Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

zeebre12

What original/first-run shows are left on the streaming service Boomerang and the linear channel?

Moe

I got email today.
CFEEC6D3-A27E-472F-AD6D-66BA60520F4A.png

Moe

There is bad news for H-B fans who stream on HBO Max - Here's what's coming to (and going from) HBO Max in April 2021

A lot of H-B contents will be removed by end of April.

After this news, it looks like Boomerang won't shutdown but it seems that WB tried to kill H-B cartoons for HBO Max on purpose as to make customers to subscribe Boomerang, along with HBO Max.

Of course, I'm very disappointed at WB and hopefully they don't mess with DC shows.

Disney+ rarely to have rotation, usually legacy licensing with 20th Century but rotation is more common with HBO Max. Paramount+ and Peacock, rotation is common with movies because of legacy licensing.

harry580

There is bad news for H-B fans who stream on HBO Max - Here's what's coming to (and going from) HBO Max in April 2021

A lot of H-B contents will be removed by end of April.

After this news, it looks like Boomerang won't shutdown but it seems that WB tried to kill H-B cartoons for HBO Max on purpose as to make customers to subscribe Boomerang, along with HBO Max.

Of course, I'm very disappointed at WB and hopefully they don't mess with DC shows.

Disney+ rarely to have rotation, usually legacy licensing with 20th Century but rotation is more common with HBO Max. Paramount+ and Peacock, rotation is common with movies because of legacy licensing.
damn you rights issues and the economy!!!!!!!!!!

Mandouga

it seems that WB tried to kill H-B cartoons for HBO Max on purpose as to make customers to subscribe Boomerang, along with HBO Max.

How do you figure that, or is it just speculation on your part? I don't like this either, but let's not lose our heads, here...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Moe

test

How do you figure that, or is it just speculation on your part? I don't like this either, but let's not lose our heads, here...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
I'm saying that WB is removing most H-B contents from HBO Max as attempt to push the customers to sub or re-sub Boomerang because they probably lost a lot of customers - based on other member's posts.

At beginning, I hopefully that HBO Max would have a full collection of H-B but my hope is already doomed for now.

I just stated my opinion in my post and none are fact, beside one article showed about removal of most H-B cartoons, that it.

HombreSinNombre

Forgive My Past
They sent an email offering a month for 99 cents and I was reminded how disappointing the service is. With the amount of content they have access to it's just sad what's not offered.

Moe

Yes, I noticed this now.

I learned that new, remastered episodes for Garfield 88' available on Tubi (mostly 4th season and 5th season) so I can tell that more episodes won't add on Boomerang anymore, however 1st season to 3rd season, also few 4th season are available on Boomerang, so don't know when they will expire and move to Tubi.

Moe

Yeah I saw. Seasons 4-5 were added.
Yes, 1st to 3rd episodes of Season 4 is currently on Boomerang.

I'm wonder about when streaming rights expire for Garfield on Boomerang? Their deal isn't disclosure to public.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I still feel The Casagrandes was a slipshod clone of The Loud House that didn't need to exist, but I have to admit its theme song is catchy. It's a bouncy little earworm.
there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.

Featured Posts