"Secret Life of Pets 2" News & Discussion Thread

Dr.Pepper

I forgot this was going to be a thing. I haven’t heard anything about since it was first announced, so I thought it was canceled.

JTOONSAnimation

I knew this was happening, but I know they put details on the project quiet after the Louis CK sexual allegations

MegasMilo379

Finally.
Well, it was still happening soon after the first film became a big hit, so it didn't surprise me one bit that a sequel is coming.
Sure, a new voice actor for Max had to come in after... you know, but hey, that is just one person/character that wasn't going to change course for the worse. So here's hope this sequel also becomes a big hit (expected but still).

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
So yeah...this is actually happening.

Indeed it is. And honestly...I really don't think we need it. I found the trailer to be quite lame. What's the plot? The pets go to the vet? I thought the first movie was kind of a disaster, and unfortunately this looks about the same. "We start fires" was the only thing here that got a slight smile out of me.

Also, it's weird having Max not be voiced by Louie C.K. Not that I miss him...

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Honestly I got a kick out of the "we burn things" line from the cats.

I dunno why people think it's cool to diss Illumination. Yes the minions can be annoying but this studio still puts alot of effort into their work. Sing! Was great and Grinch looks good. The first Secret Life of Pets was just average but this overall these movies are harmless and looks like it could be a mildly entertaining way to kill some time.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I enjoyed the first film, and after seeing this teaser, it doesn't look too bad, either.
We'll see how it goes.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I wouldn't say the first movie was awful, but I found it genuinely unfunny. The movie made so much money, of course it gets a sequel, so that in and of itself it not all surprising. Based on quality though..not so much.

Dudley

Staff member
Illumination movies are not worth paying to see in theaters.
I will watch this on Netflix when it’s available. I actually kind of like the first film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
I will watch this on Netflix when it’s available. I actually kind of like the first film.

In fairness one could argue no film is worth paying to see in theaters with the ever climbing price of tickets and the ridiculous price of concessions, good lord are concession prices ridiculously high! I mean I know that's how the theater's make most of their money but c'mon! Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if theaters went belly-up all together in another 10-20 years or so if enough people get tired of the pricing.:shame:

MegasMilo379

Finally.
I will watch this on Netflix when it’s available.
I can agree with this.

In fairness one could argue no film is worth paying to see in theaters with the ever climbing price of tickets and the ridiculous price of concessions, good lord are concession prices ridiculously high!
I agree here too.

I'm usually a matinee man when it comes to seeing the movies in their initial screenings (and it's rare I do this too). Tickets are much cheaper then of course. And I've never bought snacks from the concession stand; usually from the dollar store.
No matter what rules they places on things like this, won't stop me from raking in cheaper-priced, better-taste outside food over their high-priced, mid-quality snacks.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
In fairness one could argue no film is worth paying to see in theaters with the ever climbing price of tickets and the ridiculous price of concessions, good lord are concession prices ridiculously high! I mean I know that's how the theater's make most of their money but c'mon! Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if theaters went belly-up all together in another 10-20 years or so if enough people get tired of the pricing.:shame:

Some definitely are, but I would say Life of Pets was definitely not worth price of full admission.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Hollywood in general has been in this odd phase of comedy that you can just as easily get from a network sitcom. Illumination should be doing tv like DWA is.

Dudley

Staff member
I only see movies in matinee during a weekday to avoid crowds. And I NEVER get food at concessions. I once bought a regular size water bottle at a theater for $7!
When I see films with my sister, she usually sneaks snacks in.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Tara Strong is voicing some minor characters.

Apparently, according to the official trailer, Katie (Max's owner) has a child now.

EDIT: According to the film's synopsis on Animation Magazine, she does!
Terrier Max (Patton Oswalt) is coping with some major life changes. His owner (Ellie Kemper) is now married and has a toddler, Liam. Max is so worried about protecting the boy that he develops a nervous tic. On a family trip to a farm, Max and mutt Duke (Eric Stonestreet) encounter canine-intolerant cows, hostile foxes and a terrifying turkey, all of which only elevates Max’s anxiety. Luckily, Max gets some guidance from veteran farm dog Rooster (Harrison Ford, making his animated film debut), who pushes Max to ditch his neuroses, find his inner alpha, and give Liam a little more freedom.

Meanwhile, while her owner is away, plucky Pomeranian Gidget (Jenny Slate) tries to rescue Max’s favorite toy from a cat-packed apartment with a little help from her feline friend, Chloe (Lake Bell), who has discovered the joys of catnip. And crazy-but-cute bunny Snowball (Kevin Hart) gets delusions of grandeur after his owner Molly starts dressing him in superhero pajamas. But when Daisy (Tiffany Haddish), a fearless Shih Tzu, shows up to ask for Snowball’s help on a dangerous mission, he’ll have to summon the courage to become the hero he’s only been pretending to be.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts