Sausage Party: Foodtopia (Amazon Series)

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Hard pass - FACTS & TRUTH: I don't see anyone watching this. Too generic, too cheap, too easy to look at and go - UGH. GROSS/CRAP & BORING.
I just don't. At all.

So, Soooo, Soooooo many better ideas on streaming were unfairly canned and/or shuttered in development hell for this, which doesn't help matters, at the end of the day.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Sausage Party is in such a mid 2010s time void. Forgetting what time I saw it, I’m surprised it was dead-on 2016 and not a year or two before.

This is actually somewhat similar to the situation with Ted. Ted basically took over the rest of 2012 when it came out. At the time I was psyched to see it and loved that it was essentially the Family Guy theatrical film. But my coworkers, friends and some family saw it for the separate phenomenon it was.

Ted at one point was still a big thing that demanded a sequel from others, and yeah. Chances are if you made the same movie twice it wouldn’t be as good.

But now there’s also that potential Ted series floating around where, like Sausage Party, it’s being developed long past any cultural significance.

Sausage Party got a lot of people talking. Again, in 2016. I’m not gonna deny that there was a crowd for it.

I mean... literal years have passed. And a lot of people initially saw the nothingness that came from that film a mile away.

Ted was a hell of an experience, and I actually got decent laughs from Ted 2 even though it’s always crapped on in conversation.

But I don’t want a Ted series either. Nobody celebrated the film’s 10th anniversary, and I don’t even think Seth MacFarlane still views it as his live action golden ticket anymore. That first movie was all about learning to grow up, and sure enough, that’s what everyone did.

As for Sausage Party, good luck on that front. It’s probably gonna be an equal challenging struggle as getting the original movie out there.

Last edited:

Ace

Ace
I know there's a market for these kinds of edgy comedies. If there wasn't Big Mouth wouldn't be renewed for a 7th season and Family Guy wouldn't still be airing on FOX.

In defense of Family Guy though, that show can still make me laugh sometimes. Sausage Party seemed better for being a one and done movie. It's style of comedy isn't sophisticated enough for a full series. The other animated series' Seth Rogen worked on, Santa Inc, was even worse in my opinion. Not looking forward to this to say the least.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts