"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

I'll tell you, I was never a HUGE DD fan back in the day. Though I read his comics like when he first fought Typhoid Mary to when he went to hell and ran up against Mephisto, then Born Again run, then Kevin Smith's run. Personally I enjoyed the Netflix series, wasn't a fan of Affleck's film (i wanted Matt Damon & Robert Rodriguez), but it is what it is.

I'll enjoy them rebooting this again. I was somewhat happy with the Netflix version.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I really just don't want to see the Netflix stuff fully retconned. Even if they can't go into the full details, it would be nice... for me, if the history isn't negated. From back when it seemed like much less of an issue that the series might not be in continuity, Matt was always one of my favorite heroes in the MCU, second only to Cap at times. I absolutely love Charlie Cox in the role but I don't know if he would be the right choice at this point to play a rookie Daredevil.

If they do play around with the red and yellow suit, the yellow and red color clash feels like a blind joke waiting to happen but it would be interesting to see if they could make it work. I always thought it was cool to see in books like Man Without Fear or Daredevil Yellow, where they really darkened the red to go with the bright yellow.

Season 3 gave lots of in-story reasons for Matt not using that version of the all-red again with Melvin's legal troubles, and Poindexter's crimes while wearing the suit.

Frontier

Staff member
I really just don't want to see the Netflix stuff fully retconned. Even if they can't go into the full details, it would be nice... for me, if the history isn't negated. From back when it seemed like much less of an issue that the series might not be in continuity, Matt was always one of my favorite heroes in the MCU, second only to Cap at times. I absolutely love Charlie Cox in the role but I don't know if he would be the right choice at this point to play a rookie Daredevil.

If they do play around with the red and yellow suit, the yellow and red color clash feels like a blind joke waiting to happen but it would be interesting to see if they could make it work. I always thought it was cool to see in books like Man Without Fear or Daredevil Yellow, where they really darkened the red to go with the bright yellow.

Season 3 gave lots of in-story reasons for Matt not using that version of the all-red again with Melvin's legal troubles, and Poindexter's crimes while wearing the suit.
Maybe we could get full costume Bullseye...

Frontier

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts