Primos (Disney Show From Natasha Kline)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

A new Disney show is being made called Primos. It's created by Big City Greens director Natasha Kline. The show centers on Tater, an eccentric 10-year-old girl with big dreams and, unbeknownst to her, a certain “it factor” that makes her exceptional. When her 12 cousins (“primos” in Spanish) move in for the summer, they help her discover just what it is. Tater’s aspirations and larger-than-life imagination are seen via entries in her super-secret diary, which turn her deepest thoughts into grandiose animation sequences.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Why was this not mentioned in the article? Well whatever the case, this looks like another winner. Let me change the title and get a picture for proof.

Screenshot_20211103-135606.png

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So there was apparently a mistake. Primos is not being made for Disney Junior. I do wonder why the Disney Junior Twitter account retweeted the news, but it's not a Disney Junior show.

Screenshot_20211115-181335.png

Ghoster1987

howdy
kind of weird that disney jr's twitter account retweeted it if it's not made for them.

But overall it kind of sounds like The Casagrandes.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
April Amezquita is working on the show. She previously worked on Victor And Valentino and Santiago Of The Seas.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
^^Yeah, it's another show set during the summer, like Phineas and Ferb. That's mentioned in the now infamous intro.

glennbyrnes

It looks like Disney caved into the pressure and yanked Primos before it even aired. It was not even mentioned in the June schedule today

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
At this point I'd just like to hear something. Good news, bad news, something official beyond social media posts. Disney has been incredibly mum about this whole thing, and to this day I still don't see what is/was so reprehensible about this show that turned the Internet against it so hard and so quickly.

Eldorado

At this point I'd just like to hear something. Good news, bad news, something official beyond social media posts. Disney has been incredibly mum about this whole thing, and to this day I still don't see what is/was so reprehensible about this show that turned the Internet against it so hard and so quickly.
There problems with the intro that was griped and nitpicked about that led to people calling it racist.

Also, there was something about the creator and/or crew member that I don’t remember about.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
It looks like Disney caved into the pressure and yanked Primos before it even aired. It was not even mentioned in the June schedule today
Oof. I try to remain optimistic, but that's not good. I could be wrong, but it looks as though Disney decided that Primos wasn't worth the hassle and just quietly removed the show with no fanfare or press release.

I hate the thought that Disney would just cave in to some haters on Twitter or Reddit or whatever. If this is it, the real shame is that we'll never know just what kind of impact (positive or negative) the show might have had. Not to mention all of the people who've been working on the show who'll now never see the fruits of their labors.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Oof. I try to remain optimistic, but that's not good. I could be wrong, but it looks as though Disney decided that Primos wasn't worth the hassle and just quietly removed the show with no fanfare or press release.

I hate the thought that Disney would just cave in to some haters on Twitter or Reddit or whatever. If this is it, the real shame is that we'll never know just what kind of impact (positive or negative) the show might have had. Not to mention all of the people who've been working on the show who'll now never see the fruits of their labors.
I really doubt that Disney caved into the backlash. As bad as the reaction to the opening theme was, I don't think it would be enough for them to completely toss out the series, especially if they already had episodes far into production. That would be a huge waste of money, something they'd obviously want to avoid. If they did go in that direction, I'd assume that either it was early enough into production where they didn't have that much of the season completed or there were bigger problems behind the scenes that led to cancelling the series.

It's probably more likely that they're delaying the series' premiere, especially if they are making more adjustments as a result of the backlash.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
There problems with the intro that was griped and nitpicked about that led to people calling it racist.

Also, there was something about the creator and/or crew member that I don’t remember about.

Um, yeah, I know. The "something about the creator and/or crew member" was an admittedly tone-deaf social media response from Tater's voice actress.

I'm fully aware of what happened (unfortunately that's all we've been talking about regarding the show for the past year); what I'm saying is that I didn't think the "problems" people were having with the show's intro were enough for everyone to label Primos the new Satan; I didn't think it was unfixable then and I don't think it's unfixable now.

Again, I'm not prepared to write Primos off just yet; just burying the show would be a waste of money, especially just because of a few haters who likely aren't in the show's target audience and don't contribute to the show financially in any way. For all we know it could just be a case that the producers need more time to finish the adjustments to it. I'll wait until I hear something official before I start playing taps for Primos.

Last edited:

Mejo

I am The Hunter! *blows horn*

I personally have my doubt’s Disney will never release that show (they’re probably postponing the premiere for a future date) but if they do, I wouldn’t be surprised. That wouldn’t be the first time such an occurrence happened. In 2020, there was a Nick Jr. show set to premiere called Made By Maddie. However, just before its premiere, people online began accusing the show of plagiarizing the short film Hair Love (even though the show was in production before Hair Love was released). This lead to Nickelodeon to pull the show off their schedule and let the trademark expire. I really hope the same thing doesn’t happen with Primos.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts