Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Santana434

Uhm, I don't like losing a variety of shows and return to multiple hour showings of Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes. Hope it's not a sign of a return the horrible, pre-Dave, era.
To be fair, while the new scheduling is a slight downgrade of the previous more robust schedule of the channel because of a few shows being removed . I seen worse, i mean at least it isn’t just Tom and Jerry/LT all day long. Because at least a good chunk of shows like Flinstones, Jetsons, Wacky Races, still airing even if the timeslots for them aren’t that great, but compared to CN shows that rerun during the rebrand of boomerang, at least boomerang seemed to be treating HB cartoons well so far compared to what boomerang did to CN shows to which they aired nothing but crappy timeslot. plus duck dodgers did moved to a much better timeslot. And plus thundarr the barbarian and Flinstones frolics just joined. So it is a bit too early to judge, if the channel will go back to just being Tom and Jerry and LT which I kinda highly doubt it, especially since CN’s schedule did improved a bit recently.

Toons Fan

Starting on April 23rd Boomerang is going back to showing a lot of Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo again. Lots of shows are leaving.

blue the trolling

Starting on April 23rd Boomerang is going back to showing a lot of Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo again. Lots of shows are leaving.
I mean
they still have yogi bear the flintstones the jetsons and wacky races
and we don’t know what is the 4:00pm 10:30pm and 8:30pm-11:00pm on weekends yet

Santana434

Schedule Update: It looks like two yogi spin-offs, Yo Yogi and Yogi’s treasure hunt is here to stay, according to May 6 schedule on TVinsider.

Attachments

• 399F6E56-7C7A-49AD-A2E2-2668B297DEFA.jpeg
    399F6E56-7C7A-49AD-A2E2-2668B297DEFA.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 46

wiley207

Airing all those action shows on boomerang right now, sorta of reminds me the days of boomeraction, it kidna make me wish that block would come back . But at this point, it probably won’t
Yeah. Before those came back, the only action shows airing on Boomerang were "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" and "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated".

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
so the action shows will be thundarr, jonny quest and captain planet
Captain Planet is leaving after this weekend. It is being replaced by Thundarr. Jonny Quest enters the 80s season the same week Thundarr returns.

One of the most notable changes here is that the late night blocks, which were initially were a 2-4 am marathon of one show and then 4-6 am marathon of another show, are now being discontinued. They had already been shrunken down to 2-3:30 and 3:30-5:00 in recent weeks, so this isn’t too much of a surprise. Since these slots were in constant rotation every day of the week, that required too much maintenance to stay post Byer.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
The schedule has been a mess for the past week. It is impossible to tell what will be on even as it is airing. For some reason they just never bothered to send out finalized schedules, so there are many full hour blocks listed which aren’t actually a full hour. For example Flintstones Frolics was listed in a full hour timeslot on the schedule guide, which makes sense because it originally aired in a 60-90 minute timeslot. However it actually turns out to be 30 minutes, with a classic Flintstones airing in the second half of the hour.

You have to look at schedules in May and extrapolate backwards to try to get any idea of what is actually airing on Boomerang. Anyone looking at the April schedules would think Taz-Mania is staying but the Yogi spinoffs aren’t. In actuality, it’s the reverse, with Yogi spinoffs airing on weekday afternoons while the guide shows a half hour Looney Tunes Show episode airing for a full hour. They also still showed Duck Dodgers airing in its old timeslot, but it was actually replaced at 10 pm by Jetsons. I’m sure there are countless other errors I have not even noticed, it is just every time I turn on the channel or play something on the DVR, it is not accurate.

josie

Well I guess that's it for Boom. Dave's short tenure was a symbolic, last return to what Boomerang's glory days and now, once again, we have that endless loop of T&J, Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo, with a few random cartoons thrown in the mix. With the news of that new channel launching, the disappearance of classics that aired for the last few months makes sense. They are all migrating to this new channel plus pretty much everything else that ever aired on Boom.

You do have to wonder what's the point of Boomerang now?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts