Favorite Power Puff Girl Episodes

D

DotterJudie

mane event DVD

If anyone has the cartoon orbit codes from thePowerpuff Girls mane event dvd or from anything, I'd really appreciate it if you told me........so..... thanks!:D Oh yeah! And if anyone wants any recent codes or the ones from the books, i can probably hook you up.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
I liked the "Boogy Man" episode..chock full of Star Wars references...

and the Broccli episode...watching kids chow down gigantic brocoli is hilarious...

-BB

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I like the PPG ep where The girls have a sleep over that Mojo Jojo crashes. Hilarious stuff!

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
My favorite is the one where the Amoeba Boys find Mojo Jojo's plans, and the Powerpuff Girls help them build the weapon. It's hilarious to see all of the stuff that comes out of Tiny's mouth.

DR. BELCH

In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
"Slumbering With the Enemy"

It was a good short, but I've mentioned before that the ending felt so abrupt--I mean, the Girls lost their powers and it's never explained how they got them back. It's been suggested the professor keeps spare Chemical X on hand for emergencies (someone even suggested in the form of popsicles, which makes one wonder if there isn't a story in that someplace). Also, Mojo seems capable, as evident in "Mojo Jonesin' " and "Mo Job", of manufacturing the stuff, though he never takes a dose of it himself. So it must not be a hard formula to duplicate (at least for a chimpanzee with a brain several times normal size).

Singin' Stray Cat

Still Alive Somewhere
Favorite episodes of PPG? Hmm.... good question. It's hard to remember them all, and I'll probably leave some out unintentionally, but here goes:

Monkey See, Doggie Do (not the sequel - cheaters!! :p )

Buttercrush (my favorite moments are the two extremes: Buttercup handing Ace a soda, then later on beating the crap out of him! Hell hath no fury like that of...Buttercup PO'd!)

PowerProf. (The first half of this episode is really adorable - I found myself saying "awww" almost every minute)

Slumbering With the Enemy (Mojeesha - need I say more?)

Stuck Up, Up, and Away (It was fun pointing out all the DBZ references)

Mime for a Change (found an mp3 of the song they sing in this one! hurray!)

Bubblevicious (I like any episode where Bubbles gets a lot of air time - and hearing her scream "Who else wants some?!" is hilarious!)

Boogie Frights (love the Star Wars refs and the whole idea of eclipsing the sun with a disco ball)

The RowdyRuff Boys (no reason for this one, I just do :) )

Mommy Fearest (Sedusa had a pretty good plan there...)

the episode where Mojo Jojo wound up babysitting the girls (who knew he was also an Iron Chef wanna-be? :D)

And finally, the episode where the girls and the kids of Townsville defeat the Broccoloid empire :) Oh yes, and those two goats helped too.

Whew!

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
A lot of good ones

I really love episodes that play with a series' conventions, so three of my very favorites have to be "Bare Facts" (different animation styles) ". . .Best Rainy Day Adventure" (characters playing themselves) and "Super Zeroes" (characters playing other super heroes).

More conventional faves:

"A Very Special Blossom": That's the one where Blossom steals the golf clubs for the professor. I love the title (a riff on NBC's Blossom, which seemed to always have "very special episodes") and the way it manages to both impart a moral message and at the same satirize it. Never seen that done quite so arfully before.

"Supper Villain": That poor man and his hideous family.

"Jewel of the Aisle": Great parody of TV commercials.

"Meet the Beat-Alls": Attains a Rocky-and-Bullwinkle sublimeness of punnery.

Singin' Stray Cat

Still Alive Somewhere
Super Zeroes! I knew I'd forget one or two. :rolleyes:

Not only is there a good moral in this one, but Steve the monster delivers it. How cool is that? :D

kiddiesunshine

My Opinion

PPG is a very good cartoon, despite the artwork. There may be about one "bad" episode. By bad I mean least enjoyable.
My favorites are:
Stuck Up, Up and Away - Forget about it. It has action. It has comedy. It has DBZ references up the bunghole. Did I mention the action? I've never seen the girls fight so hard. Amazing!
Favorite Quote: "Oh, yeah? Tell that to Batman!"
Best Rainy Day Adventure Ever (I think that's the title)- It's a great episode for people who already know and love all the characters. The girls' impressions of the other characters are hilarious!
Favorite Quote: " Since I have yet to meet a greater scientific mind this side of the galaxy, I can comfortably say that sentence comfortably."
The RowdyRuff Boys - The mirror match to end all mirror matches! I love watching everyone's special attacks. My only complaint is with the ending. This episode would've been great if is had two parts, the first part ending with Townsville thinking the girls are dead. I hated the "Reviving Tears" thing in the first Pokemon movie.
Favorite Quote: "Ok, girls! Let's get 'em. "
-------That's all I have for y'all right now. I just want to take this time to say hello to everyone in the toonzone.net family. There are so many smart, friendly people here.
KIDDIESUNSHINE!!! SPREADING THE WORD OF PEACE AND LOVE THROUGHOUT THE NATION! Kinda.

BourgeoisBuffoon

Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?
My fav (of what little I've seen) is the short where a feminine enemy seduces Pro. Plutonium in disguise. Classic; seeing Pro. go "I, I, I..." was the best part of that eppy...

....I wish I coulda seen the RowdyRuff Boy eppy, though. Always sounded like a good one...

Singin' Stray Cat

Still Alive Somewhere
Originally posted by BourgeoisBuffoon
My fav (of what little I've seen) is the short where a feminine enemy seduces Pro. Plutonium in disguise. Classic; seeing Pro. go "I, I, I..." was the best part of that eppy...

That would be "Mommy Fearest." :D Yup, that Professor is one smooth operator all right.

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
Originally posted by Singin' Stray Cat

That would be "Mommy Fearest." :D Yup, that Professor is one smooth operator all right.

Also has Buttercup surreptitiously tucking something into the Professor's lapel pocket before his big date. . . .;)

K

Kappa

Okay, here are my favorites.

Powerpuff Girl's best Rainy day adventure ever: I loved this one, the begining was a little...err... stupid, but it ended up great.

Jewel of the Aisle: Ridiculous Lucky Captain... err... well, those Mechanimals were cool! o^.^o;;

Super Zeroes: This is my absolute favorite. 'Nuff said.

PeppeRaskell1

Peanutized!!!
Re: Favorite Powerpuff Girl Episodes

Here's where I put in my 34 cents:

1) "Cat Man Do"--The one where Prof. Utonium gets hypnotized by Kitty and forced to do his bidding.
I liked the parts where Kitty and the Prof. luged past the laser security system, and the Professor's rescue at the end when he leaped off the building to rescue Kitty.

2) "Meet the Beat-Alls"--Favorite scene: When the bad guys beat up the cartoon Beatles (somewhere up in Cartoon Heaven, The Impossibles must be laughing). Loved all the Beatles references, too!

3) "Major Competition": "Major Man"--What a jerk!

4) "Mime for a Change"

5) "PowerProf."

"The best episode of any show is the one that lives in your imagination"...and I've got one or two good PPG stories locked up in mine!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts