The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

stephane dumas

There was a british band formed by Raymond Froggatt who did a song named "Callow-la-vita" who wasn't successeful but however, the Dave Clark Band decided to do a cover version named "The Red Balloon" who was more successeful.

That song was also adapted in French by Marie Lafôret under the title "Que Calor la vida".

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
First promo for the Premier League on Sky Sports from 1992.

I remember when Roman Kemp used this to conclude his show on Capital Radio during 2020-21.

stephane dumas

This is one of the songs that plays in the Wayside flash game Top of the Class by Nelvana. The image has missing titles because I couldn't play the game and it looked like that in the files for some reason. I also couldn't find any footage/mention of this game anywhere.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Wow, just....wow. UPN really thought this was a good idea.
I mean, they thought a lot of things were good ideas, but....this?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
This video has several first-hand accounts of what it was like to work on Foodfight. Not pleasant, as you might imagine: The main problem: the head of the company had no talent but believed he created the moon, and constantly micromanaged everyone, changing his mind every day on what each shot should look like. He reminds me of John K only with even less talent.

The common belief that a better version of this movie was stolen in a break-in is disproved by the employees, who say they never saw such a thing happen. More likely the studio head started the rumor himself because the truth was more embarrassing.

Also Berke Breathed is involved in the beginning of this (but not interviewed). The head wanted to get the rights to Bloom County so he could make another Foodfight with comic strip characters instead.

stephane dumas

The song "Love Hurts" who was first performed by the Everly Brothers was completely eclipsed by the cover done by the rock band Nazareth.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Orson Welles did the narration for the 1976 trailer of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope.

One of Jon Bon Jovi's earliest songs was "R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas", which was recorded for Meco's 1980 album Christmas in the Stars: Star Wars Christmas Album.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Oh my, No sooner do I post that Foodfight thing than a workprint circa 2005 appears online. Since just about every shot was revised over and over, there should be a lot of differences....if you want to brave watching this thing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts