Courage the dog

batboy2001

Spider Jerusalem
What do you think of this show? To me I don't really get it, at times it can be funny ie the crazy English guy (no offense to our UK friends) with the fish. Is this a popular show? Somtimes I don't know why CN makes some of theses shows.

Matthew Hunter

Super Genius
Courage is the most watchable show on there, but I'll agree it has run out of steam lately. I'll attempt to explain it to you:

A little dog, courage, has to protect his owners, (Muriel and Eustace) from weird paranormal or ordinary dangers that befall them on their farm in the middle of the town of Nowhere (get it, middle of nowhere)? It can prove quite sophisticated, as it is not always the villain or dangerous hazard that starts the trouble, often it is the mean and greedy Farmer Eustace, who often ends up getting his in the end, only to be just fine in the next episode and up to his old tricks again. I enjoy this show more than the others, in fact it's the only cartoon cartoon I watch, really.
-Matthew

CookieS

Freaky

I personally think Courage is a great show. The enemies in it are actually scary (no stupid guy in a mask, huh Scooby?). I personally like that one guy that made a rhyme out of the whole show and kept saying "naughty". LOL. It was both freaky and funny.

Also, I can't even count all the times Muriel has been possessed by something. Christ, its like the excorist weekly. I like the show because it is its own niche. Nothing is like it.

BourgeoisBuffoon

Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?
It has its good points, I'll admit, and the writing is clever. Courage is ironically the least interesting char on the show to me...the owners are by FAR the best part...loved the eppy where the new pet duck is obsessed with worshipping the old man! :D

Hm....a cowardly dog that saves the day all the time. A parody of Scooby, perhaps (one that's more fun than the original...how pitiful;))?

Vin

Hi!
Originally posted by Matthew Hunter
Courage is the most watchable show on there, but I'll agree it has run out of steam lately. I'll attempt to explain it to you:

A little dog, courage, has to protect his owners, (Muriel and Eustace) from weird paranormal or ordinary dangers that befall them on their farm in the middle of the town of Nowhere (get it, middle of nowhere)? It can prove quite sophisticated, as it is not always the villain or dangerous hazard that starts the trouble, often it is the mean and greedy Farmer Eustace, who often ends up getting his in the end, only to be just fine in the next episode and up to his old tricks again. I enjoy this show more than the others, in fact it's the only cartoon cartoon I watch, really.
-Matthew

I think it's time for the show to end or for the writers to take the show in a new direction. It seems like the same old routine over and over. t was great at first, but now it has become quite tiresome.

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
This is one I keep meaning to watch, but never remember to. Actually, the descriptions here make me more inclined to catch it.

Nftnat

professor/historian/chronicler
I just don't get it, & I never have. I didn't get why it was more popular than Mike Lu & Og. Like I said, everyone to their own taste.

CookieS

Well Courage is probably more popular here compared to Mike, Lu, and Og in the US, but "M,L,&O" makes big ratings in Latin America and South America. Its up there with Dexter and the PPG over there. That is one of the reasons it will be getting another season.....and so is Courage.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
Hmm. I think I've heard that ML&O does well in the UK too, though I dunno if that was true or not.

They must have it dubbed for Latin and South America, right? I wonder if the different voice talents make a difference. Or it could just be a culture thing.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
I started out liking "Courage", but as time wore on, I saw just how one-note the show really is: Something threatens Muriel and Eustace, Courage saves them. Though there have been some gems, like "The Queen of the Black Puddle" and "Robot Randy" (though the Chris Walken impression seems forced). And am I the only one who finds Eustace repugnant? There's another one I like, but I forgot the title; perhaps the best episode ever, it features a goose god smitten with Muriel.

Nftnat

professor/historian/chronicler
That would be The Goose Gods Must Be Crazy, I think. I really don't pay that much attention to the series, including the titles; but I did catch that one & it made an impression on me obviously. As to Eustace, I'm reminded of something from C.S. Lewis' The Silver Chair (from the Chronicles of Narnia, natch).

"He says his name's Eustace."
"Useless? Well, I dare say he is..."

HellCat

Lesser spotted Brit
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Originally posted by batboy2001
What do you think of this show? To me I don't really get it, at times it can be funny ie the crazy English guy (no offense to our UK friends) with the fish. Is this a popular show? Somtimes I don't know why CN makes some of theses shows.

"Mumma Mashed Potatoes!". That was a good ep. As of the moment, my fave Courage scene is where he was dancing with Bigfoot. I cracked up the first time I saw that :D

The Dork Knight

The saddles do what now?
Re: Freaky

Originally posted by CartoonFridays
I personally like that one guy that made a rhyme out of the whole show and kept saying "naughty". LOL. It was both freaky and funny.

I hated that eppy soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.... I felt sorry for Courage in that one. Poor little guy lost all his fur to a madman.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Well, Courage's third season begins October 26th, so the writers don't seem to want to leave the show just yet.

In fact, a movie is planned. But they haven't started developing it yet. Perhaps if Tim Burton was directing...

CookieS

Spooky

Heh, yeah. Tim Burton directing a Courage the Cowardly Dog movie? That would just be the icing on the cake wouldn't it? The show is spooky, but I'd like to see it get more scary and less weird. You know what I mean?

The Dork Knight

The saddles do what now?
Re: Spooky

Originally posted by CartoonFridays
Heh, yeah. Tim Burton directing a Courage the Cowardly Dog movie? That would just be the icing on the cake wouldn't it? The show is spooky, but I'd like to see it get more scary and less weird. You know what I mean?

Maybe in the movie, we could see the return of mamma mashed potatoes.... :D

Danielle

Originally posted by Gotlucky64

Maybe in the movie, we could see the return of mamma mashed potatoes.... :D

Okay, STOP with the potatoes! :D

My personal favorite eppy (eppy?!) was the one where they go to the city for Muriel's concert. Bushwi--er, I mean, "Schwick" (from Bushwick.....you can call that Bushwick, but him, you call "Schwick". Not "Bushwick". Just Shwick") is by far my favorite character, other than Madame Whatshername (the one who puts a curse on Eustace.....what is she, a chihuaua?)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.

Featured Posts