Change one thing about a cartoon

Mandouga

Hirogaru Sky Pretty Cure: I would have left out…

”Dark Cure Sky”

…completely. Despite what some “hardcore” anime fans would like to think. This show didn’t need to taunt the viewers like that (especially just to prove a point), regardless of whether or not the franchise had done it before. That, and well, you know, darkness can never defeat the light of good, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asa

For Thomas & Friends, I would have the seventh and final season of the classic era being narrated by Alex Baldwin, using original music from the UK dub.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For Avatar: The Last Airbender, I would expand Book 3 with three more episodes which would focus on Zuko's search for his mother Ursa that would take place before "Sozin's Comet" as well as having Mai and Ty Lee succeed in escaping from the Boiling Rock after betraying Azula than getting imprisoned under her orders.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For Avatar: The Legend of Korra, I would have Book 4 being a 17-episode season with a two-episode arc focusing on the Fire Nation family and expanding the finale to include a team up between the two incarnations of Team Avatar, as in having Katara, Toph and Zuko, the three surviving members of Aang's team, joining forces with Korra's team in the endgame against Kuvira's forces.

Mandouga

Personally, I would make it so that it was actually about Aang, and not Katara and her struggles with whether or not to…

get revenge for what happened to her (and Sokka’s) mother.

…to the point where I would have Book 1 be “Air”, and have it talk about what Aang was doing before he ended up in “cold storage”. I would also focus less on drama and more on telling the story. To this end, I would make it so that…

Zuko actually reforms and joins the “GAang” right away, instead of the whole predictable “betrayal/we don’t trust you” melodrama the show ended up doing.

Both this, and the focus on Katara despite the show being Aang’s story were something I felt were only done to relate to/appease/appeal to one group of viewers. The franchise had, and still has far more potential than resorting to something like that. It’s with this mind, that I would be more consistent with the show’s…”tone”, I guess you could call it. It would focus on actually telling the story and not on constantly switching back and forth between that and the “Very Special Episode” trope, especially where Toph is concerned. “Okay, she’s blind, we get it, now can we get back to the story?” That’s how I felt when I first saw it.

Overall, and more broadly, I would make it so that the show doesn’t take itself so seriously.

EDIT (3-15-24):

I didn't think that Barbie and Stacie to the Rescue was that bad, but if it was up to me, I would leave out the part where Stacie and her friend (forget her name)...

...are given "KP duty" because they suddenly "should have known better" than to go to the go-kart track by themselves.

Not only that, but I would also leave out all references to it as well.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For Young Justice, I would bring in Terry McGinnis aka Batman Beyond to the Team and would be race lifted as Eurasian since I would envision him being voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, who is of Eurasian descent himself (German-Irish American father and Korean American mother).

Mandouga

I would keep DIC’s version of Heathcliff mostly the same, but I would have the characters look more like they do in the comic strip (e.g.: Iggy is really supposed to have blond hair and wear a jacket), I would include Crazy Shirley as well as Iggy’s friend with the glasses (forget his name), and I would include a “Kitty Korner” segment like in the Sunday comics, either before the “Catillac Cats” segment, or as a replacement for the “pet care tip” segment, but I would probably have it before the “Catillac Cats”. Oh yeah, I would probably adapt more…”stories”* (for lack of a better word) from the comic strip as well.

*You see, while it’s a full comic strip on Sundays (“Sundays With Heathcliff”) on Mondays thru Saturdays, it’s a single gag panel (just like The Family Circus, Dennis the Menace [which DIC also adapted], and Marmaduke).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987), I would've done a TV film set years after the final episode that would've introduced Karai into the series.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For Star Trek: Prodigy, I would do an episode involving Q with the USS Protostar crew and for Star Wars: The Bad Batch, I would extend the flashforward epilogue of "The Calvary Has Arrived" to feature the likes of Riyo Chuchi, Dr. Karr and the four former Project Necromancer test subjects Bayrn, Eva, Sami and Jax.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
For Young Justice, I would do a miniseries occupy each gap between seasons and for X-Men: Evolution, I would do an episode that would see the X-Men teaming up with Spider-Man.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.
I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.
Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.

Featured Posts