Shows That Are Seen In A Better Light Nowadays

aegisrawks

Ironically I saw Magical Doremi, much like the entire Toonzai/Vortexx Lineup had ratings people would kill for nowadays, only recently has The CW started to get back to doing 700k viewers.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
On a personal level, there were a few shows that I was mixed on at first that I absolutely fell in love with later. It might be a season later or it might be years later. Justice League, X-Men Evolution, Generator Rex, The Batman, Batman Beyond, Beast Wars, DragonBall Z, Avatar, Samurai Jack and Beavis and Butthead (mostly the review segments) are a few of the culprits.

I know I have what would be considered terrible taste at times but I like to think I have an eye for quality. It still puzzles me as to why most of these rubbed me the wrong way at first.

CassieTheDragon

There seems to be a lot more appreciation for PBS Kids' animated programs these days. Not to say people hated them back in the day but these days they get more respect than they did previously. Arthur (96), The Magic School Bus (94), WordGirl (07) and Cyberchase (02) are the most famous by far.

Though that's probably because the audience for those grew up, more than anything else.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts