Princess Leia joins the Disney Princesses

Poweranimals

Invincible
1233546_10151844627702840_1577829897_n.jpg

ToonJay723

Staff member
I dunno. It could be a joke but I'm sure it's not far off anyway.
It was a YouTube video made back in like November, about the Disney princesses telling Leia in song what a Disney Princess should act like.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
For a few minutes, I thought that it was real. Screwing the line with some of their latest acquisitions...

Dr.Pepper

When I first saw this thread I was imagining an animated Leia with Cinderella and Snow White and all of them on a lunchbox or something.

ToDandy

Honestly I don't think any character outside of the traditional Disney Animation Studio should ever be considered a "Disney Princess", that goes for Pixar films too.

Also....why in the world has Mulan been considered a Disney Princess? She is not from royalty and never marries into royalty...........I'm confused.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Also....why in the world has Mulan been considered a Disney Princess? She is not from royalty and never marries into royalty...........I'm confused.
The only reason why Mulan is a Disney Princess is because her movie was popular with the target audience of girls. That's how you're a part of the lineup. For example, if Black Cauldron was successful, then Princess Elionwy wold be in the toy-line. Also, technically Cinderella and Belle are duchesses, since they aren't royal blood and married into royalty, so having them marketed as Disney Princesses also makes no sense.

ILDC

Honestly I don't think any character outside of the traditional Disney Animation Studio should ever be considered a "Disney Princess", that goes for Pixar films too.
Meaning you're fine with Rapunzel?

ToDandy

Meaning you're fine with Rapunzel?

Sure. I'm fine with that. It may have been CGI but it was a traditional Disney fairytale loosely based on an existing story and in musical form. Even the stylization was supposed to look like a 3D rendering of the 2D films from the renaissance. So I'm fine if they really want to market it as a member of that group.

Where as Brave had very little in common. The style was nothing like classic disney, it was made by Pixar, and it was an original story not based on a fairy tale (or a-skewed history). In fact when they tried to integrate the main character in, they made so many alterations to the style (to make it fit with the other "princesses") that it actually upset some people.

So......yeah. I just don't want to one day have to see that image of the classic disney girls with Mirada, Leia, and Princess Python (Marvel character) all running around together. Something about that just seems......wrong.

ILDC

Sure. I'm fine with that. It may have been CGI but it was a traditional Disney fairytale loosely based on an existing story and in musical form. Even the stylization was supposed to look like a 3D rendering of the 2D films from the renaissance. So I'm fine if they really want to market it as a member of that group.

Where as Brave had very little in common. The style was nothing like classic disney, it was made by Pixar, and it was an original story not based on a fairy tale (or a-skewed history). In fact when they tried to integrate the main character in, they made so many alterations to the style (to make it fit with the other "princesses") that it actually upset some people.

So......yeah. I just don't want to one day have to see that image of the classic disney girls with Mirada, Leia, and Princess Python (Marvel character) all running around together. Something about that just seems......wrong.
Well, it looks like at least The Muppets are safe.

The Muppets Characters - Muppet Wiki

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
This video is from AVbyte, they also do the Hipster Disney Princesses video. I recognized Hipster Ariel.

[video=youtube;aRMFH71fDIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRMFH71fDIE[/video]

Hordesman

slashor
The only reason why Mulan is a Disney Princess is because her movie was popular with the target audience of girls. That's how you're a part of the lineup. For example, if Black Cauldron was successful, then Princess Elionwy wold be in the toy-line. Also, technically Cinderella and Belle are duchesses, since they aren't royal blood and married into royalty, so having them marketed as Disney Princesses also makes no sense.

The rank in the historical sense is messy because you could be a king's daughter but not a princess based on your mother's rank. And someone like the beast wasn't necessarily the dauphin (heir to the French throne)- certain landholdings or family ties could justify the title of prince or princess in the French court- which is how you get Princess of Lamballe or how the Pope used to be called a prince of the church. So I have no problem with Mulan being in the lineup- in fact, she's the only one to earn her rank rather than be born or marry into it... I would say princess in the Disney sense is basically a female role model.

dth1971

Do the now owned by Disney girls of Marvel Comics (Spider Woman, Invisible Woman, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow, Black Cat, others) count as Disney Princesses?

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Do the now owned by Disney girls of Marvel Comics (Spider Woman, Invisible Woman, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow, Black Cat, others) count as Disney Princesses?

No. If the only requirement for a character to get placed under a particular franchise banner was for them to be owned by the same parent company, then by that logic Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew could be considered Looney Tunes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts