International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Welcome to the 10th part of discussing news and posting continuities or other stuff from international Disney-branded channels.

The previous thread already reached 1000 posts.

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
I am warming up to the current new look around Europe and MENA, though I do prefer the 2019 US look, or the 2017 worldwide look

Rrr

When did Disney Channel Scandinavia fully get the rounded square era?
I don't know the exact date for it, but i believe the full rebrand with DOG and everything to have happened somewhere during Jan-Feb 2012

Here some footage from DC Scandi February 2012 (yet before the channel becomes 16:9) where you can still see the older ECP being used
Although later on this would be changed to a one in the same style with the idents used at the time (also used in the UK i think)

Actually idents with the smartphone logo were already used in 2011 even though the rebrand hadnt actually arrived yet (it was used in promos as well)

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
I read from @RegularCapital's wiki (which you should 100% check out) That Fox Kids Europe was going to change into Toon Disney?

Wonder what the UK feed would be like

RegularCapital

Staff member
I read from @RegularCapital's wiki (which you should 100% check out) That Fox Kids Europe was going to change into Toon Disney?

Wonder what the UK feed would be like

It was a proposed idea that has never been carried through, the UK already had Toon Disney, this morphed into Disney Cinemagic.

It shows that Disney wasn't entirely sure on what to do with Fox Kids.

Review Metabee

It was a proposed idea that has never been carried through, the UK already had Toon Disney, this morphed into Disney Cinemagic.

It shows that Disney wasn't entirely sure on what to do with Fox Kids.
Yeah. I always feel like the popularity of Jetix led to Disney Cinemagic.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Yeah. I always feel like the popularity of Jetix led to Disney Cinemagic.

It's a lot more indirect than that, and more to do with the direction of the way Disney Channel was going, what led to the creation of Disney Cinemagic was the need for Disney Channel to become a basic subscription channel and Disney wanted to keep a premium service. Disney Channel having its own new-found programming identity was also another factor, at the time it was making its own Disney Channel branded live-action and animated originals (cheaper) without having to depend on programming from elsewhere from Disney.

Jetix was always pretty much treated separately from the rest of Disney and has its own identity.

Disney Channel in the U.S. was already a basic channel, but Disney's majority ownership of Jetix Europe may have also convinced them to pursue the basic pay-TV market.

Review Metabee

It's a lot more indirect than that, and more to do with the direction of the way Disney Channel was going, what led to the creation of Disney Cinemagic was the need for Disney Channel to become a basic subscription channel and Disney wanted to keep a premium service. Disney Channel having its own new-found programming identity was also another factor, at the time it was making its own Disney Channel branded live-action and animated originals (cheaper) without having to depend on programming from elsewhere from Disney.

Jetix was always pretty much treated separately from the rest of Disney and has its own identity.

Disney Channel in the U.S. was already a basic channel, but Disney's majority ownership of Jetix Europe may have also convinced them to pursue the basic pay-TV market.
Isn't that why we got shows like Famous 5 on the case and As The Bell Rings?

dcbanners

I don't know the exact date for it, but i believe the full rebrand with DOG and everything to have happened somewhere during Jan-Feb 2012

Here some footage from DC Scandi February 2012 (yet before the channel becomes 16:9) where you can still see the older ECP being used
Although later on this would be changed to a one in the same style with the idents used at the time (also used in the UK i think)

Actually idents with the smartphone logo were already used in 2011 even though the rebrand hadnt actually arrived yet (it was used in promos as well)
Yeah I remember this, and a couple of months later (in May 2012) DC Scandinavia finally switched to widescreen:

I'm still a little upset though after all these years that DC Scandinavia never adopted the US look which almost every European feed did back in 2012... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrr

Francisque

Yeah I was about to point out the same thing.

Probably because it contained too much text, and that couldn't go with the Scandinavian feed that much

Walker

DJ EMEA:

dhhwuls.png

Perla Magica

Digital Love
DC Poland in November:

What's gone: Vikingskool, The Ghost and Molly McGee, So Awkward, The Owl House
What's coming back: Penny from M.A.R.S., Phineas and Ferb
New episodes: Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese, Miraculous, Big City Greens
Marathons: Miraculous along with its' specials on 11th November
Other notes: 30 airings of Miraculous and 40 airings of BGDCMC in one week! Less Ghostforce airings.

Here's full schedule:

DIS_PL_NOV_.png

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel Nordic new weekday schedule starting Monday:
Animation in Bold

06:00 101 Dalmatian Street
06:15 Phineas and Ferb
07:00 Ducktales
07:25 The Ghost & Molly McGee
07:50 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures
08:20 Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
09:10 Miraculous: Ladybug and Cat Noir
10:00 Bunk'd
11:15 Raven's Home
13:15 Phineas and Ferb
14:30 Big City Greens
15:20 Vikingskool
16:10 The Ghost & Molly McGee
16:35 Ghostforce
17:00 The Owl House
17:25 Raven's Home
18:15 Bunk'd
19:05 Secrets of Sulphur Springs
19:55 Sydney to the Max
20:45 Raven's Home
21:35 Bunk'd
22:45 Sydney to the Max
23:35 Raven's Home
01:05 Bunk'd
02:20 Big City Greens
03:05 Phineas and Ferb
03:20 Miraculous: Ladybug and Cat Noir
04:55 Phineas and Ferb
05:10 PJ Masks

The live-action and animation is actually pretty much balanced now. This is what we needed after Disney XD was shut down. It was a slow progress as DC didn't give good treatment of animated shows in the first half of this year. Executive told me that there will be more animation and he kept his word!

One thing though, a lot of times animated shows air when people are either at school or are sleeping. Early mornings and later afternoons animation can be watched, however for just a few hours. This needs some fixing and needs better timeslots after 5p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.

Featured Posts