What kind of things do you think they'll announce at this year's Warner Bros. Discovery Upfront?

Eldorado

All I want is nothing that won't make things more disappointing than they already are now.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I doubt that there will be any major announcements regarding Cartoon Network, as much as I would like that. Any new animated project(s) coming to CN this year would have to have been in production for at least a year prior. As far as I know, there aren't any new WB cartoons that will be ready to air on CN in 2024.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Yeah, the only announcements I expect to hear from WBD will be about sports, news and live-action TV shows. I'm not expecting to get any major revelations on the general animation front. Sure, there's MeTV Toons, but reruns aren't touted at Upfronts. The only upcoming animated fare from WB is stuff we already know about (Iyanu: Child of Wonder, Invincible Fight Girl, My Adventures with Superman season 2, Velma season 1B, Harley Quinn, Tiny Toons Looniversity, The Amazing World of Gumball season 7, etc.) and out of those only TTL and the DC shows are set to come out this year.

I'd love to be proven wrong and have WBD drop some mind-blowing news our way, like a CN re-brand with a brand new lineup or concrete announcements for Coyote VS Acme or Bye Bye Bunny, but I'm not counting on it.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Not much, TBH. Last year's upfront is no better either, so I'm not expecting anything new for this year's upfront.

The only thing I think it will announced in this year's upfront was the ones that were already announced years prior to have a release date such as Invincible Fight Girl, Inyanu Child of Wonder and Fionna and Cake Season 2. Anything new and original that was announced? Very unlikely.

Who knows? Maybe I'm wrong on this and that WBD will drop some big news for CN and Max going forward, but I'm not counting on it.

Ace

Ace
I've seen talk online of that new shorts program the all new Cartoon Cartoons. I really hope something comes out of that soon as Cartoon Network really needs it right now.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
To be fair, CN, Kids and Family in general, for that matter, doesn't usually get press at the WBD Upfront; they typically get mentioned later at a separate event. Not to diminish CN's current sorry state, but I wasn't expecting any big CN news from this.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts