Dabney Coleman Dead At 92

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Dabney Coleman has died at the age of 92. Although mainly known for live action, he does have one major voice role, Principal Prickly from Recess.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I totally forget he was Principal Prickley. When I heard the news, my mind automatically went to something I loved as a kid like WarGames or goofier stuff like Drexell's Class or Meet the Applegates or the Beverly Hillbillies movie, yet I forget what I saw him in the most. It's pretty funny that I think I mostly know him from movies and shows that I think are ridiculously goofy now but Dabney always came across as smart and sarcastic to me. He was perfectly cast as Principal Prickley, a weathered authority figure who has grown jaded with the job but is constantly at his wits with a bunch of kiddy smart alecks. It's the kind of role I really associate him with. The last thing I actually saw him in was a Barnaby Jones two parter. He didn't even have his mustache.

RIP

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Funnily enough, the role I most associate him with is not one that most people probably would, but he was the villain in a movie I happened to watch quite a bit as a pre-adult: The Man With One Red Shoe.

Of course, I've seen him in other roles since then, like 9 to 5.

RIP Dabney.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts