"X-Men '97 (Disney+)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Dang, Rogue is mad and busting up everything in sight :eek:.

The irony being she assumes (justifiably) that the American government was behind the Sentinel attack instead of Sinister :ack:.

Also...Rider Kick :cool:!

I'm guessing Captain America shows up trying to stop her at the base after this one o_O.

reflection01

Dang, Rogue is mad and busting up everything in sight :eek:.

The irony being she assumes (justifiably) that the American government was behind the Sentinel attack instead of Sinister :ack:.

Also...Rider Kick :cool:!

I'm guessing Captain America shows up trying to stop her at the base after this one o_O.

The boot in the original promo clip seems to suggest that’s the case.

ShadowStar

My dream is the show reviving the Marvel Animated Universe for a good ten years and THEN spawning off into movies. Like in a couple years Spider-Man '98 debuts and then relaunches for Iron Man TAS, Fantastic Four TAS, and Incredible Hulk TAS (that don't suck for once). And finally some animated series for heroes in that Universe that need them like Captain America, Thor, and the Avengers, as well as perhaps a Marvel Universe show spotlighting everything else. And after these shows have run their course THEN to bring them to the big screen for a Marvel Animated Cinematic Universe.
I thought that you wanted a revival of Wolverine and the X-Men only? I believe that's what you posted a few weeks ago. Mind you, you're entitled to change your mind! :)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Not quite sure where to put this, but anyway...

From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"XBox Meets X-Men In Animated Tribute You Can’t Buy"​

Hero-X-Men-3bce24d9554714ebc663.jpg

"Someone high up at XBox is a fan of X-Men 97. The Disney+ revival of the 90s animated series (which has been excellent so far) is getting a tie-in from an unlikely place: Microsoft.

Behold the Marvel Animation’s X-Men ‘97 Custom Comic Xbox Series X. It’s a variant of the current XBox console wrapped in comic panels, and not recycled ones either: Marvel writer Rich Douek and artist Paco Diaz created two pages of story and art featuring the X-Men 97 cast fighting the Sentinels and Master Mold, just to decorate this machine.

If that wasn’t cool on its own, the console comes with ELEVEN separate controllers, each created in honor of a member of the team and decorated in their colors: Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Morph, Magneto, Jubilee, Gambit, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast and Bishop are all represented. It all sounds great, so where can you get it? ….Nowhere."

Read the full article here.

ShadowStar

I'm not happy with a handful of the VA choices in this show: Jean Grey, Bastion and President Kelly all sound very off to me. Mind you, at least it's just a handful of VA's.

Ed Nygma

I'm not happy with a handful of the VA choices in this show: Jean Grey, Bastion and President Kelly all sound very off to me. Mind you, at least it's just a handful of VA's.
Super agree. Jean sounds exactly like Felicia Hardy from Spidey '94 which is throwing me, and creating paranoid pessimistic thoughts in me that they cast Jennifer because they have zero plans to ever bring Spidey TAS back, which I would've much preferred. Bastion sounds waaaay too young and dudebro, Theo James has a cool gravelly voice that would be better suited for Cable or Deadpool, not Basty.

The characterization remains off for me. I didn't like how President Kelly is a [jerk] when he seemed to have changed his ways.

This is what I meant by pushing the bigotry allegory too far to create unnecessary obstacles for the X-Men, like the whole X-Cutioner debacle. I didn't like the analogy they were making but it made no sense that the Friends of Humanity would storm Magneto's trial, it would either be angry mutants rioting (which would be a level of ambiguity the show seems unwilling to deal with) or humans storming Graydon Creed or Gyrich's trial. They're all over the map and pushing incorrect metaphors for the sake of it but I get that stuff like this doesn't bother most people.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Info for issue #4 of the tie-in comic, out June 26.
SINISTER SECRETS COME TO LIGHT! As the X-Men gather to celebrate good news, some of their most dangerous foes show up to crash the party - and strike a deadly blow to mutant/human relations in the process! The official prelude to the hit new Disney+ TV show reaches its explosive conclusion here, setting up key plots that will play out in the seasons ahead!

With these final two issues being released after season one ends, looks like it's supposed to act as a prequel for season two as well. Since I presume they were working on that for a while before the comic.

EDIT:
Final trailer released.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
There goes the Mansion...but looks like Professor Xavier discovers his old hover chair :cool:.

Storm returns! And Wolverine and Nightcrawler face off against Prime Sentinels :eek:!

Ha! They pulled a reverse joke on the Fox movies making fun of spandex :p.

Looks like Jubilee is wearing her Oliver Coipel costume:

tumblr_lxamsoK5w11qfxwtoo1_1280.jpg

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
20240430_122119.jpg

I missed this during Villain Day yesterday.

Aw, Jean went back to the ponytail :(.

The Summers' fighting Prime Sentinels together is cool...also just kind of weird because Jean has no relationship with Cable and he seemed uncomfortable about her looking like his dead mom o_O.

I guess the fact that Maddie thought she was Jean throughout the entire pregnancy doesn't count. I'll never get used to this Maddie/Jean situation lol.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction that Disney's Mickey Mornings block ends at 12:30pm next week.
I just thought about something. Let's say, hypothetically, Adult Swim cancels Checkered Past. What do you think would happen to the classic CN shows on the block?

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal

Featured Posts