C&C - Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead Talkback Thread [3/30-TBA]

Nobodyman

And Kencho solves this problem the same way he solves every problem: By getting nude!

Oh. Punching it in the nose did work.

"I'm done working with big groups like that?"
...Is three small enough for ya?

Oh well. She'll join up with them by the end of the season.

Ha! She's attracted.

Phone number acquired!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You just punched a zombie shark. With legs.

"Seeing as well most likely never meet again..."
Yeah, you're in the opening credits. You'll definitely be back.

*sees the preview*
I thought we'd established they were leaving Tokyo.

Last edited:

animePWNS

1955-2024
Tonight's list updates:
35. Remember my childhood dream (Added last week)
36. Become a superhero (Added tonight)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The creator definitely had fun thinking of zombie variants. Of course, zombies of track athletes would be fast and agile. But man, dead aquarium workers in scuba gear that zombify inside a Great White Shark that ate them? That takes the cake.

Buzzkill much? She's great at parties.

Well, Akira is rubbing off on her taking a risk. heh heh. Yeah, they're gonna run into each other again. Kencho's nudity came in handy this week, lol.

Ooo, was wondering how long this would stay in Tokyo. Kyoto or Osaka are obvious guesses where they head to after Gunma. Hmm.

So it's probably going to turn out Akira's parents are zombies, right?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
This is a fun and ridiculous episode where the zombie shark was particularly memorable. I am hoping that Toonami can get more seinen series as there are some fun titles and not all seinen are slow drama anime. With Crunchyroll blocking most shonen, more Zom 100 type shows would be welcome. This show has been a breath of fresh air for the block.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I wonder if the continual male nudity of the secondary lead is turning off some of the Toonami audience. I brought it up to a friend and he said “i think i saw a glimpse of that show and there was a naked guy on it for a long period pf time”. Even female fanservice is usually pretty mild in Toonami anime, and male fanservice is practically unheard of. I’m sure it’s supposed to be funny, since the guy is a comedian, but it comes across as kinda awkward that he randomly decides to get naked in front of a girl in order to… distract a shark zombie? Can zombies even process that you’re naked? The humans inside probably can’t even see, since only their legs are sticking out.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if the continual male nudity of the secondary lead is turning off some of the Toonami audience. I brought it up to a friend and he said “i think i saw a glimpse of that show and there was a naked guy on it for a long period pf time”.

Didn't Demarco say the majority of Toonami viewers are female. I would think Kencho would be a turn on rather than a turn off for heterosexual/bisexual female viewers. For those hoping for female fanservice, that's coming...well we'll have to wait because of stupid Ninja Kamui marathons. I think it's okay to has some beefcake fanservice to balance out all the cheesecake in shonen and seinen.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I found a tweet from a couple months back where Demarco says they don’t air shojo because the network doesn’t consider the female demographic viable.
I think in school I remember anime on cn to be roughly equally popular with boys and girls, maybe skewing slightly female overall? However it seems like various attempts at outreach to girls over the years didn’t last long. Miguzi on weekdays lasted about half as long as Toonami, and in its later half it aired mostly boy skewing shows like Ben 10, Pokémon, and Yugioh GX. 4kidstv’s period of airing girls shows only lasted a year or two.

Possibly attempts to air shows targeting girls felt pandery to them and they’d rather appreciate Itachi or Sesshomaru than Bratz? i can’t imagine Kencho ranking very high on the bishonen hall of fame though. Not brooding and mysterious enough, lol.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
However it seems like various attempts at outreach to girls over the years didn’t last long.

DVD and later streaming seems to be the place where shojo thrive as some titles like Ouran and Fruits Basket are a big hit. I think the fact that the Zom 100 talkback here is an all male affair probably says a lot about who's watching these shows. Demarco's 60% female claim was made in the mid-late 2010s, so it's probably way out of date.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think the fact that the Zom 100 talkback here is an all male affair probably says a lot about who's watching these shows. Demarco's 60% female claim was made in the mid-late 2010s, so it's probably way out of date.
We're all dudes here? Huhn. But y'know, it's 50:50 the reason is the show or us that keeps the female users away from the talkback. :p

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
But y'know, it's 50:50 the reason is the show or us that keeps the female users away from the talkback.

Considering what I see on 4chan's discussion of Zom 100, it is no wonder online discussion is the way it is in terms of demographics. There, it's very little discussion about the show and all about whining about when the sexy blonde samurai from the opening is going to appear. There's an actual plot to this show and that's worth sticking around for too.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
That’s just online message boards though. 4chan is probably well over 90% male. This site isn’t over the top misogynistic like 4chan, but has still always had more male users than females.

When ARE more characters being introduced though? This isn’t a particularly long show, but there are characters the OP implies to be main who haven’t even shown up yet… I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see some of them until the last month of episodes.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
That’s just online message boards though. 4chan is probably well over 90% male. This site isn’t over the top misogynistic like 4chan, but has still always had more male users than females.

When ARE more characters being introduced though? This isn’t a particularly long show, but there are characters the OP implies to be main who haven’t even shown up yet… I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see some of them until the last month of episodes.

Yes, I am very thankful this board isn't like 4chan, which paints a very bad impression of the anime fandom. I can answer your question in the spoiler tag:

Blonde samurai appears in episode nine. Her delay will be even longer because of the stupid Ninja Kamui marathon. Yes, she's sexy, but there are reasons beyond sex appeal that make her endearing and the marathons delaying her Toonami debut suck.

Nobodyman

1714848857850.jpeg

Episode 6
"RV of the Dead"
5/4 at 12:30 AM

1714848862965.png

Opening: Song of the Dead by KANA-BOON
Ending: Happiness of the Dead by Shiyui

Synopsis: Akira bids farewell to Tokyo and starts the journey back to his hometown, Gunma. But first, he stops by a showroom in Saitama to get an RV. There he is reunited with Shizuka. Akira tries to convince her to join up with him.

NOTE: After tonight, Zom 100 will be on a three-week break, but will return on June 1st with episode 7.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I hope this is a good episode… the show has been struggling in ratings, and we have a month before the next episode airs, so it had better have a good cliffhanger to keep viewers interested for such a long break.

Nobodyman

Previously on Zom 100: Jaws 5: The Re-revengening

A Rolex. Because you're not buying a watch, you're buying status.

"It may be time we start taking this zombie thing seriously."
Gee, ya think?!

animePWNS

1955-2024
Last time: A shark with legs. When did Junji Ito get his Gyo in this anime?

In a world of walking dead, does gold have any value?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.
Greg Johnson currently writing on Spidey And His Amazing Friends makes me wonder why he didn't write for a Spiderman cartoon sooner given his experiences with Marvel.
I have YouTube TV instead of cable. Does that mean I won't get Me TV Toons?
I think Sailor Moon's Viz Redub should air on Me TV Toons. It's iconic and mega nostalgic, it has a huge fanbase and Arthur showed gay people are okay even on kids tv so it should be no problem.

Featured Posts