MeTV Toons Network to Launch as a Collaboration Between Weigel Broadcasting and Warner. Bros Discovery - Launching on June 25th

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
If they did theoretically add more modern shows, I’d imagine they’d skew towards a more adult-ish crowd given the target demographic (though not TOO adult, unless it aired later at night)

Imagine if they got Simpsons, Family Guy, and even Bob’s Burgers since they’re in broadcast syndication. Will probably never happen, but just imagine.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Imagine if they got Simpsons, Family Guy, and even Bob’s Burgers since they’re in broadcast syndication. Will probably never happen, but just imagine.
I'd rather not.

I feel that MeTV Toons' purpose is to air classic cartoons that don't air all over the place. ESPECIALLY shows that haven't aired anywhere for decades. The shows you mentioned would be the LAST things they'd ever put on the channel, and honestly, they don't need to be on that channel.

At all.

Seriously, putting The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, or Bob's Burgers on MeTV Toons is the equivalent of putting Friends, The Big Bang Theory, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, or The Goldbergs on MeTV. It's unnecessary and doesn't mesh well with the rest of the lineup, not to mention it'll disappoint a majority of the channel's viewers.

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
I'd rather not.

I feel that MeTV Toons' purpose is to air classic cartoons that don't air all over the place. ESPECIALLY shows that haven't aired anywhere for decades. The shows you mentioned would be the LAST things they'd ever put on the channel, and honestly, they don't need to be on that channel.

At all.

Seriously, putting The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, or Bob's Burgers on MeTV Toons is the equivalent of putting Friends, The Big Bang Theory, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, or The Goldbergs on MeTV. It's unnecessary and doesn't mesh well with the rest of the lineup, not to mention it'll disappoint a majority of the channel's viewers.
I wouldn't mind that much if they somehow managed to pick up some former WB Network animated shows like Mission Hill, Baby Blues, or Oblongs

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
MeTV Toons is a network aimed toward older audiences, particularly Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials.

This is not a children's network at all, though kids can watch it if they want.

The folks in charge of the network have been on the record saying they're not putting on recent/modern kids' shows. You'll see the 1980s version of Inspector Gadget but won't the recent Netflix revival of the series. While something like Xiaolin Showdown and Krypto the Superdog will be there (the latter likely for E/I requirements), don't expect a show like Johnny Test to heavily appear on MeTV Toons since it doesn't totally appeal to the core demo of the channel.
Pretty much.
There are very, very, VERY few post-2000 shows on the MeTV Toons roster so far, and most of the ones presented have ties to DC (Krypto) or Looney Tunes (Baby Looney Tunes and Duck Dodgers). Xiaolin Showdown premiered in 2003, and I feel that could be the cutoff date for any non-Looney Tunes/DC shows on the channel.

Krypto is likely on the channel to fulfill FCC E/I requirements, as is Baby Looney Tunes.

I don't see many shows from the last 20 years on the channel at all.
I think the only one I can see being aired on MeTV Toons is Kids Next Door because it came out in 2002, and it did aired on Kids WB in 2004.
I wouldn't mind that much if they somehow managed to pick up some former WB Network animated shows like Mission Hill, Baby Blues, or Oblongs
Eh, I don’t know how to feel about those. I would rather have Duckman more than any of those three.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
I think the only one I can see being aired on MeTV Toons is Kids Next Door because it came out in 2002, and it did aired on Kids WB in 2004.
I really don't see KND or any Cartoon Network originals airing on MeTV Toons in any capacity. I think it goes with the fact that a majority of the shows are going to be theatrical shorts and shows from the 1950s to the early 1990s since those are the ones the core demographic of Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials enjoyed in that period.

I get the feeling there's going to be a very, very low number of post-2000 shows on the channel.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I don't see this channel getting any of the Cartoon-Cartoons. Warner Brothers will likely want to keep those exclusive to Cartoon Network. From the looks of it, MeTV Toons will be getting 2 Stupid Dogs, which is at the most Cartoon-Cartoon adjacent.

Hulkwummy

I'm a little curious, Is Me TV Toons a cable tv channel or a streaming service? Just asking.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I always forget that Baby Blues had a cartoon series, only really remember the comic strip since that's still going daily.

I'm a little curious, Is Me TV Toons a cable tv channel or a streaming service? Just asking.
Over the Air TV channel

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
I really don't see KND or any Cartoon Network originals airing on MeTV Toons in any capacity. I think it goes with the fact that a majority of the shows are going to be theatrical shorts and shows from the 1950s to the early 1990s since those are the ones the core demographic of Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials enjoyed in that period.

I get the feeling there's going to be a very, very low number of post-2000 shows on the channel.
I don't see this channel getting any of the Cartoon-Cartoons. Warner Brothers will likely want to keep those exclusive to Cartoon Network. From the looks of it, MeTV Toons will be getting 2 Stupid Dogs, which is at the most Cartoon-Cartoon adjacent.
Yeah true true.

Although, I hope that CN back catalog of shows get preserved in some way, even if it’s not going to be on MeTV Toons.

I always forget that Baby Blues had a cartoon series, only really remember the comic strip since that's still going daily.
I’m trying my best to pretend that cartoon never existed…

Last edited:

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
It's that bad huh? I've never seen it, only seen the comic strip, as recently as today.
Well……let’s just say, not too get off topic, but if you’re a fan of Baby Blues (like I do), it’s not going to make you feel comfortable.

I’m just going to leave it there.

Back on MeTV Toons. I’m going to say this right now. I have never been so excited for the channel since The Hub back in 2010. They had so many possibilities. I’m not expecting this channel to have any stuff from the 2000’s since I think it’s a bit too soon, but being a classic channel over the air, it’s going to bring in big numbers. Finger crossed.

Pooky

Staff member
Needless to say I hope (although don't expect) that this expands into the UK and other markets. In case you're wondering why I'm so interested in this despite living outside of the US, well aside from fitting well into many of my areas of interest, I did get rather attached to MeTV after spending 8 days and nights in an Arizona hotel in January this year.

[Baby Blues is] that bad huh? I've never seen it, only seen the comic strip, as recently as today.

I think what turned some fans of the comic strip off was some prime time friendly "edginess" and crudeness that was mild compared to many other animated shows at the time and certainly since, but still felt at odds with the source material. There were also some new characters that didn't fit into the world particularly well, visually or otherwise. But opinion vary. IMO it wasn't a bad show; personally I liked what I saw of it more than what I saw of Mission Hill.

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
There's a podcast about the network

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Are there any channels that got shut down before being launched?
Happy Memorial Day!
Happy Memorial Day!
I can’t believe that this dub even exists.
Random thought; if Marvin (Garfield-esque comic strip about babies) had been turned into a Saturday Morning cartoon in the late 80s, rather than being confined to a one-off special, would Rugrats have ever existed?

Featured Posts