Voice Actors in live action roles

DocForbin

I can add to the list:

Cree Summer, who has done many cartoon voice work, was on the sitcom "A Different World".

Bob Bergen, who filled the voice work of some Looney Tunes characters after Mel Blanc's death, was the host of the Jeopardy! kid spin off "JEP!" aired on Game Show Network 1998-1999.
Cree's father Don Francks did quite a bit of live acting as well as voice acting himself.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Bob Bergen, who filled the voice work of some Looney Tunes characters after Mel Blanc's death, was the host of the Jeopardy! kid spin off "JEP!" aired on Game Show Network 1998-1999.
I mentioned Bergen working on Jep! in an earlier thread. I actually got noticed by him (just saying).

Another Heather North credential: "The Prince and the Paupers" episode of The Monkees. "The Monkee's Paw", meanwhile, featured Hans Conried.

Kevin Michael Richardson has had some on-screen roles, he played 'Vashti' on the short-lived comedy, 'Homeboys in Outer Space' (1996-97) and the character 'Ed Ward' on 'Like Family' (2003-04) The only video I could find on the latter is dubbed in Portuguese Brazil.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Big Time Rush could essentially be considered full of this given that the creator, Scott Fellows, worked on the Fairly Odd Parents. The specifics include Daran Norris as Buddha Bob, Tara Strong as Ms. Collins, and Phil LaMarr as Hawk. For some guest appearances, we have Dee Bradley Baker as Mr. Smitty in Big Time School Of Rocque, Rob Paulsen as Mel Sellman (I think from a season 3 episode), and Trevor Devall playing the villain in the 2012 tv movie.

Stumpos

In general, Daran Norris has done quite a bit of on camera work as well like playing Gordy in Ned's Disclassified and Cliff on Veronica Mars.

April Winchell played Karen in Time of Your Life.

Carlos Alazraqui as Deputy Garcia in Reno 911

Grey Griffin played Ms Kaminsky on That 70s Show's Prom Night

Comic Book the Movie in general had lots of professional VAs in on camera roles like Billy West and Jess Harnell

Tress MacNeille played Lucy in one of Weird Al's music videos in the early 1980s:
Joe Alaskey played Beano Froelich in Out of This World during the late 1980s before becoming one of Mel Blanc's most well known successors:
And let's not forget the king of all of this, Mark Hamill who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars

Low Spark of Lyman

Hal Smith and Howard Morris, both of whom appeared in many Disney and Hanna-Barbera productions (including Winnie the Pooh and The Flintstones), had recurring roles in The Andy Griffith Show (as Otis Campbell and Ernest T. Bass, respectively).

Ronnie Schell- who later had several Hanna-Barbera credentials, as well as Battle of the Planets- is best known for the role of Duke Slater on Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.; he also starred in Good Morning World.

hobbyfan

Hal Smith and Howard Morris, both of whom appeared in many Disney and Hanna-Barbera productions (including Winnie the Pooh and The Flintstones), had recurring roles in The Andy Griffith Show (as Otis Campbell and Ernest T. Bass, respectively).

Ronnie Schell- who later had several Hanna-Barbera credentials, as well as Battle of the Planets- is best known for the role of Duke Slater on Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.; he also starred in Good Morning World.

And later did some Wesson commercials with Florence Henderson, and guest starred on the original Saved by The Bell as a rival school principal.

Jerry Dexter (Josie & The Pussycats, Goober & The Ghost Chasers, Shazzan, et al) got some face time on Gomer Pyle, USMC, among other places. His lone Filmation credit was as Aqualad (1967).

Low Spark of Lyman

More Mayberry connection:

Sterling Holloway, known for playing Winnie the Pooh and other Disney characters, had many live action roles, including this:
Allan Melvin, known to the animation world for playing Magilla Gorilla, and was one of the voices for Popeye's Bluto and Wimpy, he appeared as...well, why don't I just quote Wikipedia:

"various characters on The Andy Griffith Show, as real estate salesman Pete Dudley in My Favorite Martian, as Corporal Henshaw on The Phil Silvers Show, Sergeant Hacker on Gomer Pyle, USMC, Alice's boyfriend Sam the Butcher on The Brady Bunch, and as Archie Bunker's friend Barney Hefner on both All in the Family and Archie Bunker’s Place."

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Harry Shearer, Lauren Tom, Dan Castellaneta and Elizabeth Daily have appeared in Friends, most notably Tom playing Ross' then-girlfriend Julie and Daily playing Phoebe's ex-singing partner.

GrantM

Harry Shearer, Lauren Tom, Dan Castellaneta and Elizabeth Daily have appeared in Friends, most notably Tom playing Ross' then-girlfriend Julie and Daily playing Phoebe's ex-singing partner.
Funny you bring up E.G Daily cause I only just found out she did 2 songs for the Scarface soundtrack (which I first heard in GTA 3) and showed up in quite a number of TV shows/movies. Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Streets Of Fire I learned she was in

hobbyfan

Joe Alaskey, the 518's gift to the voice acting business, was also Marc Summers' announcer/sidekick on Couch Potatoes, a one season game show produced by Haim Saban.

Shavar Ross, who, like Danny Cooksey, got his start on Diff'rent Strokes, worked on the 1982 animated version of Mork & Mindy (1 season bomb).

DocForbin

Funny you bring up E.G Daily cause I only just found out she did 2 songs for the Scarface soundtrack (which I first heard in GTA 3) and showed up in quite a number of TV shows/movies. Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Streets Of Fire I learned she was in

Let's not forget she had a big hit with "Say It, Say It" as well.

GrantM

Let's not forget she had a big hit with "Say It, Say It" as well.
Well I wouldn't say it was big. I looked it up and it only got to number 70 on the Billboard Hot 100, but it did top the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart.........theres so many Billboard charts it's hard to tell whats a success outside of the Hot 100 and whats not

Oh and theres a music video

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts