A Loud House Christmas Live Action Movie News and Discussion Thread

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster

The US Fox network is owned by this corporation. It is trying to expand the amount of series from non-Disney studios on its network. Call Me Kat is a WB production for example.
Great, but that doesn't mean that Viacom is going to share The Loud House with FOX, or any other network for that matter.

Here's how it works: Viacom owns Nickelodeon, they also own The Loud House, which airs exclusively on Nickelodeon. TLH is currently one of Nick's most popular and profitable IPs, Viacom is not going to farm out one of their biggest IPs to another network so a company that they don't own can make money off of it; they prefer to keep their properties (and profits) in-house.

That's like expecting to see SpongeBob or Dora on FOX, it's not going to happen, Disney or no Disney.

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Not everything has to be corporate-exclusive. This also true in streaming, where all the major media conglomerate-owned streamers have shows owned by other conglomerates on them (both archive and currently running).

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
You're not going to see The Loud House on FOX, friendo, live-action or otherwise. I can see you really want this to happen, but it's not. The information is out there, you've just got to look for it.

But I think we're straying a bit off-topic now; we should get back to discussing the Christmas special.

PF9

Look, I just want this movie to be a backdoor pilot for an actual live-action sitcom.

Oftentimes, a stand-alone TV movie or mini-series is so successful it leads to a full-blown TV series. As an example, the first season of Dallas was intended to be a one-off mini-series. But it was so successful it ran for 13 full seasons after that.

This is how successful I hope this movie will be.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Look, I just want this movie to be a backdoor pilot for an actual live-action sitcom.

Oftentimes, a stand-alone TV movie or mini-series is so successful it leads to a full-blown TV series. As an example, the first season of Dallas was intended to be a one-off mini-series. But it was so successful it ran for 13 full seasons after that.

This is how successful I hope this movie will be.
The difference between that and this is that Dallas wasn't owned by one of CBS' competitors and that there wasn't already a Dallas animated series running concurrently on another network. And even if that were to happen, FOX isn't where such a series would air because FOX doesn't own The Loud House nor does it have any working business relationship with ViacomCBS. It would likely be on Paramount+, since 2 Loud House shows airing on Nickelodeon would be confusing.

Also, does anyone know why this film is airing on Netflix rather than on Paramount+?

Last edited:

PF9

The difference between that and this is that Dallas wasn't owned by one of CBS' competitors and that there wasn't already a Dallas animated series running concurrently on another network.

Also, does anyone know why this film is airing on Netflix rather than on Paramount+?
Every major broadcast network airs shows that they don't own. Every big 4 network airs shows from Warner Bros. (such as Young Sheldon on CBS), whose parent company doesn't own any major broadcast network outright. It only owns half of The CW, with CBS owning the other half. Every Big 4 network also has shows from Sony (such as The Good Doctor on ABC), which doesn't have any ownership stake in a major US network. And The CW airs quite a bit of scripted shows during the summer that are owned neither by CBS nor WB.

And no, the movie is on P+. You're thinking of the animated movie which is on Netflix.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Every major broadcast network airs shows that they don't own. Every big 4 network airs shows from Warner Bros. (such as Young Sheldon on CBS), whose parent company doesn't own any major broadcast network outright. It only owns half of The CW, with CBS owning the other half. Every Big 4 network also has shows from Sony (such as The Good Doctor on ABC), which doesn't have any ownership stake in a major US network. And The CW airs quite a bit of scripted shows during the summer that are owned neither by CBS nor WB.

And no, the movie is on P+. You're thinking of the animated movie which is on Netflix.
You do know that The CW is a joint ownership by CBS Entertainment and Warner Media., right? That's what the initials CW stand for.

In any case, there are no currently no plans to spin this movie off into a series, and therefore no network has been announced for said series that doesn't exist, so it's pointless to be debating this.

PF9

In any case, there are no currently no plans to spin this movie off into a series, and therefore no network has been announced for said series that doesn't exist, so it's pointless to be debating this.
No plans, yet. Key word: "yet". If this movie is successful, Nick should ride its success into a full-blown series.

Nick had never made a full-fledged live-action series from one of its Nicktoons before, mainly because most of them are not grounded in reality. That changed when FOP got one for P+, and TLH, which is very much grounded in reality, could be next, depending on how this movie goes. Because it, unlike shows like SpongeBob, is grounded in reality, TLH could very much work as a live-action sitcom.

Before plans can be made for a live-action sitcom, this movie has to do well in the ratings on Nick and be heavily streamed on P+.

And believe me, I want this movie to succeed. TLH needs more spin-offs in general, because we all know that the Loudverse needs to become Nick's top property. Time to knock SpongeBob off its throne.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
No plans, yet. Key word: "yet". If this movie is successful, Nick should ride its success into a full-blown series.

Nick had never made a full-fledged live-action series from one of its Nicktoons before, mainly because most of them are not grounded in reality. That changed when FOP got one for P+, and TLH, which is very much grounded in reality, could be next, depending on how this movie goes. Because it, unlike shows like SpongeBob, is grounded in reality, TLH could very much work as a live-action sitcom.

Before plans can be made for a live-action sitcom, this movie has to do well in the ratings on Nick and be heavily streamed on P+.

And believe me, I want this movie to succeed. TLH needs more spin-offs in general, because we all know that the Loudverse needs to become Nick's top property. Time to knock SpongeBob off its throne.
Well, all right-y then. I guess that I don't have to ask if you're a fan. ;)

Personally, I'll be skipping this. The Loud House hasn't been interesting since after season 2, when the series started to lose it's focus. The film's producers did a good job of replicating the look of the house and the characters. I'll give them that, but I have no interest in seeing any of this show's new material. I haven't watched TLH in quite a while, and this movie isn't going to bring me back. However, this looks like it may be treat for what loyal fans The Loud House still has. If you still still enjoy the show, I hope this film won't be a disappointment for you.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Woah ..... anyway....
I was interested in this movie since they announced it last year. I think it might be a fun time. I think they a good job on the sets and costumes. Of any Nicktoon this would be the easiest show to make into live-action.

kanc

Episode 6 Loud House Christmas behind the scenes, in which Nick didn't air on TV at all

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Catherine Taber, the voice actress for Lori Loud and Katherine Mulligen, will reprise her role as the latter for A Loud House Christmas. She's the second voice actor from the show to reprise the role, the first being Brian Stepanek as Lynn Loud Sr.

Here's a sneak peek.

Last edited:

zoombie

This does feel like the world of the Loud House transformed into live action. Something I can't say for those Fairly Odd Parrents movie.

I am glad they kept Brian as Lynn Sr., he is better known as a live action actor, he was Irwin in Suite Life of Zack and Cody, he can do this.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The movie seems to have a limited commercial premiere since it's running from 7:00-8:18, and then a new Loud House episode right afterwards. The movie will be shown again at 8:30, but because it's going into Nick At Nite, it'll end at 10:00.

Eurbane

I like the movie, ron chible is a true hunter, Lincoln and Clyde are the true heroes. We got the climatic chase of the sharkodile more worser than the corcagator, lynn Sr got sprapayed with lisa’s chemicals and goes crazy. That movie was great. I wonder if the loud girls will look they were in movie in the future.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts