"Star Trek: Prodigy" News & Discussion Thread

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Prodigy will be featured in this year's Star Trek panel at New York Comic-Con on October 8.
Additionally, Star Trek: Prodigy returns to the New York Comic Con stage this year with voice cast including Kate Mulgrew, Ella Purnell, Brett Gray and Jameela Jamil, alongside Executive Producers Alex Kurtzman, Rod Roddenberry, Kevin Hageman, Dan Hageman and Ben Hibon.

10/08:
New teaser.

Coverage of the NYCC panel
It was also announced that Ronny Cox has joined the season one voice cast with a recurring role. Cox will reprise his Star Trek: The Next Generation role as Admiral Edward Jellico, a promotion from his original character, Captain Jellico.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jellico being promoted sounds like a mistake to me. Lower Decks has used Jellico before as an example of a cautionary tale of a bad starship captain. It feels like the shows are less connected if this show has promoted him.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I want a plush Murf!!

FefbL_vX0BwOF6a.jpg

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Did this show really need to be made? Do kids even like Star Trek?

You know it's probably running salt in the wounds of members who were banned for probably really good reasons but screw it, I feel this is worth bringing up;

Yes the show deserves to exist and yeah kids have and still do like Star Trek.

I mean when I was a kid I had friends who were big into the Star Trek shows running at the time (mostly Deep Space Nine and having been really into Next Generation during it's run) and it's clear there are still a fanbase of younger fans now. And even on the off chance there wasn't, that was and is the POINT of Prodigy; to show Star Trek though having a lot of mature and adult ideas can still appeal and have it's world connect to the standards of a kids cartoon without losing what makes the franchise special and powerful. And that is obviously the case considering how much praise and love the show gets since as RoyalRubble showed above it is getting even emmy nomination recognition. So really asking such questiosn just feels asinine and like you're trying to purposely troll when the answer is apparent and honestly good for Star Trek for constantly willing to try new things. Which feels like the core of the series that is being reached more then even the 90's had with so many differing kinds of shows coming out including one for younger fans that isn't just pandering garbage but a series that still feels Star Trek despite being aimed more for a younger demographic.

Reactions: JTZ

Mandouga

UGH!!! This is so stupid!!!

As understandable as it is why the Protostar crew ran away from the Dauntless crew (and the real Janeway) at the outpost (they were scared, after all), the show predictably put them in the no-win scenario of answering the hail and having the weapon destroy both ships, or not answering and having the Dauntless crew thinking they’re hostile, then Murf hatches and “accidentally” fires a torpedo at the Dauntless, and now they do think they’re hostile as the Protostar is forced to hide in the Neutral Zone.

(sigh) This is just the sort bologna I was hoping this show WOULDN’T resort to! However, I know this isn’t the end of the story, etc., but at this point it doesn’t look good, especially now with that Han Solo wannabe tagging along.

Long story short, I really, really, REALLY hope that Starfleet understands that this was all a misunderstanding, that the Protostar crew didn’t know about the Living Construct, that the Protostar crew went through a lot to get to where they were, and that Starfleet DOESN’T treat them like criminals, and/or send them back to Tars Lamora. I mean not even the main prime time live-action shows (or movies) got that dark (not really, anyway)…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanc

i wonder if there are any updates about season 2, for being shopped to other platforms?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Probably the only other streaming service I could see that would host the show would be Netflix given all the various Nickelodeon projects there. Either way, the show going through this fate is not cool.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts