Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Moleoman

More Cartoon Network Nordic continuities - this time from December 2004, including bumpers of Boomerang block at 38:09, still with 2000 Boomerang logo with its look mostly based on the Italian feed's first one from 2003-2005:

Ati

Another Cartoon Network Nordic (Danish) continuities from December 2000 including some bumpers for Superchunk and interestingly a Powerhouse next bumper for "Dial M for Monkey"

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Adventure Time and Regular Show are really gone now. Watched some CN last night after a little while due to my trip. Ivandoe and Gumball replaced these two shows.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
For the first time in three years, Gumball is entering the daytime of CN GAS again. It's airing in July from 11:00-13:25 CET, as a part of a marathon.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Meanwhile, I've always been more amazed at how these Pastel idents have a pledhora of clips of diverse animated shows, from the old to the early 2010s to the mid 2010s to the current ones, while the actual schedule isn't basically what these bumpers promise.

I mean, it's been readjusted since recent months in terms of programming, but they were always misleading on the idents on what shows they actually have in the rotation, like if they wanna tease us on purpose :D

It's the case for CN USA, but the LA feeds aren't far

Reactions: J10

Underleón

Meanwhile, I've always been more amazed at how these Pastel idents have a pledhora of clips of diverse animated shows, from the old to the early 2010s to the mid 2010s to the current ones, while the actual schedule isn't basically what these bumpers promise.

I mean, it's been readjusted since recent months in terms of programming, but they were always misleading on the idents on what shows they actually have in the rotation, like if they wanna tease us on purpose :D

It's the case for CN USA, but the LA feeds aren't far

Yeah, CN LA's own pastel bumps are also pretty diverse and even include clips from "purged" shows like OK KO

nSDGhNi.jpeg

Francisque

Apparently mentioning timeslots doesn't make sense for some feeds though.
I don't understand why

Surely if you don't mention the timeslots you're going to have less people watching it and automatically less advertisers pumping money into that time slot?

I understand TV linear viewing is much lower and less important than in the past, but still?

This is one of the forced "streaming approaches" I don't like: e.g. assuming everyone must know where to find stuff, or given that stuff is overrepeated in general, it's just supposed to be "there"
I can also think of the (failed, IMO) rebranding of the All4 streaming service to Channel 4 in the UK, only adding a layer of confusing between the channel and the streaming service, since there are obviously things that can be found on streaming and not on linear and viceversa

But then, I also hope CN UK stops once these all for month-long stunts such as Teen Titans Go! played non-stop 6:00-21:00

Apparently mentioning timeslots doesn't make sense for some feeds though.
BTW, in the case it wasn't clear enough (in general), I was obviously referring to the addition of Max at the end of the promos :)

Reactions: J10

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
CN CEE handover to TCM from 27 January 2005. (Just a note why it is from 2005 and not 2004: the "Tonight on TCM" part is always useful for finding dates.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.

Featured Posts