55x55_dna_genrex_bl.png
- Number 301

Back in Black
premieres
TONIGHT at 6:00PM
repeats
SATURDAY at 7:30AM

This week...
Rex visits an alternate future in which the Black Knight is the head of Providence.​

KPTitan

The Doc is in...
"Visits"? Makes it sound temporary.:sad:

What's bad about it being temporary? It at least tells us that Holiday, Six, Bobo, and White are coming back (even though that's something that most of us had probably already guessed:sweat:). It probably also confirms what the majority of us had been assuming about Black Knight. If she is indeed evil, that would definitely prompt Rex into wanting to go back in time to fix everything. I'm also hoping that since Caesar is suspiciously the only one remaining at Providence, he might spill the beans on something.

Since this is *supposed* to be the start of Season 3, I wonder if we'll be getting another recap at the beginning like the last time?

Blackmanba

Is it just me or is anyone more creeped out by Black Knight more than Breach?

Not just you Black Knight gives that I will control you no matter what vibe! Also great episode, good to see there will be no time travel to fix the problem. Unless of course it is used later on in the future.

zoombie

From the episode description, it looked like there was a time travel episode about Rex trying to go back in time. But thankfully it's not.

Providence our villains now and dare I say the new main villains for now. Rex and our heros are fugitives, I am excited that things aren't statous quo. I wonder giving what a threat Providence is to Evos, if at least temperary our heros and Van Kleiss will be on the same side. Speaking of which, just me or did it look like Providence had Biowulf captured.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
As anyone recall some have mention that we might see Providence as the villains but at the same time we thought White Knight would be the main antagonist the way he was acting in the first episodes but after getting soft a bit with everyone, especially Rex it would be weird having White as the main villain of all the stuff he had done recently so it's a nice opportunity of using another character as the main villain.

You do expected to see Rex return but it's a nice plot twist having him stay in that alt. timeline and see how the world is affected because of his absence for awhile.

Dragnatek

I'm so glad it was a change in status quo rather then being reset at the end. And now Caesar has became a villain along with Black Knight, it is now much more likely that Caesar was responsible for the nanite incident.

Dragnatek

As anyone recall some have mention that we might see Providence as the villains but at the same time we thought White Knight would be the main antagonist the way he was acting in the first episodes but after getting soft a bit with everyone, especially Rex it would be weird having White as the main villain of all the stuff he had done recently so it's a nice opportunity of using another character as the main villain.

You do expected to see Rex return but it's a nice plot twist having him stay in that alt. timeline and see how the world is affected because of his absence for awhile.

Since he stayed I don't think it is an "alt" time line. I think it's the actual time line now. this would not be the first time a summery was wrong.

zoombie

Count me as one of them. I said after the first episode, there might be a time when Providence becomes villains, while Rex and friends rebel against them, I just didn't think White Knight would be on Rex's side. Who know White Knight had a heart? I guess this also means Kenwyn, Agent 2, that Evo that hates Van Kleiss are all villians since they all work for Providence.

Dub C

Just a animation lovin' dude
Count me as one of them. I said after the first episode, there might be a time when Providence becomes villains, while Rex and friends rebel against them, I just didn't think White Knight would be on Rex's side. Who know White Knight had a heart? I guess this also means Kenwyn, Agent 2, that Evo that hates Van Kleiss are all villians since they all work for Providence.

I'm glad you brought her up. I was just thinking and hoping that the writers don't skip out on an opportunity to have Rex & her cross paths considering how 'procedure heavy' she is. Not the mention that her whole reasoning for joining Providence was out of gratitude for saving her life. Would be interesting to see if Rex could get her to defect seeing she's one of the few 'grunts' he knows.

On a side note, always awesome to hear Jennifer Hale in anything! :D

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :anime:
I enjoyed the Bobo scenes XD,Good to see White Knight,Six,and Holiday are back :anime:

King_of_doom

kiva fan
We are actually speculating what happened to everyone else like Noah and Circe. We don't know if Breach's still alive and what Van Kleiss has done over the past few months? We might see ZAG-RS making a comeback, i mean since Cesar's working for Providence they might demand him to re-built ZAG and make it something like a Sentinel to capture or destroy EVOs.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this was a pretty good episode. At first, I thought that Rex was in an alternate timeline due to how Bobo was behaving and Black Knight trusted Rex with more responsibility than White Knight did. Like others, I thought that Cesar would turn on Rex for a long time, but it wasn't like I expected. I thought he would turn on Rex after they exposed Cesar's past and how much involved he really was in the nanite event. He still seemed to have some concern for Rex when he was trying to put him under their control, but it definitely makes him more of a villain now, along with all of Providence.

I had a feeling that Six and Holiday were the ones that knocked out Rex and seeing them set up their own headquarters was pretty cool. I always thought that White Knight would become a villain, but I guess setting up a new villain works out fine in this case too. I was happily surprised that they didn't hit the reset button. I thought that that they would do that given the events from the earlier part of the episode. I also wonder what has happened with Noah in the past six months and where/when Van Kleiss is. He was probably set into the future like Rex since I think he would have caused more visible damage if he went to the past. I wonder what happened to the rest of the Pack and Breach as well. Overall, I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I like the change in the status quo and I do hope that it will prove to help develop the story and characters in this third season. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch too.

Gold Starz

"Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
I also wonder what has happened with Noah in the past six months and where/when Van Kleiss is.
My guess is that Providence will use Noah as a bargaining chip or bait in a later episode, assuming he has joined 'Anti-Providence' (that's what I'm calling it until it gets named).

Light Lucario

Staff member
My guess is that Providence will use Noah as a bargaining chip or bait in a later episode, assuming he has joined 'Anti-Providence' (that's what I'm calling it until it gets named).

That definitely sounds like a good possibility to me. I could see them using something like Noah's friendship with Rex to their advantage. If he has sided with Providence, I wonder if it would tie into why he was hired to be Rex's friend at the start of the series. It's probably far too late for the writers to do something with that information, especially when it has rarely come up since the fourth episode of the series, but if they could pull it off in a decent manner, I wouldn't mind seeing Noah forced to help Providence. It could cause some interesting tension between Noah and Rex.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts