My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 9 Talkback

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Between Dark and Dawn

You know I am not sure we needed the B plot, they could have split this into two episodes, they done that before, that would have been cool, if the B plot is off screened and reserved for the next episode.
Maybe executives think Celestia and/or Luna can't hold an episode on their own, hence why there's usually a B plot involving the other characters or they play off other characters. I mean, keep in mind it Celestia 7 seasons to get an episode.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
They give us some personality to the princesses, Celestia is more adventures, while Luna is a little more cultured. I love how they flip the tropes, normally the older sister is more cultured and the younger sister is more adventures.
Given how Celestia is the type that would want to spice up the Grand Galloping Gala by inviting first the Mane Six and then Discord...

zoombie

My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip

In this double-length special, Rainbow Dash has been invited to a festival at Hope Hollow as a guest of honor.

Discuss

zoombie

My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip

Well this was a nice surprise. A very simple story of a town that stopped believing, and everything they wanted was there all along. This plot is the anti villain episode. This story had no villain, and if it did I think it would ruin the story. I think you had to have the conflict be completely enteral for it to work.

I thought all of the new characters were great, I liked them all along. Even the elderly Manehatten ponies were likable. I loved the fillies, the repair pony, the designer, etc. they were all great.

It was obvious that Sunny and Petunia had feelings for each other, but still the proposal that was a surprise. I thought they might just go on a date, but wow.

And Rainbow she had her usual ego trip, but it wasn't so bad, and I really liked how she inspired those fillies. Though the depressing magic, I found that a bit unbelievable, I mean are you saying no other every had that type of depression that turned gray, if those are the rules we are establishing.

I really liked this special and sad to think this is probably the last.

zoombie

The Last Laugh

Pinkie Pie seeks help from Cheese Sandwich to find her purpose in life.

Discuss

zoombie

The Last Laugh

A nice episode, it addresses what is Pinkie Pie's future, and the answer is she is already living it.

Nice to see Cheese Sandwich again, and the answers to his problems clearly was going corporate is not for him. A very simple episode, no over the top conflict, a nice breather episode to get us back into the show. And I really some of the new characters introduced here. Pinkie Pie can help any pony.

So the lesson of the day, don't obsess with your future.

zoombie

2, 4, 6, Greaaat

Rainbow Dash is shocked to learn that she isn't coaching for the School of Friendship's new buckball team.

Discuss

zoombie

2 4 6 Greaat

You know this is relatable, a lot of people don't respect cheerleaders, so this episode had a good lesson. Cheerleading is as athletic as anything. More so than some sport, I mean golf, bowling, really?

Rainbow did get on my nerves for most of the episode, but I think that is intentionally. The squad was adorable.

An okay episode, I have seen worse Rainbow Dash episodes

zoombie

A Trivial Pursuit

Twilight is paired up with Pinkie Pie for a night of Trivia Trot, much to her dismay.

Discuss

zoombie

A Trivial Pursuit

So an episode about Twilight about how competitive when properly motivated. While she is not competed at everything like Rainbow Dash, but when the competition she can be as bad as RD, just saying.

Though I sympathize a little bit, Pinkie Pie didn't take this seriously enough. I am not saying Twilight's approach was the right one, but their could be a compromise.

Well I thought I was going to hate Pinkie Pie in this one, but she is surprisingly decent. I think the lesson is, not to take thing seriously. Though I disagree slightly, I thought the lesson should be a compromise, Twilight shouldn't take things so seriously, but Pinkie Pie should also learn that life is not all about having fun.

Oh well good episode, and Maude's appearance always gives the episodes more points.

zoombie

The Summer Sun Setback

The Mane Six try to make Celestia and Luna's final Summer Sun Celebration extraordinary.

Discuss

zoombie

The Summer Sun Setback

Well you know it is the final season, when they are driving it home how much our main characters have grown and not reverting back to their old selves, we see that here with Twilight.

I am glad Twilight has shown some growth. She doesn't freak out so easily. I wonder if we have these types of episodes for the others, like showing how less fearful Fluttershy, etc. Though have they all grown, what differs Rainbow Dash now than from the beginning?

Though I was thinking watching this, is how OP unicorns are. If they put their minds to it, they could enslave the earth ponies so easily, the pegasus would be more of a challenge, but still. The unicorn, could it be coming, and whose side will Rarity be?

Anyway this is was a fun episode, so much chaos and Discord didn't do a thing.

zoombie

She Talks To Angel

Fluttershy seeks help from Zecora to understand her pet bunny, Angel.

Discuss

zoombie

She Talks To Angel

Finally Fluttershy finds out what a jerk Angel can be.It has been a running gag, everyone knows Angel is a jerk except for Fluttershy.

Anyway this kind of a Freaky Friday episode, seeing it be done between an animal and this universe's version of humans, that is pretty much was ponies are in this show, is interesting twist, second time I have seen that, first time was between Garfield and Jon on Garfield and Friends, speaking of, I just realized that Angel is very much like Garfield.

Cool to see Angel talk and what personality he has through Fluttershy's voice. And interesting that Angel thinks Fluttershy relationship with Discord is romantic.

And Zecora knew all along the effect of that potion, when Fluttershy tried to talk to her in Angel's body, she knew that was Fluttershy? Speaking of, so Zecora let Dr. Floan in on what just happened?

I didn't think I would like this episode because I hate Angel bunny, but I actually liked it.

zoombie

Dragon Dropped

Rarity worries she’s done something to upset Spike when he stops making time for her.

Discuss

zoombie

Dragon Dropped

Another episodes how the characters have evolved. Spike has gone beyond having a school crush on Rarity and able to focus on other things. Here he makes a new friend in Gabby Gums. Great to see Gabby again, like before she is adorable. And when her feelings are hurt you felt it.

I love the reference to classic movies with Rarity and the record player, and Rarity even though she made some mistakes, she it still likable and understandable, and within character unlike Twilight in the MLP Movie.

In the end, things didn't go to far over the edge, and all the parties were able to resolve things. And Pinkie Pie you should take to a gem stone cave.

zoombie

A Horse Shoe - In

Starlight Glimmer attempts to find a Vice Headmare for the School of Friendship.

Discuss

zoombie

A Horse Shoe In

How many of these Starlight / Trixie episodes do we get in which Trixie is in the wrong and has to make up for it? It seems that is what we get all the time. Oh well, Trixie in a way she is kind of a cross between Rainbow Dash and Discord. She has RD's arrogance, and Discord's ability to annoy and be inconsiderate to others. The big difference is that Trixie doesn't know she is doing that and doesn't mean to, Discord does that on purpose, he knows what he is doing.

Interesting other candidates for vice mare, why Spoiled Rich would want this job is beyond me, maybe power, but she is not one that strikes as a children person. As for Big Mac, yup this job is not for him, the Doctor is a little out there, it could have worked, Octavea she did a great job, in the end she rejected the job.

Yup Trixie's arrogance is her un doing, but I did like that we found something positive in that she stands up for others, a council job might work out for her.

As for Sunburst, he is a fine choice, and how old is Flury Heart now, I can't wait to see her, I wonder if she can talk. All and all a great episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts