Whatever Did Happen To Robot Jones?

Mudplex

Few Months Ago I was watching reposted videos of robot jones over on youtube and I decided to research more about the show. And it seemed like it only ran for a year for some reason Why? Was it because they had to change robot jones voiced from the windows 98 voice to a child. What about the 2 Lost media episodes? Theres so much history and questioning about this show that i really want it to be answered

Dr.Pepper

I have no confirmation of this, but I thought I heard this show was only greenlit so they can have something to premiere the summer of 2002. I honestly don’t think CN had very much faith in it because “season 2” (which is actually the second half of the first season) came on at like 11 pm.

5YearsOnEastCoast

I have no confirmation of this, but I thought I heard this show was only greenlit so they can have something to premiere the summer of 2002. I honestly don’t think CN had very much faith in it because “season 2” (which is actually the second half of the first season) came on at like 11 pm.
Honestly I don't think CN really had much hope for the show. I mean this was one of the pilots for CN released in 2000 that kids choose which of those they want to be greenlighted and it lost to Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, but despite this it was still greenlight, tho you theory about having something to premiere in summer of 2002 doesn't sound impossible. And this show only had a 13 episode pick-up. Practically all other CN shows from that time period had a 26 episode order before the first episode even airs... except for this one. And it barely even had reruns (from what I heard it's reruns were only once on Sunday afternoons). And there was a episode gap of not releasing a new episodes for a year and it looks like it didn't air on many international channels (I don't think it ever aired anywhere in Europe). This was the worst treated CN original back then.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I did see an old commercial for “robot week” and was surprised to see they did a marathon of Dexter and Time Squad to lead up to the premiere of Robot Jones. But generally yeah it was on pretty late at night. I think I only saw this show once as a kid and thought the art style was outdated and the robot voiced main character was creepy. I know some people like the show but it just didn’t appeal to kids at the time. I don’t recall anyone at school ever once bring it up. Even Sheep in the Big City had some fans at my school…

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Take this with a grain of salt, but this should give you an indication of how little confidence Cartoon Network had in this show: according to legend, its original title was just Robot Jones but CN jokingly added the "Whatever Happened to..." part because they were that certain the show was going to end up a historical footnote.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts