Disney International Channel Closures Thread

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Update: I've found another article about Xee's rebrand to See in Denmark, and the article suggests that it's not just simply Fox Networks Group that's stopped operating the channel—even YouSee is no longer co-running the channel, which is actually now solely operated by Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT).

Markus Nelis

I'm pretty sure that Finland now has it's own local National Geographic now. Promos are in Finnish, text also included. Kind of makes sense since the channel is free-to-air here so make it as local as possible.

I'm not aware so correct me if I'm wrong but everything in ads is in Finnish.

Francisque

I'm pretty sure that Finland now has it's own local National Geographic now. Promos are in Finnish, text also included. Kind of makes sense since the channel is free-to-air here so make it as local as possible.

I'm not aware so correct me if I'm wrong but everything in ads is in Finnish.
It is its own feed indeed.

In the past, it used to be Nat Geo Norway+Finland.

Even small Estonia has its own feed

Markus Nelis

It is its own feed indeed.

In the past, it used to be Nat Geo Norway+Finland.

Even small Estonia has its own feed
That's what I thought.

When I finally saw the Finnish text in promos, I was like wow, did we really get our own feed? I was happy about it and surprised.

Yeah I'm aware, I've been in Estonia every Summer and it's impressive that it actually gets it's own feed. At least Estonians get something on their own, a channel that is well known worldwide.

Francisque

Every country has its own National Geographic national feed. :D
Not any country, but linguistic groups generally yes.
E.g. UK-Ireland, GAS, France-CH-Belgium etc.

I'm not informed about Latvia and Lithuania , I think they might get Estonia as the default feed, just as with Fox, if nothing has changed.

Edit: OK Latvia has its own feed too.

RegularCapital

Staff member
And they're increasingly sounding possibly incorrect, somehow.
The closure of FOX was announced a month and half in advance, and the closure of Disney Channel was announced three months in advance, so if there was any announcement we would've heard it by now.

However, it could be the case that they're still negotiating over a possible "pan-feed" with no VOD (although if it's true it seems very last minute to me), and Sky, Virgin or Disney can't say anything as neither party don't currently know the outcome.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A shutdown in the USA, but not the way you are expecting it to be.

FOX Life USA, a Spanish-language channel, will shut down on March 31, the American Cable Television Cooperative reported. I would give you a link to the announcement but it's geoblocked here.

The channel started as an American feed of Utilísima, after that in 2013, with the launch of MundoFOX (it had separate feeds for the USA - as a terrestrial network - and Latin America - as a cable network), the channel was renamed FOX Life and was aesthetically linked to the Latin American feed.

No footage of the channel exists online due to its low reach, as it's limited mainly to Hispanics, and as is the case with most Spanish-language channels in the USA, sold as part of a separate package. In fact, the channel wasn't even measured in the 2021 ranking of cable networks - certainly it would have had less viewers than beIN Sports.

Perla Magica

Digital Love

harry580

FOX Life USA, a Spanish-language channel, will shut down on March 31, the American Cable Television Cooperative reported. I would give you a link to the announcement but it's geoblocked here.

The channel started as an American feed of Utilísima, after that in 2013, with the launch of MundoFOX (it had separate feeds for the USA - as a terrestrial network - and Latin America - as a cable network), the channel was renamed FOX Life and was aesthetically linked to the Latin American feed.

No footage of the channel exists online due to its low reach, as it's limited mainly to Hispanics, and as is the case with most Spanish-language channels in the USA, sold as part of a separate package. In fact, the channel wasn't even measured in the 2021 ranking of cable networks - certainly it would have had less viewers than beIN Sports.
wait, there's is a fox life channel in the USA?, I never know that's exist in the USA

Last edited:

guimax

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts