The Toonami Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Yeah that's from the 2007 redesign. Toonami will probably never get revived. Not unless someone with fond memories of it ends up in a powerful position at Turner and even then it would probably be better for them to try to make something even better than Toonami than to attempt to bring the brand back.

There's one way I think they could potentially and successfully bring the Toonami brand back and that's by creating a new streaming website featuring exclusive dubbed anime streams and action shows from the Turner (and possibly Warner) library. We have to face the facts that anime does in fact do better on streaming services than it does on television at this point and Toonami is no stranger to streaming action cartoons for the masses so it's a natural fit. It would also be much cheaper than making a television block, it would potentially give CN's own action shows a lot more exposure than they get on the network and it's considerably easier and cheaper to get just the streaming rights to various shows. If anything does remarkably well then they could consider bringing it to Cartoon Network in some capacity.

In short I'm suggesting they bring back Toonami Jetstream but with better technology a service like Jetstream will be even better today than it was before.

Reviving a block that has been off the air for over 3 years on television isn't something CN is going to do but a streaming website isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
What sucks is for half a minute I swear I was actually hearing "Row Row Fight The Power!" in my head and then I read a few more posts and....dang..

miraimike

Yeah that's from the 2007 redesign. Toonami will probably never get revived. Not unless someone with fond memories of it ends up in a powerful position at Turner and even then it would probably be better for them to try to make something even better than Toonami than to attempt to bring the brand back.

If anime got hyper-popular again, I wouldn't put it past CN to bring Toonami right back. It's a name that's synonymous with action cartoons and anime, which means it carries power with it. I don't see them ever bringing back TOM, though. That ship has sailed. Toonami would likely just consist of some unique cue cards.

Lighthammer

Bringer of the Light

There's one way I think they could potentially and successfully bring the Toonami brand back and that's by creating a new streaming website featuring exclusive dubbed anime streams and action shows from the Turner (and possibly Warner) library. We have to face the facts that anime does in fact do better on streaming services than it does on television at this point and Toonami is no stranger to streaming action cartoons for the masses so it's a natural fit. It would also be much cheaper than making a television block, it would potentially give CN's own action shows a lot more exposure than they get on the network and it's considerably easier and cheaper to get just the streaming rights to various shows. If anything does remarkably well then they could consider bringing it to Cartoon Network in some capacity.

In short I'm suggesting they bring back Toonami Jetstream but with better technology a service like Jetstream will be even better today than it was before.

Reviving a block that has been off the air for over 3 years on television isn't something CN is going to do but a streaming website isn't out of the realm of possibility.

At this rate, I just get this feeling that the 20th anniversary of Toonami will come and all of a sudden the block will get a reboot.

it seems to be the way of things at this point!

wjbraden

Holy crap this is just too eerie... I JUST finished a one year project of making fantasy schedules from when Toonami ended in 2008 to the present. This is just too weird.

Butterstar

Bring Sakura back to the US!
Okay, guys, I'm about to fangirl uncontrollably again, but first, I'm going to write out these signs for Toonami in 2012 or 2013:

Look at that "Toonami 10 Years Recap" video. They went to the trouble to include a clip stating "Toonami is not yet finished". Possible sign of return?

At the end of the video, it says "Later", with a sign-off screen, which could be a sign of mystery for Toonami's return or something stating Toonami's ending.

Has that 2007 redesign picture ALWAYS been there? Cuz I've been through the database and never saw it before.

Why would they all of a sudden add Toonami videos and that possibly-added-recently 2007 redesign image? The video may say "10 Year Recap", but it's past Toonami's anniversary,

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Look at that "Toonami 10 Years Recap" video. They went to the trouble to include a clip stating "Toonami is not yet finished". Possible sign of return?
At the very least THAT video originally aired back on Toonami's 10th anniversary night. And I don't think anything was changed in it for this (pretty random if meaningless) repost.

Nobody²

Has that 2007 redesign picture ALWAYS been there? Cuz I've been through the database and never saw it before.

I can tell you its brand new in the database and remember Toonami ended before the first redesign so there have been no references to Toonami, until now...

Remember CN can't keep secrets....

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
Don't get your hopes up. The IT guys at CN are Toonami fans; there have been some hidden Toonami bits on the site before.

I'd love to believe. And believe me, if it's true, I've got so many smarmy things to say...

miraimike

Don't get your hopes up. The IT guys at CN are Toonami fans; there have been some hidden Toonami bits on the site before.

I'd love to believe. And believe me, if it's true, I've got so many smarmy things to say...

Like this one:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/index.html

Choose your category > Programming

Check out 'Choose a Topic:'

They must get contacted a lot about Toonami... (and about 6teen?). Gotta be a newer contact form too, since there's The Problem Solverz there.

miraimike

There's no reason for them to bring back Toonami. It is not going to happen.

No reason? That's going a little far. At this moment, there's little reason. Solid name recognition tied to a specific type of programming is reason enough if that type of programming should become popular again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts