SpongeBob SquarePants Series TalkBack Thread Part 2 (Spoilers)

kanc

So, for the past 4 weeks including this week, SpongeBob airing from 4pm-5:30pm were airing as part of SpongeBob Loves... [theme] every week

Apr 8 - SpongeBob Loves ... Jellyfishing
Apr 15 - SpongeBob Loves ... The Krusty Krab
Apr 22 - SpongeBob Loves ... His Friends
Apr 29 - SpongeBob Loves ... Gary

As of next week it's back to normal.

kanc

Saving Bikini Bottom will officially release netflix on Fri Aug 2!

wiley207

SpongeBob and Patrick will host the 2024 Kids Choice Awards.
Oh geez, part of my April Fool's Day post from this year came true! They may as well name it the SpongeBob Awards now, given SpongeBob always wins the Blimp Award for Favorite Cartoon. In fact, I'm betting one reason why Nickelodeon keeps SpongeBob going is so the show can win the same award every single year!

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Nickelodeon Announces Events for "SpongeBob SquarePants" 25th Anniversary"​

Spongebob.jpg

"Nickelodeon has announced events for the 25th anniversary of SpongeBob SquarePants, running all year and beyond. The festivities will kick off with SpongeBob SquarePants (voiced by Tom Kenny) and Patrick Star (voiced by Bill Fagerbakke) hosting the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2024, live from Bikini Bottom. Airing Saturday, July 13th, at 8 P.M. (ET/PT), this will mark the first time animated characters will host a full-length awards show.

Kids’ Choice Awards 2024 is premiering just ahead of the anniversary of the series, which officially premiered on July 17th, 1999, and will take place in an animated setting through enhanced graphics and advanced augmented reality, simulcasting across Nickelodeon, TeenNick, Nicktoons and Nick Jr."

Read the full article here.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Apparently, the CGI version of Sweet Victory that played at the Super Bowl this year was storyboarded by Brandon Warren. I think he was a storyboard director on Kamp Koral.

Mejo

I am The Hunter! *blows horn*
Oh geez, part of my April Fool's Day post from this year came true! They may as well name it the SpongeBob Awards now, given SpongeBob always wins the Blimp Award for Favorite Cartoon. In fact, I'm betting one reason why Nickelodeon keeps SpongeBob going is so the show can win the same award every single year!
While I do think there there IS some bias in the KCA’s, I think that the reason as to why SpongeBob keeps winning every year is not really due to Nick rigging it per se, but more due to how popular SpongeBob is. People keep forgetting that some of their other winners are usually for other studios outside of Viacom owned properties (ESPECIALLY last year), which wouldn’t make sense if the awards WERE rigged by Viacom.

Not to mention the fact that Fairy Odder, despite the fact it was removed from Paramount+ and Nickelodeon’s website, won last year. If the awards really were rigged, the award would go to The Really Loud House and Fairy Odder wouldn’t even get a mention. This alone proves that there is SOME legitimacy to the votes.

I do agree with you that it’s absurd how many time SpongeBob has won a KCD though.

kanc

SpongeBob celebration will be on vidcon 2024, in honor of 25th anniversary in June 26-June 29.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.

Featured Posts