Total Drama News & Discussion thread

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
They should treat them properly like how every new stuff should be treated and not just forget about them once they're done, especially if more new seasons will be on the way after.
well, at the same time I am thinking about how CN CEE is in general...

But yeah, it isn't normal to not have these episodes here. Let alone in the USA.

Ace

Ace
CN never treated the last seasons of Total Drama very well. The show went from being their highest rated show back in 2008 to being relegated to weekday afternoon airings. American audiences soured on it.

I think it's still might be popular some places internationally but given that context it's probably not airing in the US (at least on the main channel) Even Canada it aired on Boomerang.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

CN never treated the last seasons of Total Drama very well. The show went from being their highest rated show back in 2008 to being relegated to weekday afternoon airings. American audiences soured on it.

I think it's still might be popular some places internationally but given that context it's probably not airing in the US (at least on the main channel) Even Canada it aired on Boomerang.
This isn't true. The only TD related media they didn't treat well was the Ridonculous Race, which was the time Christina Miller took over the channel. Every other season was given tons of promotion, even Pahkitew Island, despite airing new episodes daily, was non-stop advertized like crazy and was given marathons (which payed off as it had really good ratings and RR was given a greenlit just a few days after Pahkitew ended its run in the US). The show still has a large fanbase.

Also isn't true. In Canada the reboot is currently airing on Cartoon Network (previously known as Teletoon). Only reruns of the 2007 OG season are airing on Boomerang. The show is still very popular on a lot of places, just look at google trends. Even with the reboot not airing in the US yet, it was still more searched on Google than the likes of the Clone High revival or MAWS.

Ace

Ace
I think it is true the ratings weren't as good as they were when the show started. At least where it wasn't as high as other shows. Maybe the target demo was better but airing the show daily is usually a sign they don't have much confidence in it of course we can't know how they actually felt about the show only speculate based on what they do with it. The finales usually get the biggest ratings of the show and they always promote those more.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Weekly premieres (seemingly)
1 month in advance promotion
Airing it at their most popular timeslot

They're surprisingly treating it decently enough despite the 1 YEAR delay. Hopefully they will give it some reruns. However I think it's stupid that they aren't rerunning the OG series to hype it up. Not even Rama is airing.

But thank GOD they're finally airing it. I really hope it will still perform well enough. I still wonder if it'll be on MAX or not

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
I wish we'd get some repeats of the original as well, but I guess that might be confusing for potential new viewers.

Markus Nelis

TD was a massive hit back when it first aired. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about it being that much popular.

The original reruns could air on the last week of May. We are still three weeks ahead.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Even though I'm not into the Total Drama franchise, even when I was a kid (I don't hate it, it just wasn't for me), but I do acknowledge that it's a very popular franchise and understand that a lot of people really love it. It wasn't my cup of tea.

With that said, I'm glad that the Total Drama Island reboot is finally coming to the US, after it being delayed for so long. For longtime TDI fans, it's gonna be a great treat.

tykroma94

I think they're just really spreading out their premieres so they'd have at least one or two shows with new episodes. There's just not much on right now. Hopefully there will be more later this year.

Yea pretty much, especially considering that this season is 26 episodes so premieres should last them until November. I really hope there’s new stuff for CN later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace

Ace
It might be bad for the show that they waited so long to air it. People just assumed it was never going to air which means a lot of fans just found ways to watch the show through non-legal means. Of course what will matter is if new fans in CN's target demographic like the show.

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
Yea pretty much, especially considering that this season is 26 episodes so premieres should last them until November. I really hope there’s new stuff for CN later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually, the 26 episodes are split into two separate seasons.

Anyways, now we're still waiting for the European premiere dates... (outside Italy)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"“Total Drama Island” Revival Premieres June 1st"​

Total-Drama-Island-1-scaled.webp

"The U.S. premiere date for the revival of Total Drama Island has been announced. It will premiere June 1st at 9 A.M. on Cartoon Network and the next day on Max according to a post on X (formerly known as Twitter) by Cartoon Network.

A trailer for the new season has also been released on the official Total Drama YouTube channel.

The new season, which has already been airing internationally, takes place 15 years after the original Total Drama Island. It will gather a new set of contestants at a new set that is modeled after the original Camp Wawanakwa. Original host Chris McLean returns, though with a new voice actor, Terry McGurrin, after previously having been voiced by Christian Potenza. McGurrin also serves as executive producer on the series. Chef Hatchet, voiced by Deven Mack, also returns."

Read the full article here.

And here's the trailer:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?
If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.

Featured Posts