"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's pretty awesome to know they're kind of trying to re-create the New Scooby Movies era, with some contemporary stars. And even some fictional characters (Sherlock Holmes), but still stuff that is relevant today in one way or another. The entire concept of Scooby & guest-stars has been around for a while, either on TV or DTV movies (just recently they announced the next movie will have some celebrity cooks as guest-stars), and it's kind of nice to know it won't be gone for a while.

As for the DC Comics guest-stars, that should be a lot of fun. There's a thread over on the DC Comics Animation Forum where you could speculate more on this subject, by the way.

I'm really looking forward to this. I never was a huge Scooby fan but have enjoyed most of his previous shows and movies (and even the ones I didn't enjoy that much, I never really had a problem with the art-style or anything).

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I like the idea of following the New Scooby Doo movies formula , loved watching that when it ran on Cartoon Network. I wonder if they'll meet any cartoon network characters. Also glad they aren't doing that art style from Be,Cool. it was kind off to me couldn't place why it was though.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, color me intrigued. I was already looking forward to the series, and now I'm more hyped. And having Chris Bailey on board is a plus in my book.
This should have Frank Welker, Matthew Lillard, Grey Griffin, and Kate Micucci in it.
They're the defacto voices for the characters. Of course they'll be in it.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
So many shows/characters they could crossover with... As unrealistic as it is it would be cool see Mike Tyson featured or Johnny Bravo and The Addams Family for nostalgia sake. I imagine they'll rather focus on current kids friendly stuff though.

Well, I did sort of expect some salty comments from from Be Cool Scooby-Doo! which BTW, they still solved mysteries and what not. The celebrity guests plot reminded me of The New Scooby-Doo Movies a bit. I can't judge before I see some footage of course.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
A more family-friendly Supernatural crossover should be one of the episodes. Probably some parents weren't happy with the first.

A Dark Shadows crossover should also happen but as a DTV movie.

Insomnia

Now this is what I've been wanting, a scooby show to really play up the cheese,campiness, and aesthetics of the 70's era. This sounds like it would be really fun and hopefully more focused than Be Cool was. And with it being guest star focused I have to wonder if will end up getting actual crossovers with existing WB tv series, imagine a flinstones or Ok Ko episode.

StorytellerMJ5

This looks great and may tempt me into getting the Boomerang service next year. I loved The New Scooby-Doo Movies as a kid and still like it to this day. There is a lot of potential in a show like this.

Dudley

Staff member
The possibilities are endless with Guess Who! This definitely makes me want to get a Boomerang subscription.
I hope they cross over with other HB properties along with Looney Tunes and even MGM characters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I've been saying a live-action TV series in the franchise would be good too, on The CW. Greg Berlanti would be the best man for the job, it can exist in the same universe, air on the same night as and occasionally cross over with Riverdale.

The Archie gang can then return the favor by appearing on Guess Who. They were a partial inspiration for the Mystery Inc. gang after all.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Based on Nick and More's thoughts, it might be inspired in the first series and could pay a deliberate tribute in its upcoming fiftieth anniversary.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

It seems like Michael Ryan will be the story editor, just like how he was on season 2 of Mystery Incorporated. It also helps that he wrote two other Scooby Doo crossovers (Bravo Dooby Doo, & Scooby Doo: Wrestlemania Mystery)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts