International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel Scandinavia schedule: April 22-28, 2024. Super Heroes week with a lot of episodes of Superkitties and Spidey and Friends. With that, they will also get weekend morning marathons. Who would have thought that out of all shows Superkitties is the most aired show this week? Usually we expect Bluey and Miraculous to be on top. Then again, this one week event helps to boost it's reruns.
1713654773194.png

MagiaDiWinx

Is DC India STILL a disaster? In India there’s this problem of the kids channels just doing stuff and not listening to what the audience wants. I mean the USA does this too but not this extreme

Francisque

@Moleoman

Do you know if DC Scandinavia used the same kind of music for the 2006-7 menus?
I know these are the Christmas versions of them, but still

Moleoman

Yes, I clearly remember they had the same track from Zone Music (though the lines VAs said were more template-like). The non-pushback version appeared after a show which had a scene during credits (f.e. "The Emperor's New School" or "Boy Meets World").

MagiaDiWinx

Not really news, but I wonder what DC Russia would’ve been like if it launched in the 2000s like originally planned. I found out about Disney Russia commissioning dubs back then that didn’t get released for years. When did DC Nordic get the Russian track?

Francisque

Yes, I clearly remember they had the same track from Zone Music (though the lines VAs said were more template-like). The non-pushback version appeared after a show which had a scene during credits (f.e. "The Emperor's New School" or "Boy Meets World").
Yeah, I remember the announcers clearly said them without going into details

Were they the first to introduce this menu? Or was DC UK the first to introduce it and create it?
Not really news, but I wonder what DC Russia would’ve been like if it launched in the 2000s like originally planned. I found out about Disney Russia commissioning dubs back then that didn’t get released for years. When did DC Nordic get the Russian track?
Clearly the climate has always kind of been anti-western (of course just not as now); that's why they hadn't even try to do that, likely

@Moleoman do you know the name of the track?

Markus Nelis

All day Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures to celebrate May the 4th (referencing May the Force Be With You) on Disney Channel Scandinavia. Including LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation. Airs at 8:40 to 20:40. Airing for 12 hours.

I don't know what it is but they seem to give special events to only preschool shows. Next week has Super Heroes week with Spidey and Superkitties. While the week after has Star Wars. I hope there's no favoritism. I just hope that the shows that bigger kids watch also get events like this at some point.

PerkyStella

Is DC India STILL a disaster? In India there’s this problem of the kids channels just doing stuff and not listening to what the audience wants. I mean the USA does this too but not this extreme
It's not merely a problem of demand for the American shows but rather this weird cultural difference thing. DC India tends to be more about local animation and Japanese anime imports, and they're usually dead last to premiere any of DC USA's (animated) shows due to those not being as well-known in the area. They also have a separate channel for DC USA's live-action output (Disney International HD), but even those lag behind in airing said shows (for example, airings of Girl Meets World in that channel were still promoted as "new episodes"... in 2021).

Markus Nelis

I'm currently in Estonia. Apparently the Baltics have decided to keep the Disney Channel EMEA feed. Good decision in my opinion. Scandinavia didn't care at all about the Baltics anyway. Something to note, when I look at the EPG from a few days ago, it had the Nordic schedule. I think they were originally supposed to get Scandinavia back but the change must've been a last minute because they didn't switch at the end.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Polsat has renewed their linear multi-year channel carriage deal with Disney. Disney extends agreement with Polsat Plus

The carriage deal includes the following channels: Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, Nat Geo People, FX, and FX Comedy.
Is Disney XD still half(?) owned by AMC Networks or finally is just Disney-owned?

MagiaDiWinx

A bit of an odd question but why does the French-speaking Disney Channel in Canada have the name in French? Of course there's also Russia with Kanal Disney, Hungary with Disney Csatorna, Israel with Arutz Dizni but only Russia and Quebec have the logo adapted.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A bit of an odd question but why does the French-speaking Disney Channel in Canada have the name in French? Of course there's also Russia with Kanal Disney, Hungary with Disney Csatorna, Israel with Arutz Dizni but only Russia and Quebec have the logo adapted.
I think it's because of language laws in Quebec.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts