Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Francisque

... plus, it's not the end of the world, the worst problems they have (supposed it's a problem; actually it's a strategy, Cartoonito is a more family-oriented channel), and I doubt Daffyrocks is watching the channel anyway or is part of the intended audience

I will remind you all there's no Boomerang in most EMEA countries, so they have to balance things out

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
the Cartoonito strategy in EMEA is wrong one. End of story.

It needs to follow the direction of its initial creation in the USA

RegularCapital

Staff member
and more importantly:
Why are Tom and Jerry, Mr. Bean, Grizzy and The Lemmings and Mighty Mike considered preschool-aimed shows in EMEA, when it's clear that they are not??!! XDDD

They're not, Cartoonito in countries where Boomerang no longer exists have a widened demographic, which why they're still on Boomerang where the channel is available. There was a big push for pre-school programming from the U.S. hence the change, and now it's an opportunity for European studios to make shows for Cartoonito, I have been to an animation conference this week and I will explain more later.

Also, this has been mentioned many times before, and you will need to calm down, or you will be heading towards a formal warning.

IT'S A FAMILY CHANNEL! I've had enough of you. I won't repeat myself anymore because you clearly don't get what the purpose of Cartoonito in EMEA is.

Markus, next time you start being abusive, I will have no choice to definitely give you a formal warning and if you carry on with your behaviour after that you will be suspended, and if it persists, you will be banned. I don't like to punish anyone, but this is an important opportunity and turning point to reform yourself and your actions.

Daffyrocks

They're not, Cartoonito in countries where Boomerang no longer exists have a widened demographic, which why they're still on Boomerang where the channel is available. There was a big push for pre-school programming from the U.S. hence the change, and now it's an opportunity for European studios to make shows for Cartoonito, I have been to an animation conference this week and I will explain more later.

Also, this has been mentioned many times before, and you will need to calm down, or you will be heading towards a formal warning.

Markus, next time you start being abusive, I will have no choice to definitely give you a formal warning and if you carry on with your behaviour after that you will be suspended, and if it persists, you will be banned. I don't like to punish anyone, but this is an important opportunity and turning point to reform yourself and your actions.
so you're giving me a warning, not because of sharing a simle opinion (which everybody is entitled to), but because I keep spamming it?

Daffyrocks

well, come to think of it, at least. If I keep expressing myself this way here on the forums, someone out there who works at the EMEA programming team of CN / Cartoonito will look around. And if that someone keeps seeing us arguing to no end, they may do something about it..

I'm sorry if you feel like I was abusive even though I personally think I wasn't but please, other people have been like this as well. Say this to him as well. I don't like how I'm suddenly a bad guy here. Also just because I use Caps lock, I'm actually calm. He doesn't get why Cartoonito keeps airing Boomerang shows.

Francisque

the Cartoonito strategy in EMEA is wrong one. End of story.

It needs to follow the direction of its initial creation in the USA
They have the same name, they don't have to follow the same strategy ;)
It's not a set in stone thing either

Businesses will do whatever it's better for them: again, is that a problem?

Let's move to something else :) ; and yeah, I agree with @RegularCapital, let's not argue about relatively silly stuff
well, come to think of it, at least. If I keep expressing myself this way here on the forums, someone out there who works at the EMEA programming team of CN / Cartoonito will look around. And if that someone keeps seeing us arguing to no end, they may do something about it..
But why they should change?

It's clearly somehow working for them to have Cartoonito with a wider demographic, so they can keep some of the older Boomerang audience
Certain type of content wouldn't work on a more crowded CN

At the end of the day, it's not either the end of the world , again, something to be taken for granted Cartoonito is a purely preschooler brand or something we might change by just complaining all the time

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Here's all my notes regarding Cartoon Network and Cartoonito during the Commissioners panel at Get Animated 24:

- TV channel and streaming brands include Cartoon Network, Cartoonito and Max, 20 different languages in EMEA - Cartoonito is for ages 2 to 6, but emphasis on ages 4-6, looking for loveable (but also sometime fallible) characters that learn from their mistakes.

- Cartoon Network, for ages 6 to 12 years old (ages 7-9 are the channel's core audience).

- Clips from The Amazing World of Gumball and the new show Hero Inside were shown.

- WBD has a small acquisition and co-production team, they receive loads of show pitches, either via online video services such as Zoom and also in office meetings in both at their EMEA HQ on Old Street in London and also in Paris (Neuilly-sur-Seine).

- WBD will get on-board in the co-production at an early stage, they're happy to see the development of a show earlier in the process, they don't mind seeing WIP (Work In Progress) art, or art revisions, but there is a reasonable limit of support due to other pitches that also need help. Also they will offer some financial support if approved.

- Submit your pitches or ask for help via email to emeakids&familysubmissions[at]wbd[dot]com or zia[dot]sands[at]wbd[dot]com. I have formatted the email address that way to prevent spam.

- Younger children are conscious about the environment. Looking for anything with Magic, Monsters, and Horror for kids.

- In comparison to Cartoonito's main pay-TV rival Nick Jr, Cartoonito is less toyetic than Nick Jr in terms of its programming.

I also spoke to Zia about if the Discovery takeover has changed anything on how EMEA operates, she said it hasn't. I also mentioned the Gumball Movie to see if she knew anything about it, she said the best people to talk to are the channel or the studio, but you should hear something soon.

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Here's all my notes regarding Cartoon Network and Cartoonito during the Commissioners panel at Get Animated 24:

- TV channel and streaming brands include Cartoon Network, Cartoonito and Max, 20 different languages in EMEA - Cartoonito is for ages 2 to 6, but emphasis on ages 4-6, looking for loveable (but also sometime fallible) characters that learn from their mistakes.
Hmmm. Mr. Bean learning from his mistakes? Probably, but clearly not always. Tom, Jerry, Grizzy, or the Lemmings learning from their mistakes? DEFINETLY NOT

RegularCapital

Staff member
Hmmm. Mr. Bean learning from his mistakes? Probably, but clearly not always. Tom, Jerry, Grizzy, or the Lemmings learning from their mistakes? DEFINETLY NOT
Keeping in mind, this presentation had a slight bit of a UK and Ireland-bias as they were looking for pre-school programming, I don't think most people in the audience would know how Cartoonito operates in the rest of Europe.

BlooMac

I highly doubt someone from the EMEA team would be wandering around on ToonZone for opinions. No one from their target audience is here, so we're irrelevant to them.

Moleoman

CN Nordic continuity from August 2002:
Includes:
- Scooby-Doo movies promo (the intro animation of the promo was also featured on CN PL/CEE/RSEE Check It announcement trailer)
- "Cubix" premiere promos
- Another of Summer 2002 idents (similiar to the ones introduced with Casillas look), this time featuring Tom and Jerry (f.e. at 4:17)
- "Spaced Out" premiere promos (at 4:43)
- "Mojo Network" promos (while on CN CEE it was a two day marathon event in October, in CN Nordic it was a Summer Weekend morning block). (at 8:37)
- ""The Powerpuff 60" bumpers - at least a promo based on the setting of the bumpers aired on CN CEE in years 2002-2003. I remember that it featured a long pan up of a "hotel" showcasing the floors where lived (in the following order), Mike Brikowski (not 100% sure, the only thing I can confirm the character was watching TV on an armchair), Fuzzy Lumpkins, Mojo Jojo, Him and Princess Morbucks with the latter four saying their combined monologue from "Meet the Beat Alls" (starting from Fuzzy shouting "them durned Powerpuffs in my noodle! And they make me so mad I wanna...") and after Morbucks said her portion of the line she flew away from the building).

J10

A deal from Canal+ has been done with WBD, as the channels will be restored, beside launching Max on the platform.

Under this agreement, subscribers to CANAL+ Ciné-Séries, Friends & Family, Intégrale et Rat+ Ciné-Séries offers will also be able to access 10 Warner Bros. thematic channels. Discovery (Discovery Channel, Warner TV, Warner TV Next, CNN, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, TLC, ID and TCM Cinema).

ballwa44

I highly doubt someone from the EMEA team would be wandering around on ToonZone for opinions. No one from their target audience is here, so we're irrelevant to them.
I wouldn't disregard that possibility completely.

In 2017 when we were discussing CN CEE testing out Czech audio on the English audio track, they almost immediately stopped after we started sharing videos here, despite the testing going on for at least 2 days beforehand, if I recall correctly. I'm not claiming that this is proof that they saw our posts discussing the situation, but it was surely an interesting coincidence if nothing else.

(Though if I recall correctly we even discussed the possiblity of this back in the day, and it seems quite unlikely, as you've said, we're not really in the target demographic.)

BloggerHU

Sneak peeks, sneak peeks, sneak peeks, sneak peeks....
At least not leaks. :p Everybody should know that will be the new trend when Max launches in the region. Max will release the new episodes of current series parallel with the tv premieres. Sometimes before, other times on the same day, but Max's strategy to reduce the gap between streaming premieres and tv premieres.

When Max releases new episodes first before CN airings, it's not even leaking like some people claim. This content is available on the official streaming service where shows can be supported by watching them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts