"Be Cool Scooby Doo" News & Discussion Thread

TFormersMarvel

@TFormersMarvel, where did you find those images? The second one looks like it's from the CN Video site, but BCSD isn't on there. BoomerangGo.com isn't updated, either.
Honestly, I just got them from another forum about this show (from user DemonSharkKisame) on TVTropes (make of what you will). I make have to ask the person for a source later.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=14069234840A83799400&page=3

Someone made a comparison of the designs to the likes of Jay Ward.

wiley207

Nice promo, but we still don't know who came up with those character designs. Unlike with "Wabbit," Warner has kept that information regarding "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo" under wraps... and now I'm sure it was not Jessica Borutski. (Imagine if she DID redesign the Scooby gang.)

RegularCapital

Staff member
Here's the UK teaser promo for Be Cool, Scooby-Doo which will premiere on Sunday 4th October as part of October Dooby-Doo! month.

Additional clips are in the Autumn preview promo.

TFormersMarvel

Here's the UK teaser promo for Be Cool, Scooby-Doo which will premiere on Sunday 4th October as part of October Dooby-Doo! month.

Additional clips are in the Autumn preview promo.

Boomerang UK Announcer:
"Scooby and the gang are back! But not quite as we remember..."

Geez, sounds like an unintentionally hilarious lampshade of most people reaction to this series. I'm assuming the blue-background scenes are apart of the show's intro? Wonder if it's going to have an original theme or a remix/modernized of the "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?" one?

Either way, the clips are appreciated.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
Just thought I'd make a note on this, I heard Kate Micucci's Velma in a Lego Scooby-Doo clip and she's not bad. She actually sounds quite a bit like Mindy. I was worried we'd get another Murla Frumkin or B.J. Ward. But I think she'd make a good Velma if Mindy were to ever resign from the role and they'd need someone to voice her regularly. Though someone said Linda Cardelinni was already next in line. Just thought I'd put in my two cents on that.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
According to this link, it appears Philippines-based Tycoon Animation (who also worked on Rick & Morty, Curious George 3, and the upcoming Lion Guard film) will be doing the animation.

Scrappy-Fan92

Just thought I'd make a note on this, I heard Kate Micucci's Velma in a Lego Scooby-Doo clip and she's not bad. She actually sounds quite a bit like Mindy. I was worried we'd get another Murla Frumkin or B.J. Ward. But I think she'd make a good Velma if Mindy were to ever resign from the role and they'd need someone to voice her regularly. Though someone said Linda Cardelinni was already next in line. Just thought I'd put in my two cents on that.
I'm still wondering why WB felt the need to replace Cohn. Is Cohn becoming less available?

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
Who knows? Jinkies! But again, since Cohn is still voicing Velma in DTVs and video games it may have been just for the series and that Lego thing. But you could be right.

But on the other hand, I did read on imdb that they were considering having someone else besides Frank Welker voice Fred as well, but when the guy they had in mind wasn't available, they decided to go with Welker after all. So I guess maybe the decision was on the writer's end.

Though it could have been on Mindy's end too. Maybe she's had some negative thoughts on this series. I don't know. Just giving a few theories on what could have happened there.

TFormersMarvel

What? Fred Jones voiced by somebody else? Perish the thought! Not since A Pup Named Scooby-Doo have we had somebody else voice him.
I'm pretty sure Frank Welker is still doing Fred, unless they redubbed his vocals with an impersonator (which makes no sense since Welker does double duty as Scooby) .
I couldn't find the higher quality version posted awhile back, but this clip features Fred having practically the same vocals as usual.

RegularCapital

Staff member
I'm pretty sure Frank Welker is still doing Fred, unless they redubbed his vocals with an impersonator (which makes no sense since Welker does double duty as Scooby) .
I couldn't find the higher quality version posted awhile back, but this clip features Fred having practically the same vocals as usual.
The high quality version I recorded was taken down due to a Turner USA copyright strike at the beginning of the year, most likely due to Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo footage being "leaked" out too early, the UK promo was subsequently changed and excluding the Wabbit and BCSD footage. I have no problems with Turner EMEA and they're aware of my YouTube account, Turner USA was the problem.

Anyway, here's a link to a higher quality version of that promo, I could reupload it to YouTube again as my copyright strike has expired.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io0jzs7nrcbu04m/Boomerang2015Preview.avi?dl=0

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
I think I may have been misquoted here. I said having someone else voice Fred has been considered, according to imdb.com, but it hasn't happened.
Again, from what I hear the main reason they didn't was because the guy they were going to get to voice wasn't available so they went with Frank anyway.

Overall, I do agree with the above posts. You'd think that Frank would be the last one they'd consider recasting since not only does he do double duty as Fred and Scooby, but he's the only one we have left from the days of the original series. But in many ways Frank and Fred are sort of both the glue that hold the Scooby gang together. Lol.

Jared DiCarlo

I think I may have been misquoted here. I said having someone else voice Fred has been considered, according to imdb.com, but it hasn't happened.
Again, from what I hear the main reason they didn't was because the guy they were going to get to voice wasn't available so they went with Frank anyway.

Overall, I do agree with the above posts. You'd think that Frank would be the last one they'd consider recasting since not only does he do double duty as Fred and Scooby, but he's the only one we have left from the days of the original series. But in many ways Frank and Fred are sort of both the glue that hold the Scooby gang together. Lol.
I didn't misquote you, I was just reacting with shock at hearing that story about the producers considering replacing Welker.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
I see. Yeah. It surprises me too since Welker has been the only staple of the Scooby series. (Casey Kasem was a different story since even before his retirement/death, he's sort of been on and off as Shaggy.) I thought Welker was sort of contracted to voice Fred for as long as he was able, sort of like June Foray is with Granny. But he was voiced by Carl Stevens on "A Pup Named Scooby Doo," but since he was doing a younger Freddy, the character was supposed to sound different. Why they considered recasting him on this one-- well, I guess they were planning to change a lot of things which is presumably the most likely reason for recasting Velma for this series. I guess only the Warner Bros. staff knows for sure what's going on with this. Plus imdb info isn't always correct, so you never know.

Scrappy-Fan92

I see. Yeah. It surprises me too since Welker has been the only staple of the Scooby series. (Casey Kasem was a different story since even before his retirement/death, he's sort of been on and off as Shaggy.) I thought Welker was sort of contracted to voice Fred for as long as he was able, sort of like June Foray is with Granny. But he was voiced by Carl Stevens on "A Pup Named Scooby Doo," but since he was doing a younger Freddy, the character was supposed to sound different. Why they considered recasting him on this one-- well, I guess they were planning to change a lot of things which is presumably the most likely reason for recasting Velma for this series. I guess only the Warner Bros. staff knows for sure what's going on with this. Plus imdb info isn't always correct, so you never know.
Kasem was mostly present for Scooby-Doo from 1969-2009, barring one show and four direct-to-video-movies, so he was more or less a staple too. As for the (alleged) possibility of Welker being replaced as Fred, Warner Bros. has shown precedent for replacing actors for characters with still active predecessors (see: all of the Looney Tunes characters) for one reason or another.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.

Featured Posts