Need help identifying old cartoon by brief description...

Shaggy8

I need help identifying the name of an old cartoon.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of details as its from memory and I'm struggling to remember what it was called.

Here is what I remember/think:

1) Cartoon would have aired on network TV in the U.S. in the late 80's or early 90's
2) Setting was fantasy and had the appearance of long ago (horse drawn wagons, sail boats, medieval garb, etc.)
3) Main character had a shield he wore on his back that would open up into short wings and allow him to glide.
4) The shield also had some kind of weapon inside that he could access when the shield was open (like a throwing star or throwing blade of some kind)
5) He had a small sailboat he would use to navigate rivers.
6) The sail on the boat was actually two glider wings in the up position, acting as a sail.
7) When needed he could deploy the boats sail out to the sides as wings and glide down from waterfalls, etc.

Please help as it's been driving me crazy for weeks trying to remember more details!

I have tried basic Google searches using the information above but, no success thus far.

Help!!!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?
If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.
I recently decided that I will be covering a really bad children's cartoon that's been on my radar for a while over on my blog. I can't really talk about it on here because of this show's nature, but I'm bored enough and I think someone needs to analyze the show I'm talking about and yank it apart.

Featured Posts