby x2
  • 3pm looney tunes
  • 4pm looney tunes show x2
  • 5pm tom and jerry
  • 6:00p top cat (YEEEEAAAHHH)
  • 6:30p yogi's treasure hunt
  • 7p-12a: repeat of 10a-3p
  • friday night change: jonny quest at 2a followed by captain planet at 4a
weekends:
  • 6am: looney tunes show x4
  • 8am: pup named scooby x2
  • 9am: scooby and scrappy x2
  • 10am: new scooby movies
  • 11am: tom and jerry tales x2
  • 12pm: tom and jerry show
  • 1pm: looney tunes
  • 2:30p new looney tunes
  • 3pm: wacky races
  • 4:00p wally gator
  • 4:30p jabberjaw
  • 5pm: new scooby mysteries x2
  • 6pm: scooby doo and guess who?
  • 7pm: tom and jerry show
  • 8pm: looney tunes
  • 9pm: taz-mania x2
  • 10:00p TBA
  • 10:30p jetsons
  • 11pm: popeye
  • 12am: scooby mystery inc
  • 1am: be cool scooby doo
  • 2am: TBA
  • 3am: wacky races
  • 4am: yogi's gang
  • 5am: captain planet
Welp, goodbye CN classics on boomerang. It seems like Boomerang will just be like the early 2000s again, with basically just HB/WB related shows. I hope these CN classics will came on checkered past soon. Especially with HBO max removing a lot of those shows.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I believe I read that the Cartoon Network shows don't do as well on Boomerang as the classics, so it makes sense that they're being removed. I do hope they can either make it to Checkered Past and/or stay/be added to streaming, however.

josie

The schedule is changing so much, it's hard to catch up these days. But that's good, someone is actually working and planning thigs over there, including all the special stunts and holidays.

From what I saw on Dave's Twitters, Flintstone Frolics will air in the future.

Moe

CN shows are GONE (except on holidays) from the regular schedule. replaced by yogi's gang and captain planet. I guess CN shows are ratings toxin on this channel.
I do think WBD may want to save CN shows for Checkered Past, so any shows cannot air on CN, AS or Boomerang at same time.

harry580

so, cartoon network is now cartoon cartoons home while boomerang is now hanna barbara home, I see it returning it to pre 2008

blue the trolling

According to Jason the Cartoon Fan, Duck Dodgers is set to return on February 19, 2024 (causing The Flintstones to bumped up by one hour and replacing Wally Gator and Galaxy Goof Ups).

Hearing that your request got accepted and Space Race did air, could you ask him to add even more movies to Boomerang Theater's lineup? There are a lot of rare movies that I remember Boomerang showing 10-15 years ago that haven't been seen often in recent years (Alice in Wonderland (1966), Jack and the Beanstalk (1967), Cyrano (1974), Banana Splits in Hocus Pocus Park, The Flintstones Specials (Wind Up Wilma, Little Big League etc.), The Famous Classic Tales Specials, Scooby-Doo! in Arabian Nights (sorry Wiley207), the Johnny Quest movies, the Timeless Tales Specials etc.). If he can't fulfil all of my requests, that's fine, i'll understand (Sorry if I seem pushy to you, i'm new here).
maybe I can ask him for the flintstones specials and scooby doo and arabian nights
and about yogi space race I asked him for Galaxy Goof-Ups and he accepted my request

TsWade2

It looks like I won’t be able to see seasons 3, 4, and 5 of Tom and Jerry Show 2014 anymore or maybe it’s just me. I know they’re on a Boomerang streaming service, but I already have two streaming services and I can’t afford to have another one.

Santana434

Well, the schedule is mostly the same. But Duck Dodgers is joining at 10pm timeslot on weekends Starting on March 9th.

Santana434

I feel like ever since 2023 their schedule became good again.
Yeah, the schedule has starting to improved since last summer, and they kept adding more and more classic shows as the months went on. Cartoon Network on the other hand, the channel did get a little better but still pretty mid so far. But look on the bright side, at least regular show, adventure time and Steven universe are back airing on CN regularly.

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently a new show (most likely a Hanna-Barbera one) coming to Boomerang on April 1st!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts