"Deadpool & Wolverine" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"First Ten Minutes Of Deadpool & Wolverine Revealed"​

8ds5jidv.jpg

"Can you believe The Walt Disney Conglom-O screened entire cross-sections of upcoming films for the audience at CinemaCon this week — and NONE of it has leaked out? They’re getting better at catching the cell phone cameras…which is unfortunate for the rest of us. A full 35 minutes of Inside Out 2 were shown off there, but no one’s even written down what they saw. There ARE, however, detailed descriptions for what took place in the ten minute screening of Deadpool & Wolverine.

Obviously, what we’re about to discuss is full of spoilers. The following paragraphs will tell you EXACTLY how the film starts — though we could actually get more specific than this but can’t because a lot of Deadpool’s dirty dialogue can’t be repeated on this site verbatim."

Read the full article here.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Art of the Movie book provides a new synopsis.
After some professional disappointments and an ongoing midlife crisis, Wade Wilson now sells used cars. He’s completely hung up his boots until his family, friends, and whole world are threatened.

With everyone he loves at risk, DP teams up with a reluctant Wolverine to fight for their survival and ultimately, their legacy.

Ed Nygma

I kind of want to see cameos of all the 2000s characters they can fit in, but this doesn't seem to be the best place for it as they'll make fun of everyone. I don't want Daredevil 2003 essentially just reduced to a joke about how dumb it is. And at the same time, how exciting will Secret Wars possibly be now that they've already returned anybody people remotely cared about from the previous Marvel movies?

And this is not the time or place for it, so forgive me for being slightly off topic, but I have no interest in seeing James Marsden in there. I never liked his Cyclops but after some of his actions were mentioned in the Nickelodeon documentary, I don't want to spend one second thinking about him now.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I could be wrong but the way they phrased it in the trailer of "this Wolverine let his world die" makes it feel like though this is Hugh Jackman this isn't the specific Wolverine from like the regular X-Men movies but rather a different variant, probably another reason why he's in the yellow suit. And yeah the last trailer was a tease of some multi verse shennigans but obviously this one had to focus on Wolverine actually being in the movie and i am glad we got that. His interactions with Wade were good especially the "or do I have to wait for the third act flashback" and Wolvie just smiling some as Wade pulls out the gun to his temple. And yeah pretty clear they're leaning hard on the R here with even the trailer pulling out the swearing blood and probably funniest part cocaine references with Wade pointing out "that's like the one thing Feige said we can't do." Plus hey Cassandra Nova is actually shown and she looks pretty cool though guess we'll only know her deal in the movie. I do hope there isn't another trailer as these two worked without really giving that much away and honestly cuts of them would be fine playing for the next like 3 months before the film comes out.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I could be wrong but the way they phrased it in the trailer of "this Wolverine let his world die" makes it feel like though this is Hugh Jackman this isn't the specific Wolverine from like the regular X-Men movies but rather a different variant, probably another reason why he's in the yellow suit.
Yeah, at first I thought it was a reference to the incident that takes place before Logan but then remembered that was Xavier, not Wolverine, that killed a lot of people.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Deadpool And Wolverine Full Trailer Is Strange And Sweary"​

d-and-w.jpg

"Marvel promised yesterday they would give us a new Deadpool And Wolverine trailer in 24 hours — and they kept that promise. Due to gratuitous F-bombs, you probably can’t play this during work, unless you have a cool boss.

This trailer reveals the villain –though it doesn’t state their name. The woman with the bald head is actually Cassandra Nova, twin sister of Charles Xavier who is, of course, evil. I would go into how Nova came to be, but the circumstances are pretty darn absurd and I doubt they’ll be kept intact for the theatrical version….

….then again, this is Deadpool and they might just leave it all in just for laughs. The thing about Nova is that Xavier never knew he had a twin sister until she literally sprang out of him. She’s SO evil that she attempted to kill him in utero, but Fetal Xavier overpowered Nova and killed her instead — or so he thought. She was just absorbed into his body where her consciousness remained, dormant for decades, until the day it became powerful enough to produce its own host."

Read the full article here.

Frontier

Staff member
Of course he recruits Wolverine in a bar :p.

Sleeveless Wolverine :D!

Of course we had got a Wolverine vs Deadpool fight :cool:.

Cassandra Nova seems to be having fun :rolleyes2:.

Ant-Man helmet cave ;).

I wonder when the cowl shows up :confused:.
Yeah, at first I thought it was a reference to the incident that takes place before Logan but then remembered that was Xavier, not Wolverine, that killed a lot of people.
I guess potentially Logan blames himself for not being able to do anything to save Charles :ack:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.

Featured Posts