General International TV Channels Thread

Francisque

AMC Break and AMC Crime-core name for a (FAST) channel.
It's a bit curious, AMC Reality definitely sound like an apter name for True Crime

I feel like everything has been poorly planned

@TVArchive

It's probably harder to merge these channels as they might have more rights problems

My guess is that they might try to merge the now less important Russian operation and Romania?

Definitely neither Poland nor UK

Or just merging parts of the schedule, as Italy and France, which still are vastly different due to different tastes, e.g. at primetime

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
It's a bit curious, AMC Reality definitely sound like an apter name for True Crime

I feel like everything has been poorly planned
AMC Break and AMC Crime, as names go, made sense, as they did "replace" Blaze and C+I after AMC Networks got the other side of that joint venture thing they had with Hearst (but Hearst was gentle? enough to make AMC keep Historia as it was).
No, Cosmo never was part of that thing, it always was under Hearst's hands (since some places say that it's under A+E Networks, that isn't true)

The stuff they made in UK, between True Crime (not to be confused with Sony's largely forgotten True Crime) and Legend, didn't made that sense, as names go.

Francisque

AMC Break and AMC Crime, as names go, made sense, as they did "replace" Blaze and C+I after AMC Networks got the other side of that joint venture thing they had with Hearst (but Hearst was gentle? enough to make AMC keep Historia as it was).

The stuff they made in UK, between True Crime (not to be confused with Sony's largely forgotten True Crime) and Legend, didn't made that sense, as names gom
Just use the AMC name replacing CBS, IMO

And probably keep at least CBS Drama as AMC Drama, instead of a bland True Crime Xtra with even more Judge Judy on a loop!

Yeah, it'd take time for people to get used to AMC replacing CBS, a minor inconvenience though.
Especially when channels, because of streaming competition, are focusig on the company's name: e.g.UKTV will be rebranding this Summer UKTV channels as "U" with the "U& channel name" tagline, which sounds ten times worse!

Actually, AMC, in comparison, at most is a neutral name, even if not quite known

Some of the choices many channels do these days leave me speechless

themidnightlore

Staff member
Just use the AMC name replacing CBS, IMO

And probably keep at least CBS Drama as AMC Drama, instead of a bland True Crime Xtra with even more Judge Judy on a loop!

Yeah, it'd take time for people to get used to AMC replacing CBS, a minor inconvenience though.
Especially when channels, because of streaming competition, are focusig on the company's name: e.g.UKTV will be rebranding this Summer UKTV channels as "U" with the "U& channel name" tagline, which sounds ten times worse!

Actually, AMC, in comparison, at most is a neutral name, even if not quite known

Some of the choices many channels do these days leave me speechless
Ah, yes, the U& rebrand for the UKTV channels. Now that's a rebrand that truly blows, on every side you look at it.
At least, for the former CBS channels, there was some minor way to unite all (too bad AMC got the assignment wrong...)

Francisque

Ah, yes, the U& rebrand for the UKTV channels. Now that's a rebrand that truly blows, on every side you look at it.
At least, for the former CBS channels, there was some minor way to unite all (too bad AMC got the assignment wrong...)
My guess is that they might go back to normal the non-U suffixed channel branding after a while, seeing they won't work (they will never gain any real popularity, I know it!), probably leaving the somehow IMO miserable U branding for the company, which was intended to work with "U& channel" (you and Dave, you and Yesterday, etc.)

Now they have spent money on it already, so my guess is that they can't stop the entire machine from going lol

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Last edited:

canyuksel97

CONFIRMED: The Wait Is Over. CNBC-e Is Coming Back On The Air Beginning On Monday, June 10th!
But Satellite Frequency Details For CNBC-e Is Still Not Announced Yet.
cnbc-e-qjrv_cover.jpg

themidnightlore

Staff member
Italy is finally getting Sky Stream. It launches the 3rd of June.
Remember that on Sky Stream, you get HD for all the channels, even the ones that are still SD on satellite (Anything ParGlo not named MTV, Boomerang and the DeAgostini kids channels).

They're still in time for add GINX Esports TV as an easter egg channel, like, you can access it only after figuring some esotheric code. (Joking a little)
I say so as in UK it's nowadays exclusive to their Sky Stream and it would be nice to have some extra channel only on it.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Kino Polska will receive a new graphic design and new logo.

J10

CONFIRMED: The Wait Is Over. CNBC-e Is Coming Back On The Air Beginning On Monday, June 10th!
But Satellite Frequency Details For CNBC-e Is Still Not Announced Yet.
View attachment 308573
I have mentioned before from one of the articles that it’ll be on June 3rd, but later, the official account said the date will be on the 10th. I thought they’ll launch it on that date and not on June 10th.
CNBC-e will be relaunched on 3rd of June

In other news, Organizations pressures on KRRiT to renew the license of TVN Style.

Organizations associating pay-TV providers asked the chairman of the National Broadcasting Council to make an urgent decision on the extension of the concession for TVN Style. From the letters reached by the Wirtualnemedia.pl portal, it appears that operators are afraid of the disappearance of the station. Many customers will then be able to terminate contracts.

TVP’s Wiadomosci studio has been used by Belsat, rather than i9:30 or Panorama.

Viasat World will launch Viasat True Crime, for viewers in Poland. Hope the next step will be ditching Polsat label from the channel.

Kino Polska will receive a new graphic design and new logo.

Also, are they going to rebrand SPI channels to similar looks like this from Kino Polska in the future?

Last edited:

themidnightlore

Staff member
@themidnightlore I'm so happy about Sky Stream

That should convince me to go back to Sky, if prices aren't too much : )

Definitely prefer that to a scarce Now
Hopefully Comcast doesn't fumble with the prices!
I also forgot to add CNN in the list of the channels that are in HD on Sky Stream and SD on satellite. (No, it's just the normal CNN, but for some reason, not in HD?)
I wonder if they're ever going to add those HD channels on satellite or, since one day they will dismiss that, they're leaving those like that. In big part, it's kids channels.

canyuksel97

As Part Of CNBC-e's Relaunch, They Brought Back The 6pm To 7am Timeslot For Entertainment Block.
This Will Also Air All Day On Weekends Too.

With Entertainment Block, They Also Air An Programme Called Letterbox, Which Is Hosted By Yiğit Kirazcı.
In Addition, CNBC-e's Infamous ''The Simpsons'' Is Possibly Coming Back As Well (Already Airing On FX.)
Plus, Foreign British Or American TV Series With Turkish Subtitles Will Also To Be Air On CNBC-e.

J10

As part of CNBC-e's relaunch, they will bring back the 6 PM To 7 AM timeslot for the entertainment programming. It will also air all day on weekends too.

With the entertainment block, they will also air a program called Letterbox, which is hosted by Yiğit Kirazcı. In Addition, CNBC-e's infamous ''The Simpsons'' is possibly coming back as well (Already being aired on FX).
Plus, Foreign British or American TV Series with Turkish Subtitles will also be aired on CNBC-e.

Didn’t they say they’ll repeat business programming on the channel after broadcasting it live for 10 hours?

Headquartered in Istanbul, CNBC Türkiye will offer a minimum of 10 hours of daily live programming, providing financial and business news coverage from the region. The channel's regional coverage will be complemented by international coverage from CNBC bureaus around the world, including Abu Dhabi, London, New York and Singapore.

From what I read, that channel would look different from the old owner, where the content is mostly business news, and will air other coverages from other cities. However, it seems that entertainment programming will also be include.

Last edited:

themidnightlore

Staff member
Since no one did say it, the Channel 4-owned music channels (Kerrang!, Kiss, Magic, 4Music and The Box) will close at the end of June.
(At least, they got the decency of giving them some semblance of sendoff, with goodbye programmes scheduled during June. Trace could never. And I guess, Sony couldn't too, since they definitely closed channels like that.)

Francisque

Pride month, the newer LGBT+ flag

Good move from them, since there's still a lot of homophobia, in EMEA

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts